Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok seriously now.

Vehicles
      2007 Brilliant Black A3 3.2
      10-05-2012 04:33 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
      I dunno... I bought my lava grey 2008 2.0T in Florida with premium pkg., open-sky and S-tronic with a few options for $24,xxx plus fees plus tax plus tag... BRAND NEW.

So I can't help thinking that this is a 'ho-hum' deal. -Maybe it's just down here, or maybe it's just that I'm a negotiating ninja, but 23k plus fees plus tax plus tag etc. for a used car that's out of warranty? ...Meh.
      hahah my guess is you are a ninja. To put it in perspective the only A3 for sale used in Edmonton right now, well that I have found so far has 80k Kilometers on it and Southgate Audi wants 32k for it. Brand new Quattro you will be looking at around 40k I believe.

Also one thing to note is I would be paying the taxes for Alberta so 5%. Plus importing fee's.

I have figured it out and 10,000$ price difference is needed to be worth importing a car. And well if I could get this one for 20,000$ then its def worth it.

Plus I really just want a 3.2 Quattro.
      Last edited by Ponto; 10-05-2012 at 04:35 PM.
      2007 A3 3.2vr Lava Grey S-line / Killed in Action
      2007 A3 3.2vr Brilliant Black S-line

2. 10-05-2012 06:46 PM #37
      I dunno... I bought my lava grey 2008 2.0T in Florida with premium pkg., open-sky and S-tronic with a few options for $24,xxx plus fees plus tax plus tag... BRAND NEW.

So I can't help thinking that this is a 'ho-hum' deal. -Maybe it's just down here, or maybe it's just that I'm a negotiating ninja, but 23k plus fees plus tax plus tag etc. for a used car that's out of warranty? ...Meh.
      How? that is about 8k below invoice

Vehicles
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      10-05-2012 07:08 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber-A3 View Post
      Some dealerships will take a huge loss on certain cars to keep their overall sales numbers up with a particular car company which helps them save money on the cars they can charge a premium on.
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

4. 10-05-2012 09:59 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      Some dealerships will take a huge loss on certain cars to keep their overall sales numbers up with a particular car company which helps them save money on the cars they can charge a premium on.
      I understand how dealers work with volume bonuses and such but 8k below invoice is hard to believe, especially on a 2.0t A3. I could understand a VW V12 Phateon that sat on the lot for 18 months.

Vehicles
      2003 Silverstone GTI 1.8t(Gone), 2006 Brilliant Red Audi A3 3.2Q
      10-06-2012 04:24 PM #40
      Ok so I went to see the car. Wow it is super clean. I looked over in and out. Only things are tires probably have about 40% life in them, shifter surround (the aluminum part is peeling a little) and mirrors have those stupid glue on blind spot mirrors. Saw one or two scratches but that's normal. Engine bay was super clean you could eat off it. If I had the money I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection. Lol. Didn't take it for a ride cause I had things to do. Spoke with one of the guys there. Super nice. Guy is named Alex and number is 305-444-7740. I told him I had a friend from Canada that was interested. Said it was no problem to ship.
      Mods:Unitronics Stage 1+ | UM DSG Tune | Magnaflow Catback | HPA SHS Coilovers | MODSHACK VTDA intake
      VRSociety #172

Quote Originally Posted by Boost112 View Post
      Interests:Food being shoved in hot chicks faces.... and other stuff....

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      10-06-2012 05:48 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by neu318 View Post
      Ok so I went to see the car. Wow it is super clean. I looked over in and out. Only things are tires probably have about 40% life in them, shifter surround (the aluminum part is peeling a little) and mirrors have those stupid glue on blind spot mirrors. Saw one or two scratches but that's normal. Engine bay was super clean you could eat off it. If I had the money I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection. Lol. Didn't take it for a ride cause I had things to do. Spoke with one of the guys there. Super nice. Guy is named Alex and number is 305-444-7740. I told him I had a friend from Canada that was interested. Said it was no problem to ship.
      OP: Run a carfax on it and if it's clean then buy that bish!

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 07:44 PM #42
      Dang! That is awesome man thanks for checking it out for me!

Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
      OP: Run a carfax on it and if it's clean then buy that bish!
      Have the car fax, shows up clean! Only thing now is if i need to sell my Gti before my bank will give me a loan or not. Will find out this week! haha

Oh man i would be so happy if this all works out.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 07:54 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Ponto View Post
      Dang! That is awesome man thanks for checking it out for me!

