Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 102

    Thread: ppt billet 72ar stroker build

    1. Member Rumpelstilzchen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2009
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      398
      Vehicles
      04.5 cooking ladle
      10-05-2012 08:45 PM #1
      Hey everyone this build has been going on for sometime, what was supposed to be a simple drop in rod build with the minimum has snowballed into what you see before you

      the turbo kit finally arrived last week with some other things and the machine shop has the majority of everything at the moment and should be getting everything back in a little.

      I want to thank my friend pat for his help/guidance and overall direction of this build.

      here is the list of everything:


      Mods:
      42dd pillar gauge pods
      Zeitronix boost gauge
      Zeitronix Wideband
      Zeitronix egt
      Zeitronix oil pressure gauge
      Zeitronix DashDAQ
      Pagparts SS Vbanded turbo kit
      Rerouted wastegate dump
      Tial MVS 38mm wastegate
      Pagparts downpipe
      Race catalytic converter
      Garrett gt3071
      pagparts 72ar housing
      pagparts new 71bb billet wheel
      Pagparts FMIC routed for SEM manifold
      Tial Q 50mm BOV
      Milltek 2.5 catback
      FSI forged crank
      Oil pump gear for crank
      JE 9.5:1 83.5mm stroker pistons
      IE rifledrilled connecting rods
      Calico rod bearings
      Calico main bearings
      New thrust bearings
      New cam chain
      New cam chain tensioner
      New oil pump
      New oil pump chain
      New oil pump chain tensioner
      Gates racing timing belt
      IE manual timing tensioner kit
      Full supertech valvetrain:
      Inconel single groove intake valves
      Single groove exhaust valves
      Spring/Titanium retainer set
      valve guides
      New OEM lifters
      SEM bigport intake manifold
      034 motorsports phenolic spacer
      75mm throttle body
      INA throttle body adapter plate
      Gruven parts billet dipstick and funnel
      Quaife LSD with install kit
      Clutchmasters fx400 6puck with steel flywheel
      Radium catchcan
      Unitronic or Eurodyne software
      Id 1000cc @4bar injectors
      83.5mm overbore gasket
      Bosch 044 fuel pump
      IE surge tank
      Fluidampr crank pulley
      ARP crank bolt
      ARP hardware throughout
      Autotech polished fuel rail
      Elring gasket kit
      New front/rear seals
      BFI assembled motor mounts and dogbone mount
      IE dowel kit
      IE IECVA3 intake cam
      USP steel shift forks
      FFE positive engagement shifter bushings
      Genesis under hood fuel pump wiring harness
      Driveshaft shop axles
      42dd shifter bushings



      I do not have pictures of everything, and I'm sure I forgot some parts in the list oh well

      On to some pictures!!

















































      Any questions I'll try to answer the best that I can, and any guidance or help along the way will be greatly appreciated!!
      Last edited by Rumpelstilzchen; 05-13-2014 at 02:57 PM.

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2010
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      716
      Vehicles
      2011 335i
      10-05-2012 09:09 PM #2
      Looks like an amazing build, and really nice looking car man. Will be following this.
      Thanks to denial, my car is immortal!

    3. Member All_Euro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2008
      Location
      Calgary, AB
      Posts
      788
      Vehicles
      05' VW GLI
      10-05-2012 10:28 PM #3
      on the 83.5 bore.
      KO3 @ 30psi...
      Floor Pan Swap

    4. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,576
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      10-05-2012 10:53 PM #4
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    5. Member Dave926's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2005
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      5,353
      Vehicles
      1989 Helios GLI 1997 Mk3 ****box
      10-05-2012 11:28 PM #5
      No ****ing around with a parts list like that

    6. Forum Sponsor Gonzo@GTS Performance's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2011
      Posts
      2,243
      Vehicles
      83 Rabbit TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI BT, 88 Cabby TDI BT
      10-05-2012 11:50 PM #6
      Gonzo - Team Leader @ GONZOTUNING.com - Facebook! - 1-888-853-9703
      The Most Advanced Performance Software and Hardware for your VW/Audi - 1.8T, TDI, VR6, R32, 2.0T, TSI, TFSI, 2.7T
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post
      removal of the FrankenTurbo's actuator and replacement with a third-party's hardware voids the turbocharger's 2-year "warranty" [sic]

    7. Member DUBBED-OUT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2008
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      1,532
      Vehicles
      01 GTi 20v BT, 03 B6 V6
      10-06-2012 12:05 AM #7
      It seem like you copied wish list...

