Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TireRack is AMAZING

1. 10-05-2012 10:29 AM #26
      I ONLY buy from the Tire Rack. Their research is amazing, and frankly a well run organization like that deserves my business.
      2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition30, Pure White/Black V-tex/carbon
      2015 Toyota Sienna SE, Predawn Gray Mica/Black

Son of a gun / Master of fate / Bows to no god, kingdom, or state.

2. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 VW GTI 2DR DBM
      10-05-2012 10:30 AM #27
      i love that tirerack has a nevada warehouse. no tax and gets here fairly quickly

3. 10-05-2012 10:34 AM #28
      ordered one set of wheels/tires and about 4 sets of tires

great business
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      53 Cylinders & 6 turbos
      10-05-2012 10:43 AM #29
      I can usually get tires from Tire Rack faster than my local distributor, who is 23 miles away and usually at a better price even with shipping, I just wish they carried some additional lines (mostly Nitto and Federal) and complete lines of Yokohama and Continental, but that is a US market gripe not just Tire Rack.

Vehicles
      '06 C55 AMG, '02 Passat wagon & lots of MCs and shtuff...
      10-05-2012 10:51 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      Seriously, do you add ANYTHING to this community? Just go away. This place would be better without you.
      I see the pot met the kettle.
      Unusually able to handle the onslaught that is a '98 Accord V6.
      #teamanti-posevenfornostalgia'ssake
      A&F is actually Corbic. I know, makes sense now doesn't it!

6. 10-05-2012 11:08 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      I see the pot met the kettle.

7. 10-05-2012 11:19 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      Also, the best part of Tire Rack: the test track (and the CMO's Viper).
      Hah. One of the perks of running a tire retailer: not worrying about the treadwear on your Viper.
      call it potatography

10-05-2012 11:20 AM #33
      I agree. I have been using tire rack for 10 years?
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

Vehicles
      Yellow 1970 Beetle & Yellow Rush 2012 Beetle 2.5L Tiptronic
      10-05-2012 11:30 AM #34
      Love TireRack, Love Sarcasm = this thread!!!
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

10-05-2012 11:31 AM #35
      anybody remember the sale discount tire direct had a couple years ago. $100 off any 4 tires purchase and $100 off any 4 wheels purchase. They lost their ass on that sale. I bought a set for my CRX and a winter set on steelies. Saved $400 lol

Never ordered anything from Tirerack but I window shop their site every time I'm looking for wheels/tires.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

Vehicles
      2012 Mazdaspeed 3
      10-05-2012 11:35 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by SVTDanny View Post
      You mean, UPS is AMAZING?
      This
      GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
      I like torque steer.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan, 1982 Alfa Spider, Cannondale R700
      10-05-2012 11:38 AM #37
      TIRE RACK, OPEN UP A CANADIAN ECOMMERCE WEBSITE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tire rack is awesome if you live in the states... once we pay taxes, shipping, duty + brokerage, it's nearly a wash.
      CLICK HERE to vote for my LEGO Top Gear UK project on LEGO Ideas!

Vandelay Industries - Specializing in Latex since 1992.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi S4 Premium Plus
      10-05-2012 11:43 AM #38
      I once bought HP All Season tires from Tire Rack. Right after I bought it online, i looked at my e-mailed invoice and saw that "It was shipped and delivered" YESTERDAY. I went outside and BEHOLD, the tires had been there the whole time. I AM AMAZED.

Vehicles
      Weekday sports car, weekend sports car, and a suburban homeowner special
      10-05-2012 11:54 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      Might as well go to WalMart to get tires.
      Wal-Mart can't get me 14" Star Specs by tomorrow. Tire Rack can - and has.

Wal-Mart serves the 'I need tires, any tires, at a good price' demographic. Tire Rack helps those of us who actually care about tires. They have reviews, test data, tire weights, and other metrics. Tire Rack sponsors the Wheel & Tire subforum at Miata.net. They monitor the forum to answer questions. Tire Rack sponsors autocross. Tire Rack cares about the communities in which it is a part. Wal-Mart? Not so much. Not to mention that I can browse tires by size or vehicle and decide on what I want, rather a decision between two options given to me by the tech at Wal-Mart.

That's why I shop at Tire Rack.

10-05-2012 12:02 PM #40
      This is all fine and dandy if you're buying wheels AND tires, but if you're only buying tires to replace on the vehicle it actually cost more and is a bigger PITA to go through Tirerack. Much easier to go to local shop like Discount Tire, Les Schwab, Costco, etc.
      The lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep.

Vehicles
      1986 Alfa Spider, 2005 Ford Freestyle
      10-05-2012 12:04 PM #41
      it's even more fun to go there... I take the drive down to get my tires dealt with directly...