Have the car fax, shows up clean! Only thing now is if i need to sell my Gti before my bank will give me a loan or not. Will find out this week! haha

Oh man i would be so happy if this all works out.
      No problem man glad to help out. You owe me a beer now if I ever go to Canada. Lol. Just kidding. I really hope this works out for you. Keep us updated.
      Mods:Unitronics Stage 1+ | UM DSG Tune | Magnaflow Catback | HPA SHS Coilovers | MODSHACK VTDA intake
      VRSociety #172

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 A3 3.2, 2007 S3, 2008 R32
      10-06-2012 07:55 PM #44
      You owe me a beer now
      You deserve a keg for your assistance.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 08:02 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by DG7Projects View Post
      Glad to help out
      VRSociety #172

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 08:13 PM #46
      Now the question is what mods do you have planned for it?
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 08:27 PM #47
      No problem man glad to help out. You owe me a beer now if I ever go to Canada. Lol. Just kidding. I really hope this works out for you. Keep us updated.
      Oh there will be plenty of beer! Good beer! Or if I ever come down that way I will be sure to bring ya something!

Keg party at my place!!

Now the question is what mods do you have planned for it?
      Well assuming all goes well with the bank this week...

First off will be winter tires... LOL

Seriously though will do the APR chip, look at exhaust probably. Spring time get some coils. On my way to Leavenworth next year I want to stop in at HPA and get the Haldex and DSG stuff done.

That is the start anyways. Like the single mess grill so will be doing that too probably!

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 08:48 PM #48
      Oh there will be plenty of beer! Good beer! Or if I ever come down that way I will be sure to bring ya something!

Sweet. Sounds good
      VRSociety #172

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 09:47 PM #49
      Seriously though will do the APR chip, look at exhaust probably. Spring time get some coils. On my way to Leavenworth next year I want to stop in at HPA and get the Haldex and DSG stuff done.

That is the start anyways. Like the single mess grill so will be doing that too probably!
      Unfotunately APR software is not much of an upgrade on the 3.2. If you do exhaust and intake consider the Giac or HPA. Also, let me know if you do Leavenworth as that's my neck of the woods and we should meet up for a beer and I'll pay you to bring me a couple cases of Sleeman :-)

Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      10-06-2012 10:21 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber-A3 View Post
      It was late July 2008, model-year-end.

I'd been hunting around and my local dealership wasn't getting any more in, -they only had two A3's in, and I didn't want either of them. (Options weren't a match for what I wanted).

My wife had been calling everywhere within a 200 mile radius, and a place in Melbourne said they'd get what we wanted for the price we wanted to pay... (which was stupidly low). -they didn't have it on the lot, but they'd make it happen.

I'd been working in Tampa off & on, and I'd stopped by the Audi dealership there to see what they had. -They had several cars, but said there was no way they could do the price I was offering...

After a week of hearing nothing from Melbourne, the Tampa place called and said if I was still in the market, they'd match Melbourne's offer just to get a car off the lot. -I didn't care about color, and this one had stuff like iPod dock, which wasn't on my list, but I didn't own an iPod or iPhone, so who cares about that... right? Anyhow, all the other things I wanted were there, so I said yes.. so long as Melbourne hadn't got me the car yet.

I called Melbourne to tell them I had found a car, and they told me that they'd hopelessly overestimated their ability to find me a car at that price, so they were trying to figure out a way to back out of their promise anyhow...

So I called Tampa back and said we had a deal. -Drove over that evening and picked up the car. For cash.

-I'd told them I had a Golf to trade.

They looked over my 99 Golf and offered me 1500 for it, so I kept it, and got a $4000 offer the next week. -I think they were hoping I'd trade and they'd make something back on that, but I had my wife drive the Audi home, and I drove back in the VW.

Total amount I paid was $27,xxx, including delivery, dealer fees, tax, tag and title. Im fairly sure it was $27,7xx, but I'd have to check.

Ninja stylee.

...and I kept the Golf!
      Last edited by VWAddict; 10-06-2012 at 10:30 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      10-06-2012 11:13 PM #51
      It was late July 2008, model-year-end.