      NICEEE!

    8. Member David_Tedder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2005
      Location
      Tdot/Barrie
      Posts
      3,085
      Vehicles
      MKIV AWP, 08 TL-S 6MT
      10-06-2012 12:39 AM #8
      just like tom said to me , "blowing money fast!"

      great choice on parts all round pal

      its going to turn out real nice
      My Build: 1.8L AWP PPT GT3071r Billet Wheel Tial Vband/8:1 Mahle Pistons/Arp Mains/IE H-Beam Rods/ACL coated Bearings Mains & Rods/ARP Everything/Fluidamper/IE Manual Timing Kit with Gates Belt/AEB head/Supertech Intake/Supertech coated Exhaust/Supertech Spring & Retainer kit/IE CVA1 Cams/IE Cam Gear/SEM Mani/Hemi TB/EV14 1000cc/ CM FX400
      PAG PARTS

    9. Member l88m22vette's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2006
      Location
      Chicagoland, IL
      Posts
      13,350
      Vehicles
      2003 TTq coupe, 2001 Forester L
      10-06-2012 12:54 AM #9
      More clutch info please! As for entire project:



      Audi TT mk1 FAQ zero Porsche wheels given

      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

    10. 10-06-2012 01:17 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by All_Euro View Post
      on the 83.5 bore.
      Holy****... i had to read that twice....

      Someone is confident on German metal enough to go with paper thin cyl walls... Good on ya
      Canadian Immo 2 and 3 defeat service, PM for more information.

    11. Member Vegeta Gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2003
      Location
      konoha village, hawaii
      Posts
      17,584
      Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '13 335is, '85 Golf, '12 48 sportster xl1200
      10-06-2012 01:34 AM #11
      love my fx400

      make sure to do a good thorough break in on everything. i did motor build, diff, clutch, etc all at once. very specific break in procedure and it was perfect.

      happy building

      Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.
      GTS Dealer.MK1forLife

    12. Member 01ttgt28's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2009
      Location
      dartmouth ma
      Posts
      1,387
      Vehicles
      audi tt gt3076r 01 aston martin db7 04 land rover disco 99rolls royce seraph
      10-06-2012 01:41 AM #12
      I love builds
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-done-I-guess
      ^^^Big Turbo build lots of pics^^^
      Best shop for repair and custom workin ma
      http://www.wentworthmotorsports.com/

    13. 10-06-2012 06:22 PM #13
      I need this in a B5 Avant! Definitely going with Arnold for an Audi build once my GTI is sold or parted out.

      Looking forward to seeing updates on how that turbo does.
      MK4 Junker : PAG 50trim Kit : AEB : RMR : Eurodyne
      P.P.T. - Pag Parts Turbo
      B6 A4 : Slow

    14. Member Rumpelstilzchen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2009
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      398
      Vehicles
      04.5 cooking ladle
      10-06-2012 11:13 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Weehe View Post
      Looks like an amazing build, and really nice looking car man. Will be following this.
      I appreciate that, it has been a lot of work

      Quote Originally Posted by All_Euro View Post
      on the 83.5 bore.


      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post


      Quote Originally Posted by Dave926 View Post
      No ****ing around with a parts list like that
      , I have tried to think of everything

      Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo@GonzoTuning View Post

      Quote Originally Posted by DUBBED-OUT View Post
      It seem like you copied wish list...

      NICEEE!
      Thank you

      Quote Originally Posted by David_Tedder View Post
      just like tom said to me , "blowing money fast!"

      great choice on parts all round pal

      its going to turn out real nice
      yeah I definately broke my initial budget, hopefully the outcome is amazing

      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      More clutch info please! As for entire project:



      great pic, honestly I have never had an fx400, I purchased it after research and reading reviews...I will write a review after the break in and let you know how it goes

      Quote Originally Posted by AmIdYfReAk View Post
      Holy****... i had to read that twice....