Vehicles
      '07 335i, '12 Caravan, JK... JK! it's a JKU
      10-05-2012 12:07 PM #42
      I've been looking at TR recently, and while they still have good deals on a lot of tires, discount has been matching or beating them on the tires I'm looking at (before price matching).

Considering I'd have to get them mounted somewhere anyway, looks like Discount is the way for me to go this time around.

18. Member
      10-05-2012 12:26 PM #43
      Tire rack rocks.

Their on line inventory is accurate.
      They process orders quickly.
      I have recieved wheel & tire combinations mounted & balanced within a day from them.

With replacement tires, I have them shipped to the directly to the shop, and I make the appointment with the shop ahead of time. So I bring my car in a couple of days after I order the tires. Within an hour, they're mounted and I'm ready to go.

(It ain't just UPS, although they deserve some of the credit for prompt service as well).
      Last edited by bbk; 10-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      10-05-2012 12:32 PM #44
      Another fan. They have a warehouse in Shreveport, LA so I also get ground shipped tires the next day. Price is competitive and I have a local 'hood tire shop that will mount and balance for $60 a set. Been using them for years.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

Vehicles
      1998 GTi VR6 Ginster, 2004 Forester
      10-05-2012 12:47 PM #45
      agreed they are awesome, ordered wheels/tires on a saturday, they were at my door Tuesday Morning.

Vehicles
      '06 C55 AMG, '02 Passat wagon & lots of MCs and shtuff...
      10-05-2012 01:17 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      Might as well go to WalMart to get tires.
      Someone drank an extra cup of stupid this morning, I take it? Wal-Mart gets versions of specific, name-brand tires made and sold cheaper than the versions sold elsewhere. Tirerack does not do this. They are not even close enough that it warrants further correcting of another moronic post of yours today.
      Unusually able to handle the onslaught that is a '98 Accord V6.
      #teamanti-posevenfornostalgia'ssake
      A&F is actually Corbic. I know, makes sense now doesn't it!

Vehicles
      07 GTI, 14 JSW TDI
      10-05-2012 01:20 PM #47
      I like tire rack because discount tire will match their prices.

Our Civic needed new tires and I really like the Ecsta 4X from Kumho but discount tire was $2x more dollar a tire. Sent them a link to the tire rack page, discount tire ordered the tires had them shipped to the shop right down the street and all set.

Side note: Tire rack has great customer service too. Winter tires for the civic 1 tire was out of balance. Took it to my local tire place, they re-balanced the tire. Emailed the receipt to Tire rack, few days later check from tire rack shows up in my mailbox.

Vehicles
      '63 VW Bug, Jeep Commander, Mazda CX-5
      10-05-2012 01:34 PM #48
      I had a set of tires delivered to me BEFORE I ordered them!
      Tire Rack is amazing!
      Have a on me...

Vehicles
      MkIV R
      10-05-2012 01:43 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Uberhare View Post
      This is all fine and dandy if you're buying wheels AND tires, but if you're only buying tires to replace on the vehicle it actually cost more and is a bigger PITA to go through Tirerack. Much easier to go to local shop like Discount Tire, Les Schwab, Costco, etc.
      I've done both, and it has always been simpler and more economical to get everything through Tire Rack. Granted, some of this is likely due to my location. There are none of those other chains within a 30 mile radius. There is a Walmart but, they have never had any tires in the right size in stock for any of the vehicles in my family.

There is a very close local chain that has given good service when it comes to mounting and such. I purchased one tire from them once. But even they have recommended that I order tires through Tire Rack and have them do the mounting since they can't special order sizes as quick or compete with Tire Rack's prices.

My sister needed a set of tires for her Miata last winter. It has gotten to where there are very few tires available anywhere in the right size. I shopped all the web tire places and found only a couple of tires were in stock anywhere. Tire Rack not only had the right size but the right tire. I checked the local shop since I knew they sold the same brand. They said they could order them but all their suppliers were on backorder for that particular tire. I told them I knew somewhere that had them, and told them the price. They were stunned, and told me to order from Tire Rack quick.

I have also been able to order a non-recommended size tire from them just for a test fit. I wanted to run a size that was too large for my car according to their recommendations. I read through their return policy, then called and talked with one of their cs people to confirm. He said I could purchase a single tire and have it mounted on the wheel, put it on the car, roll it around to check fitment. If it didn't fit, I could return it as long as it wasn't driven on. Of course I would have to pay return shipping but, in this case it wasn't necessary since fitment was fine. Maybe a local shop would have let me do the same thing but, this was a tire and size that no one had in stock but, I could get one from TR within 48 hours.

25. 10-05-2012 01:51 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by DamienR8 View Post
      I once bought HP All Season tires from Tire Rack. Right after I bought it online, i looked at my e-mailed invoice and saw that "It was shipped and delivered" YESTERDAY. I went outside and BEHOLD, the tires had been there the whole time. I AM AMAZED.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast