1982 Vanagon 1.6L turbodiesel. Rebuilt turbo diesel engine is from a 1985 Volkswagen Jetta. Less than 10,000 miles on the rebuilt engine. 4 speed manual transmission from an air cooled gas Vanagon enables this Van to cruise easily at 65 mph. I get 26-30 miles a gallon on the highway, low 20s in town.
The combination of Hankook tires (especially made for tall vans), front Bilstein shocks, and rear adjustable Koni shocks makes riding and turning in this van quite nice! Starts well in cold weather!!
Contact me, and I would be glad to send you some photos, etc.
I don't know how to post photos on this forum, but you can see some photos at this site:
Asking price: $5150
• new clutch
• rebuilt turbo diesel w/ new injection pump, and injectors, new seals, etc. <10,000 miles ago.
• new Master cylinder/fluids
• new rear brakes, wheel cylinders, shoes, bearings etc.
• new front disc brakes, calipers, rotor.
• gas tank & gas intake seals/vent
• new front Bilstein Front Gas Shock Absorbers
• new rear KONI Adjustable Twin-Tube Shock Absorbers
• new rear carpeting
• new rear hatch struts
• ignition switch
• New Hankook RA08 tires (made for Vans) free balancing and rotating with lifetime blowout replacement guarantee.
• Kenwood stereo with Boston Acoustics speakers
• Rear heater (radiator fluid heated like a conventional vehicle)
• Original and rare auxiliary fuel-fired interior heater
• Not in the deal, but can add in -$350-$500 worth of Veggie oil conversion parts & design.
• No odometer, however the speedometer works.
• Some Passenger-side slider door dents.
• Minor surface rust