      Someone is confident on German metal enough to go with paper thin cyl walls... Good on ya
      hopefully that desicion does not come back to haunt me

      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      love my fx400

      make sure to do a good thorough break in on everything. i did motor build, diff, clutch, etc all at once. very specific break in procedure and it was perfect.

      happy building

      Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
      actually if you do not mind giving me a little info on this I would appreciate it, I am aware of normal break in procedures, but figured adding my dif and clutch break in into the mix at the same time complicates the process

      Quote Originally Posted by 01ttgt28 View Post
      I love builds


      Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
      I need this in a B5 Avant! Definitely going with Arnold for an Audi build once my GTI is sold or parted out.

      Looking forward to seeing updates on how that turbo does.
      I am more than pleased with the quality of the parts I recieved from him and am very excited to see how his new billet wheel performs

    15. Forum Sponsor Gonzo@GTS Performance's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2011
      Posts
      2,243
      Vehicles
      83 Rabbit TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI BT, 88 Cabby TDI BT
      10-06-2012 11:22 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Rumpelstilzchen View Post
      honestly I have never had an fx400, I purchased it after research and reading reviews...I will write a review after the break in and let you know how it goes
      Did you get the street version? I have a local guy running a GTX3071R on it with my tune and 30psi and it works great. It actually feels very stock like, too. I love it.
      Gonzo - Team Leader @ GONZOTUNING.com - Facebook! - 1-888-853-9703
      The Most Advanced Performance Software and Hardware for your VW/Audi - 1.8T, TDI, VR6, R32, 2.0T, TSI, TFSI, 2.7T
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post
      removal of the FrankenTurbo's actuator and replacement with a third-party's hardware voids the turbocharger's 2-year "warranty" [sic]

    16. Member Gulfstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2010
      Location
      Gøteborg, Sweden
      Posts
      1,660
      Vehicles
      Mitsubishi Pajero DI-D, Seat Leon Cupra R, Camaro Z28, Beretta GT, Volvo 240
      10-07-2012 08:42 AM #16
      I have FX400 6 puck as well and honestly can't fail it. Couldn't be happier
      Leon Cupra R AWD 2008cc E85, PPT5935R 0.82ar, IE rods, Mahle 83mm 9.5:1CR, Catcam 3651, Ferrea valves, Supertech valvetrain, Calico Bearings, Fluidampr, ARP everything, PPT's ss EX mani, SEM bigport 80mm TB, Walbro E85 450LPH, Bosch Racing 1600cc, Eurodyne, PPT's 550 FMIC, Setrab 13row oil cooler, 42DD catch can, 100cell cat, Hallmans MBC, Forge Supersize DV, FX400, Peloquin F/R, CRC Haldex Controller

    17. Member T-Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2003
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      6,959
      10-07-2012 01:19 PM #17
      Nice build...can't wait to see the outcome.
      APR Stage 3071R+

    18. Member Rumpelstilzchen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2009
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      398
      Vehicles
      04.5 cooking ladle
      10-09-2012 09:03 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo@GonzoTuning View Post
      Did you get the street version? I have a local guy running a GTX3071R on it with my tune and 30psi and it works great. It actually feels very stock like, too. I love it.
      30psi! that has got to be a fun car, that is what i had been reading that it should have a somewhat stock feel...Iam assuming when you ask street version you mean 6 or 4 puck, so I would say yes I have the street version with the 6 puck

      Quote Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
      I have FX400 6 puck as well and honestly can't fail it. Couldn't be happier
      that is good to hear, I had been reading a bunch of the reviews and that was the general theme thanks for the added input it is added peace of mind

      Quote Originally Posted by T-Boy View Post
      Nice build...can't wait to see the outcome.
      you and me both