I'd been hunting around and my local dealership wasn't getting any more in, -they only had two A3's in, and I didn't want either of them. (Options weren't a match for what I wanted).

My wife had been calling everywhere within a 200 mile radius, and a place in Melbourne said they'd get what we wanted for the price we wanted to pay... (which was stupidly low). -they didn't have it on the lot, but they'd make it happen.

I'd been working in Tampa off & on, and I'd stopped by the Audi dealership there to see what they had. -They had several cars, but said there was no way they could do the price I was offering...

After a week of hearing nothing from Melbourne, the Tampa place called and said if I was still in the market, they'd match Melbourne's offer just to get a car off the lot. -I didn't care about color, and this one had stuff like iPod dock, which wasn't on my list, but I didn't own an iPod or iPhone, so who cares about that... right? Anyhow, all the other things I wanted were there, so I said yes.. so long as Melbourne hadn't got me the car yet.

I called Melbourne to tell them I had found a car, and they told me that they'd hopelessly overestimated their ability to find me a car at that price, so they were trying to figure out a way to back out of their promise anyhow...

So I called Tampa back and said we had a deal. -Drove over that evening and picked up the car. For cash.

-I'd told them I had a Golf to trade.

They looked over my 99 Golf and offered me 1500 for it, so I kept it, and got a $4000 offer the next week. -I think they were hoping I'd trade and they'd make something back on that, but I had my wife drive the Audi home, and I drove back in the VW.

Total amount I paid was $27,xxx, including delivery, dealer fees, tax, tag and title. Im fairly sure it was $27,7xx, but I'd have to check.

Ninja stylee.

...and I kept the Golf!
      yup. NINJA
      Audi is the girl who was really cute in high school, but now puts on way too much makeup in order to try and hang out with the hot girls.

Vehicles
      10-07-2012 12:59 AM #52
      Unfotunately APR software is not much of an upgrade on the 3.2. If you do exhaust and intake consider the Giac or HPA. Also, let me know if you do Leavenworth as that's my neck of the woods and we should meet up for a beer and I'll pay you to bring me a couple cases of Sleeman :-)
      yeah I have kinda been looking into them still. My one buddies shop here is an APR dealer so that is swinging my that way. Otherwise its get all HPA stuff! haha Plan to do exhaust and Intake at sometime too, that goes with out saying!

Oh for sure! I will gladly bring some Sleemans down for ya! Last year we had 12 cars drive down for Leavenworth, this year not sure but should be about the same if not more!

Vehicles
      10-07-2012 01:02 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSquirrel View Post
      yup. NINJA
      Agreed. haha

Its all about looking around and being able to deal. Even now looking in the states I have a few other places I have been looking. But this one in Miami just seems to be to good, haha so fingers crossed it all goes well! Just wish it had the Nav, but that is minor. Right Color, engine, interior etc so I would be more then happy!

Vehicles
      10-07-2012 03:07 AM #54
      If we see a five door it will be an etronic or bluetech of some sort - not a standard gasoline engine.

Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      10-07-2012 10:14 AM #55
      Found another one in Sarasota on Manheim by a private dealer, not up for auction. Car is white and has 46,000 miles and asking price is $20,900 but I'm sure you can get this car way cheaper. The last 2007 A3 3.2 in average condition with 48,000 miles to sell at Manheim auction sold for $16,500. This car was purchased at auction in May. I would offer $18,000 for this car and no more than $21,000 for the low mileage one in Miami. There must be a reason that one was hard to sell and had to be auctioned twice already.

Here's the narrative. Pics and Carfax at http://inventory.encoreautos.com/web...Line%20Quattro

