Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Decontenting

Vehicles
      12 passat, 11 Tiguan, 07 passat, 03 jetta turbo
      10-05-2012 02:06 PM #1
      With all the talk of decontenting in the various threads I am curious to know from VW buyers who prefer stripped cars why you chose VW? It seems to me that a domestic car of similar quality could be had for much less. If we are going to settle for cloth seats and torsion beam suspensions, why not get a Chevy Cruz? Mid size sedan with no LED running lights? The Ford Fusion is a good value. I could list many more. If driving dynamics don't matter (you bought a torsion beam suspension after all) then why buy an expensive foreign car? For the looks? If VW is purchased for specifics like driving dynamics, features and performance and there is none of that then do you have a VW anymore? They refer to "VW DNA" being in a car, at what point is it no longer a VW?
      "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI & 2004 Audi a6 2.7t
      10-05-2012 06:18 PM #2
      They did this so the passat and jetta can now be purchased against the domestics. No other company in the last ten years has had there average price drop except vw. With the quality in these cars for the price its hard to beet the Passat now can be purchased for almost 10k less than the former one. That is a huge jump down in price. So people looking for a malibu now can shop in the full size car segment passat. Thus why sales have gone up. And if you still want all the options u have the sel for the usual price. But this way more people can get the cars they offer.
      If your interested in purchasing any new VW i will sell for $100 over what the dealer pays for it! Email me at Jclark@alserra.com