    19. Forum Sponsor Gonzo@GTS Performance's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2011
      Posts
      2,243
      Vehicles
      83 Rabbit TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI BT, 88 Cabby TDI BT
      10-12-2012 09:59 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Rumpelstilzchen View Post
      30psi! that has got to be a fun car, that is what i had been reading that it should have a somewhat stock feel...Iam assuming when you ask street version you mean 6 or 4 puck, so I would say yes I have the street version with the 6 puck
      Yes its the 6 puck version. Its really great.
      Its a fun turbo but you outgrow it quick (depending on who you talk to).
      Gonzo - Team Leader @ GONZOTUNING.com - Facebook! - 1-888-853-9703
      The Most Advanced Performance Software and Hardware for your VW/Audi - 1.8T, TDI, VR6, R32, 2.0T, TSI, TFSI, 2.7T
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post
      removal of the FrankenTurbo's actuator and replacement with a third-party's hardware voids the turbocharger's 2-year "warranty" [sic]

    20. Senior Member 87vr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2002
      Location
      West coast, of Okinawa (^^)
      Posts
      25,206
      Vehicles
      AWD BT 20TH and EVO VII RS
      10-13-2012 03:35 AM #20
      Pretty close to my build, except I have the .72 GTX3076... Check it out in my link...

      And I love driving that FX400 in my 20th

    21. Member rains's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2008
      Location
      Sherwood Park
      Posts
      1,095
      Vehicles
      1995 Saturn SW1
      10-15-2012 01:25 AM #21
      watching this thread
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      This thread is now about car cakes.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Things I learned today: You don't have to pass grade 12 English to Manage a Honda dealership.

    22. Member Rumpelstilzchen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2009
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      398
      Vehicles
      04.5 cooking ladle
      10-28-2012 01:54 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo@GonzoTuning View Post
      Yes its the 6 puck version. Its really great.
      Its a fun turbo but you outgrow it quick (depending on who you talk to).
      outgrow!? hopefully that does not happen to me, at least for awhile

      Quote Originally Posted by 87vr6 View Post
      Pretty close to my build, except I have the .72 GTX3076... Check it out in my link...

      And I love driving that FX400 in my 20th
      haha, that is awesome, they are very similar except a few things...although that pallet that you had shipped in makes a huge difference between the two

      Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
      watching this thread



      Still waiting for the machine shop to finish my block/head, I will be going in on Monday to hopefully get some good news that it is near completion...

      Got my big port phenolic spacer as well as the tb adapter plate thanks to INA





      also received my 42dd pillar pod



      and my aem gauge


    23. Senior Member 87vr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2002
      Location
      West coast, of Okinawa (^^)
      Posts
      25,206
      Vehicles
      AWD BT 20TH and EVO VII RS
      10-28-2012 05:39 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Rumpelstilzchen View Post
      haha, that is awesome, they are very similar except a few things...although that pallet that you had shipped in makes a huge difference between the two
      Yes it does, doesn't it?? Well, there, it's a very welcome difference. Looking forward to seeing yours progress.

    24. 10-28-2012 05:47 AM #24
      I'm wondering why your Manifold has my last name on it? ROFL

      interestingly enough I just got my 72ar GT3071r and new head on and in my car, buttoning everything up tomorrow then doing some PVC mock up for my new hot side piping then I'll be ordering up some pipe bends and couplers to finally get this damn thing running!

      Looks good so far! Very interested to see how the billet wheel works with the 72 ar! I unfortunately just got a regular wheel as I couldn't spring for both the 72ar and the wheel

    25. Member Rumpelstilzchen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2009
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      398
      Vehicles
      04.5 cooking ladle
      10-29-2012 11:08 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by 87vr6 View Post
      Yes it does, doesn't it?? Well, there, it's a very welcome difference. Looking forward to seeing yours progress.
      Yes, and I shall be looking forward to your conversion

      Quote Originally Posted by Cryser View Post
      I'm wondering why your Manifold has my last name on it? ROFL

      interestingly enough I just got my 72ar GT3071r and new head on and in my car, buttoning everything up tomorrow then doing some PVC mock up for my new hot side piping then I'll be ordering up some pipe bends and couplers to finally get this damn thing running!