2007 AUDI A3 S-LINE QUATTRO DSG ALL WHEEL DRIVE HATCHBACK***FLORIDA OWNED***CARFAX REPORT AVAILABLE ON REQUEST***LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN EFFECT/EXTENDED AVAILABLE ON SITE***STUNNING IBIS WHITE EXTERIOR***BLACK LEATHER TRIMMED INTERIOR***3.2L V6 ENGINE***6-SPEED DSG AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION***ADDITIONAL OPTIONS INCLUDE---DVD NAVIGATION PLUS, TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE, OPEN SKY SYSTEM SUNROOF, SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO, FOG LIGHTS, DUAL ZONE AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL, PREMIUM BOSE AM/FM STEREO W/IN DASH 6-DISC CD CHANGER, DUAL AUTO-DIMMING SIDE MIRRORS, HID HEADLAMPS, WIRELESS CELL PHONE HOOKUP, TRIP COMPUTER, REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY, CRUISE CONTROL, RAIN-SENDING WIPERS, POWER DRIVER SEAT W/LUMBAR SUPPORT, REAR SPOILER, DUAL FRONT AND SIDE AIRBAGS,17" ALLOY WHEELS AND MORE! ENCORE MOTORCARS WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1998 AND HAS SOLD OVER 8,000 VEHICLES! PLEASE CALL GEORGE @ 941-922-6337 OR 941-915-8187 WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
      Last edited by Dr Chill; 10-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

Vehicles
      10-07-2012 03:54 PM #56
      Thanks for the post man!
      Hmm white wasn't on my list, but it does look good. Will have to consider it for sure! getting it for something like 18 would be awesome.

I did notice it had been sold at Auction from Texas as well for that low mileage one. Hard to say for sure. Bah the one downside of shopping from so far away! I guess there is the carfax buy back guarantee to consider too.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      10-10-2012 06:21 PM #57

Vehicles
      10-10-2012 09:51 PM #58
      ha yea its been posted! nice car and def would consider it but to high of mileage for what I want!

Anyways, I have put an offer on the one in Miami! I love my bank lol.

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 02:52 PM #59
      Pretty sure I just bought an Audi from 3,000mi away.

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 02:54 PM #60
      let the mods begin!

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 02:59 PM #61
      Get it here first, then a good once over before any goodies start. Maintenance! And well winter tires!

Oh Lava Grey, you so fantastic.

Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      10-11-2012 03:16 PM #62
      Get it here first, then a good once over before any goodies start. Maintenance! And well winter tires!

You are going to have a fun winter!

and a big welcome to 3.2 owners anonymous
      "Hi, my name is Ponto and I drive an audi a3 3.2q.... its been 6 months since ive driven another car..."

Audi is the girl who was really cute in high school, but now puts on way too much makeup in order to try and hang out with the hot girls.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      '07 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
      10-11-2012 03:19 PM #63
      Pretty sure I just bought an Audi from 3,000mi away.
      Congrats! I've bought several vehicles and a ski boat sight unseen (though not my A3). So far, so good.
      2007 Ibis White A3 2.0T S-Line DSG

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 03:26 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver Too View Post
      Congrats! I've bought several vehicles and a ski boat sight unseen (though not my A3). So far, so good.
      Thanks!! And this is what I like to hear. Couple of my friends have done it as well. Audi A4, 78 Bay window, sure there is more too.

Ski boat would be nice, pull that with your A3? LOL

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 03:27 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSquirrel View Post
      You are going to have a fun winter!

and a big welcome to 3.2 owners anonymous
      "Hi, my name is Ponto and I drive an audi a3 3.2q.... its been 6 months since ive driven another car..."

haha yeaa I am leaving my VW Annoymous for Audi Annoymous. Well I still have my 58 Beetle. So I am in both.

I just can't wait for snow and quattro and omg drool.

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 03:57 PM #66
      Oh yea, to compare -

http://audicpo.ca/en/vehicle_details...KF68P79A090652

That is whats for sale in my city...

Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      10-11-2012 05:18 PM #67
      haha yeaa I am leaving my VW Annoymous for Audi Annoymous. Well I still have my 58 Beetle. So I am in both.

I just can't wait for snow and quattro and omg drool.
      Been there. Done that. -Hence my user name!

Congrats! -If you need someone to drive it up, I will. -You'll be needing someone to bring your '58 down here to keep warm through the winter anyhow!
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 05:32 PM #68
      Are you going to switch out the cluster with large KM instead of large MPH?

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 05:36 PM #69
      Been there. Done that. -Hence my user name!
      Congrats! -If you need someone to drive it up, I will. -You'll be needing someone to bring your '58 down here to keep warm through the winter anyhow!
      All original

If you can get the engine in and have it road worthy by all means!! hahaha (work in progress)

Are you going to switch out the cluster with large KM instead of large MPH?
      Hmm eventually maybe? Since it has both I don't actually need to in order to do the import.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      10-11-2012 05:43 PM #70
      Congrats to another fellow 3.2er.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast