Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Just bought a 2010 CC looking for modification ideas

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      10-05-2012 06:20 PM #1
      I just sold my maxima that I modified and bought a vw cc and I would like to change the headlights. I wanted LEDs and HIDs but I'm not sure how to put them on. Anyone have an idea of what would look good? My car is silver with black tints.

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '10 VW CC 2.0T
      10-05-2012 06:28 PM #2
      Search HIDs, there is an in-depth thread on it. It looks like a 2K job. I have my junk yard ready to call, if the get a CC with the HID housings.

I'd tune the car, which I'm doing soon. APR, goapr.com, is having a sale.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      10-05-2012 06:57 PM #3
      HIDs without Projectors? i dnt thnk it looks good.. I'd get pojector headlights frst but thats expencive..up to u bro...ur car - ur style

Do APR Tune, while on sale!!! Go for perfomance )
      Last edited by Stero1D; 10-05-2012 at 07:02 PM.
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,VRC13/Hancook V12,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etc In Process:DevilsOwn Stg 2 Install Soon NexT:Ran out of Ideas

Vehicles
      2009 VW CC
      10-05-2012 08:19 PM #4
      Slam that ish. First and foremost. Slam it. Then wheels, tune, intake.

Without an argument please no hids in stock housings.

Sent from the tip of my fingers using tapatalk

5. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      10-06-2012 01:21 AM #5
      I'm a girl lol and yes I was thinking I should get the projectors too, I think they would look much better than these stock lights. Do you know a ball park price range??

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      10-06-2012 01:24 AM #6
      I have the 20s that I took of my max, black n chrome but ima get new ones next spring for the cc and sell the ones I have now. I'm thinking mostly black with a chrome lip, complete opposite of what I have now. I have no clue what to do with my exhaust, what do you recommend?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      10-06-2012 02:07 AM #7
      Just Downpipe ))
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,VRC13/Hancook V12,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etc In Process:DevilsOwn Stg 2 Install Soon NexT:Ran out of Ideas

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      10-06-2012 03:15 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by VDUBCC10 View Post
      I have the 20s that I took of my max, black n chrome but ima get new ones next spring for the cc and sell the ones I have now. I'm thinking mostly black with a chrome lip, complete opposite of what I have now. I have no clue what to do with my exhaust, what do you recommend?
      Like above said just a downpipe is good for power if you want a change in the sound catback. I love the way my Billy boat catback sounds not too loud but when u get one it she puts off a nice note

As for tuning its the best bang for you buck performance mod. I highly recommend Unitronic, ive had APR before and im way happier with UNI more powerful better overall feel and just as smooth.

Also of you plan to get tune you should upgrade your Diverter valve the best one available price vs performance is the AWE DV. Some say to use the oem rev D but its junk they leak boost due to the poor seal they make. I got the AWE Dv from "ESE Tuning"

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-06-2012 03:17 AM #9
      A complete set of projectors with all associated hardware will run for 1.5-2k, depending on where you look. You can source the parts separately on ebay but it'll still be around the 1k range.

As for LEDs, there are a few aftermarket options. Achtuning Korea makes a good set that replaces the stock turn signals with LED DRLs and turn indicators but is pricy at about $400. There are others that can be found on ebay for less that some of us (including me) are experimenting with.

Exhaust is more of a subjective taste thing. I haven't personally heard anything that really made me go wow yet but maybe one of them will impress you. Just do a search on youtube and you'll find videos for all the major ones.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      10-06-2012 09:40 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
      Like above said just a downpipe is good for power if you want a change in the sound catback. I love the way my Billy boat catback sounds not too loud but when u get one it she puts off a nice note

As for tuning its the best bang for you buck performance mod. I highly recommend Unitronic, ive had APR before and im way happier with UNI more powerful better overall feel and just as smooth.

Also of you plan to get tune you should upgrade your Diverter valve the best one available price vs performance is the AWE DV. Some say to use the oem rev D but its junk they leak boost due to the poor seal they make. I got the AWE Dv from "ESE Tuning"

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
      Wat kind of downpipe are you runnin? by any chance you got video clip of ur exhaust sound? Im still debating abt CBE...way to picky

so ur suggesting swapping DV as soon as possible or only if u get tuned? Easy swap?

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      10-06-2012 12:48 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      Wat kind of downpipe are you runnin? by any chance you got video clip of ur exhaust sound? Im still debating abt CBE...way to picky

so ur suggesting swapping DV as soon as possible or only if u get tuned? Easy swap?
      Sooner rather then latter, a dv can fail under stock psi depending on your driving style and that way when u have it done you're set for tuning.

For a video do a search for a "APR stage 2 passat" (back in the dark days whem i had APR ) on youtube i did a little video for people. Sound quality isnt the best and it definitely doesnt to the catback justice but gives you an idea.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport
      10-06-2012 01:06 PM #12
      I have a 2013 sport plus. I have a USP catless downpipe, stage 1 & 2 intake, turbo outlet pipe & Hi flo air charge pipe.

Waiting to get the tune and throw it all on the same day.

I need a DV also.

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      10-07-2012 04:17 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by RAMDUDE View Post
      I need a DV also.
      Actually you don't

The 2013's have the "upgraded" electronic piston style DV already
      '13 Tiguan S
      '13 Tiguan SE