Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Yes Yes YEsssss

Vehicles
      2013 Passat SEL Premium/2012 Jetta SE (Both Candy White/Black
      10-05-2012 08:58 PM #1
      Further to my comments below & my emails to both VWoA & Germany Corporate Offices,
      I received a phone call from a VP...her remarks after I told her the saga of my 2012 Passat SE.........."Unbelievable"... I was told to expect a phone call early next week after VWoA have fully investigated the dealership & the warranty work carried out..
      Compensation+ is definitely on the table..............Watch This Space

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall I think wind, tire & other misc noises are more from a cost cutting design added to by poor QC at both the plant & dealerships (not all)...
      My Passat is barely 3months with only 2400 on the clock..The workmanship at the d/ship is abysmal (monkeys)
      Some 10 visits in all -- 2 visits to cure an issue..The 2nd visit to redo the job & clean up after!!
      The Passat brings back memories of the old Lotus's & Caterhams:- everyday another x!**!!
      I have just sent emails to VWoA & Germany Corp listing All the issues on my Passat. I await replies..
      VWoA expect me to make a 100+miles round trip to let another VW dealer inspect my car..
      After that they MAY authorize a loaner & offer some compensation..I asked for the details in writing..Sorry:- VWoA say they NO WAY...........
      VWoA may have a winner but the future will not be so bright after the myriad of design & QC faults fall upon the new owners shoulders..........
      El Jay..
      Previously Owned:- Far too many'
      And ONE too many from
      MercedVolkswagen

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI; 2014 Passat TDI SEL
      10-05-2012 10:31 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by 5potguy View Post
      Further to my comments below & my emails to both VWoA & Germany Corporate Offices,
      I received a phone call from a VP...her remarks after I told her the saga of my 2012 Passat SE.........."Unbelievable"... I was told to expect a phone call early next week after VWoA have fully investigated the dealership & the warranty work carried out..
      Compensation+ is definitely on the table..............Watch This Space

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall I think wind, tire & other misc noises are more from a cost cutting design added to by poor QC at both the plant & dealerships (not all)...
      My Passat is barely 3months with only 2400 on the clock..The workmanship at the d/ship is abysmal (monkeys)
      Some 10 visits in all -- 2 visits to cure an issue..The 2nd visit to redo the job & clean up after!!
      The Passat brings back memories of the old Lotus's & Caterhams:- everyday another x!**!!
      I have just sent emails to VWoA & Germany Corp listing All the issues on my Passat. I await replies..
      VWoA expect me to make a 100+miles round trip to let another VW dealer inspect my car..
      After that they MAY authorize a loaner & offer some compensation..I asked for the details in writing..Sorry:- VWoA say they NO WAY...........
      VWoA may have a winner but the future will not be so bright after the myriad of design & QC faults fall upon the new owners shoulders..........
      Sorry for your troubles. Based on what I've read here, and at TDIClub, thankfully your issues are the exception to the rule.
      I hope VWoA steps up and takes care of you.
      2009 JSW TDI
      2014 Passat TDI-SEL

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 10:10 PM #3
      VWoA called..they are paying a months payment, another dealer is involved in inspecting the vehicle & I may well get a NEW car........
      El Jay..
      And ONE too many from
      MercedVolkswagen

Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat TDI SEL, 2010 VW Jetta TDI
      10-09-2012 12:32 PM #4
      OMG! With all of the posts I've seen going in the opposite direction, it's nice to see one where VWOA is stepping in and doing something positive.

Vehicles
      10-09-2012 12:42 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MUG318 View Post
      OMG! With all of the posts I've seen going in the opposite direction, it's nice to see one where VWOA is stepping in and doing something positive.
      Well I did some investigations & found the email address's of 4 VP's whom I emailed @ VWoA
      Plus an email to VW Corporate Germany... I kno' for a fact that phones and ears where ringing'

I'm at CentralValley VW (Modesto) to-morro..with my list & promised a decent loaner
      The original dealership VW Merced are best avoided like a dose of the POXXXX
      El Jay..
      And ONE too many from
      MercedVolkswagen

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Touareg VR6 Sport. 2012 Passat TDI SEL
      10-09-2012 01:48 PM #6
      At least the original dealership didn't have you arrested!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/09/...ar-dealership/

lol...

Vehicles
      10-12-2012 09:06 AM #7
      I had a phone call today from a collar & tie guy at VW Merced..Trying to build bridges & understand the full Saga"'
      It was a pleasant chat ..I pulled no punches and told him quite clearly, I doubt VW Merced would ever touch any of my vehicles again.. I also pointed out that when I get the vehicle back from Central Valley VW should I have any further issues apart from any very minor oddsNends I will be asking VW for a buy back & a Brand New replacement.
      Overall VW Merced rate 4/10 on Workmanship, QC & Efficiency...
      15/10 For BS..Oh those stories
      VW themselves must take some blame for the poor QC ex Plant & VW Merced for the rest of the Saga/QC issues.................
      I await a call from Central Valley VW ... my loaner is an Altima""
      The Passat is years ahead on all counts...........Hurry Up Central Valley..And may I say what excellent customer service they offer..if their workmanship & QC are as high as they say I'm in for a real VW motoring experience..
      El Jay..
      And ONE too many from
      MercedVolkswagen

Vehicles
      12' gti w/DSG, 13 Touareg TDI Lux
      10-15-2012 12:59 AM #8
      So what is this for? No history on what happened just a bunch of comments about vw and you possibly getting a new car.

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 02:33 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by yoffer View Post
      So what is this for? No history on what happened just a bunch of comments about vw and you possibly getting a new car.
      Issues:- Steering Vibration,
      Drivers Door/window required rebuild. Air Bag Module,
      Navigation Incorrect Readings, Fuel Gauge giving
      Incorrect readings. Sunroof & Slider vibrating and
      noisy activation, Trunk will not open with
      External button, Keyfobs showing Low Battery on
      MFi readout even after new fib batteries fitted,
      Passengers door seal damaged.
      Initially VERY Poor PDi & Presentation.
      The initial dealers QC and workmanship was
      Non existant. Lots of BS and about it being a VW!!
      and therefore it's idiosyncratic!!!.....
      El Jay..
      And ONE too many from
      MercedVolkswagen

10. 10-16-2012 03:19 PM #10
      I can feel a little bit of your pain... new trans at 800 miles and still have a shaky tach/speedometer that the dealership says is 'normal for 2013'. Sadly I have to use the digital speedometer just to make sure I'm going the correct speed since the analog is a best guess due to inconsistencies.

Does the new trans still thunk a little bit? Sure... but not nearly as bad. I'm chalking it up to an awkward feature of shifting in and out of gear, as the tech explained it to me, to 'save itself from overheating'.

Oh well.. you win some you lose some... at least overall the car is still better built than any Chevy I've ever owned.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '07 Passat 3.6 4mo wagon; '05 GLS 4mo wagon
      10-16-2012 03:29 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by 5potguy View Post
      Issues:- Steering Vibration,
      Drivers Door/window required rebuild. Air Bag Module,
      Navigation Incorrect Readings, Fuel Gauge giving
      Incorrect readings. Sunroof & Slider vibrating and
      noisy activation, Trunk will not open with
      External button, Keyfobs showing Low Battery on
      MFi readout even after new fib batteries fitted,
      Passengers door seal damaged.
      Initially VERY Poor PDi & Presentation.
      The initial dealers QC and workmanship was
      Non existant. Lots of BS and about it being a VW!!
      and therefore it's idiosyncratic!!!.....
      Man that's a hell of a list! Could there have been a change or oversight on the production line that resulted in these issues? (rhetorical question) To me, thats a lot of quality issues to chalk up to bad luck or coincidence.

Hope to hear you get things resolved and that the new dealership does it well the first time.

Vehicles
      10-18-2012 02:45 PM #12
      Hi All,
      picked up the B7 from CentralValleyVW.. All the issues had been addressed, Top marks for vehicle presentation..(looks & feels like a new vehicle)
      I had hoped to take to-day to take a long drive but sadly I got called into work..
      Re:- the fuel gauge "Not Full" issue. I had to take the vehicle & pay for a fuel fill-up!! after the pump auto stopped I added another gallon in total 16.400gallons..gauge leapt up to Full..
      Fingers crossed the B7 will now perform as per My & VW's hopes & wishes..
      El Jay..
      And ONE too many from
      MercedVolkswagen