      Looks good so far! Very interested to see how the billet wheel works with the 72 ar! I unfortunately just got a regular wheel as I couldn't spring for both the 72ar and the wheel
      I coud not find a build thread on your setup...what are your specs? as for the manifold I have no idea, I guess I stole your manifold

    26. 10-30-2012 12:23 AM #26
      I don't have a build thread, Im horrible at taking pictures mid project. Once I jump into something and the gears start turning in my head I just keep going. Hell people have to remind me to eat when I'm working on cars or especially tuning I just lose track of time

      2.0 Stroker from Arnold
      Balanced rods and pistons to within 0.5 gram of each other
      Blueprinted the block, decked the block
      Cnc ported the block for the 83mm pistons
      Balanced AEG crank to within 0.1 gram on both sides
      Fluidampr w/ IE crank bolt
      Coated calico bearings for rods and crank
      Full ARP hardware all around the block
      IE stroker headgasket
      Blueprinted AEB head decked the head
      Shimmed valves where needed with supertech .030 shims from IE
      Supertech valve train, valves, springs(dual exhaust springs, single intake) Ti retainers,
      Recut all the valve seats with a 3angle + radius cutter
      Deshrouded all the valves, vacuum tested to all hold at least 18inHG
      Port matched the Exhaust ports
      Stock lifters and Cams
      IE manual tensioner
      Gates kevlar timing belt
      I have an adjustable cat cams cam gear but I didn't like the tiny bent roller pin they try to pass off as a keyway so I am using the stock cam gear

      PagParts 71R V-Banded kit with .72 AR housing, cast wheel
      S4 MAF once I have the money for it
      550cc injectors @ 4bar static fuel pressure
      APR in tank Fuel pump feeding a bosch 044 inline pump
      All self tuned on Maestro

      My community college has a blueprinting and machining class where I learned to do all work and performed all the work myself, kinda snowballed in all the listed after I opened up the engine and realized how much better parts you can get for "just a little more"
      Last edited by Cryser; 10-30-2012 at 12:25 AM.

    27. Member Rumpelstilzchen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2009
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      398
      Vehicles
      04.5 cooking ladle
      11-01-2012 12:18 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Cryser View Post
      I don't have a build thread, Im horrible at taking pictures mid project. Once I jump into something and the gears start turning in my head I just keep going. Hell people have to remind me to eat when I'm working on cars or especially tuning I just lose track of time
      ............
      That is a fantastic spec list, it really is a shame you did not make a build thread for that! Our builds are similar it will be interesting to see what the billet vs. cast wheel shows, what intake mani are you planning on running? it seems you and I are planning on the same injectors at 4bar do you have the EV14 as well? I'm still debating if I should make the jump to 8xx cc or stay with these, I am just unsure whether they will be enough or not

    28. Member 04 GLI Luva's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2007
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      2,227
      11-01-2012 12:38 AM #28
      Static fuel pressure interesting
      MK4 Double Pumper
      Corn fed...BT...girl's car

    29. 11-01-2012 03:14 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Rumpelstilzchen View Post
      That is a fantastic spec list, it really is a shame you did not make a build thread for that! Our builds are similar it will be interesting to see what the billet vs. cast wheel shows, what intake mani are you planning on running? it seems you and I are planning on the same injectors at 4bar do you have the EV14 as well? I'm still debating if I should make the jump to 8xx cc or stay with these, I am just unsure whether they will be enough or not
      Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna be RIGHT on the line with the 550cc might have to go up to the new Genesis II 630cc @ 4bar or see about reworking the stock fuel lines to handle 5bar. yeah EV14's for me and for intake manifold I'm running stock right now, going to most likely a driver side big port one in the future. Probably a 034 or IE one, depends on funds and such

      Quote Originally Posted by 04 GLI Luva View Post
      Static fuel pressure interesting
      by static I meant a base pressure, it will be rising with boost as normal

    30. Moderator groggory's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Long Beach, CA
      Posts
      12,425
      Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      11-01-2012 02:45 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Cryser View Post
      Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna be RIGHT on the line with the 550cc might have to go up to the new Genesis II 630cc @ 4bar or see about reworking the stock fuel lines to handle 5bar. yeah EV14's for me and for intake manifold I'm running stock right now, going to most likely a driver side big port one in the future. Probably a 034 or IE one, depends on funds and such



      by static I meant a base pressure, it will be rising with boost as normal
      What do you mean tweak the stock lines to handle 4 BAR base pressure? That's no big deal. I think you're set to go!
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

      Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

    31. 11-01-2012 03:22 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      What do you mean tweak the stock lines to handle 4 BAR base pressure? That's no big deal. I think you're set to go!
      yeah 4 bar is fine, but I remember talking to scott from USRT about running 5 bar stock pressure and him saying something about the stock lines because restrictive at that pressure + 25 PSi of boost, gotta see if I still have the E-mail

    32. Member BR_337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2011
      Location
      ATL ,GA
      Posts
      1,076
      Vehicles
      91 Mk2 /337 engine/6 spd
      11-01-2012 06:40 PM #32
      watching
      91 Mk2 TRACKTOY ----> 1.8T (Awp) /" 6 speed (O2M)" Holset HX27w Turbo / Stainless Log manifold / Tial WG / TurboSmart/630cc / 034 / Aeromotive / Wavetrac LSD/ CM fx400 /USP steel shift forks / Kirk Rollcage /Wilwood 4 Pot Calipers /T4 Van Master Cly/ Tuned BY REY (elRey )

    33. Moderator groggory's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Long Beach, CA
      Posts
      12,425
      Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      11-01-2012 06:48 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Cryser View Post
      yeah 4 bar is fine, but I remember talking to scott from USRT about running 5 bar stock pressure and him saying something about the stock lines because restrictive at that pressure + 25 PSi of boost, gotta see if I still have the E-mail
      I was talking to the guy at my local speed shop about this and I don't see you running into a flow problem. The stock lines are equivalent to -5AN, which can flow just fine. However, I'm wondering if running these high fuel pressures are safe on the type of connections.

      5 BAR = 72.5 PSI
      Then let's say you're tossing in 30 pounds of boost...that brings us to 102.5 PSI
      Then let's say you have 5 PSI of losses in the stock lines... that brings us up to 107.5 PSI fuel pressure. That's 7.4 BAR fuel pressure.

      That's a lot of pressure!!

      I don't think I would trust the factory Bundy clamps at those pressures.
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

      Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

    34. Member Gulfstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2010
      Location
      Gøteborg, Sweden
      Posts
      1,660
      Vehicles
      Mitsubishi Pajero DI-D, Seat Leon Cupra R, Camaro Z28, Beretta GT, Volvo 240
      11-09-2012 03:51 AM #34
      Also look at your fuel pump flow at 7 bar. Thats why I stick with 3 bar base pressure and up injector size instead.

      Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
      Leon Cupra R AWD 2008cc E85, PPT5935R 0.82ar, IE rods, Mahle 83mm 9.5:1CR, Catcam 3651, Ferrea valves, Supertech valvetrain, Calico Bearings, Fluidampr, ARP everything, PPT's ss EX mani, SEM bigport 80mm TB, Walbro E85 450LPH, Bosch Racing 1600cc, Eurodyne, PPT's 550 FMIC, Setrab 13row oil cooler, 42DD catch can, 100cell cat, Hallmans MBC, Forge Supersize DV, FX400, Peloquin F/R, CRC Haldex Controller

    35. Forum Sponsor AL@PagParts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2008
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      2,457
      Vehicles
      07 AUDI 2.0T 07 VW GTI
      11-09-2012 10:03 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
      Also look at your fuel pump flow at 7 bar. Thats why I stick with 3 bar base pressure and up injector size instead.

      Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
      Pag Parts
      Turbocharger Systems, OEM Parts / Fabrication
      Garrett / PTE / BW / TiAL / Clutchmasters / Southbend / Brute Con Rods / Wiseco / CP Pistons / Supertech / Ferrea / CatCams / Walbro / EV14 Injectors / Eurodyne Software / Much More... Pag Parts Facebook

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •