Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Apr stage 2 noise at high rpm

Vehicles
      CW MK6 GTI Autobahn K04
      10-05-2012 10:39 PM #1
      I've just been getting hard on the car after the tune and I notice that when ever I punch it hard I hear a noise from the passenger side like the wheel is spinning but its not. Kind of like a chatter or vibration but it gets louder as the rpms go higher. I thought the turbo inhaled a rock but it only sounds like that when the car is floored. The only thing I can think of is maybe the dp is rattling on something. Any thoughts from stage 2 guys?

Vehicles
      CW MK6 GTI Autobahn K04
      10-05-2012 10:40 PM #2
      No cels, boost pressure is normal

3. 10-06-2012 01:04 AM #3
      DV I would think. Doesn't throw a code as far as I know and it would get louder at higher RPM as boost increases.

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      10-06-2012 01:39 AM #4
      could it be the sound of the turbo spooling?

also you have a boost gauge to know boost levels are correct?

Shoot a vid and that can help us out a little bit
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      CW MK6 GTI Autobahn K04
      10-06-2012 09:31 AM #5
      Before I got tune I went rev d ill shoot a video later

Vehicles
      CW MK6 GTI Autobahn K04
      10-07-2012 11:01 AM #6
      So while driving home I herd something break. When I got home I opened the hood the engine looked lopsided. And now the car drives with a strong vibration. I'm thinking I broke an engine mount

Vehicles
      CW MK6 GTI Autobahn K04
      10-11-2012 12:07 AM #7
      so this was the sound that i recorded and was going to ask for your guys imput before it broke. the first run was not under heavy acceleration. the second run is heavy acceleration . notice the difference

http://s77.beta.photobucket.com/user...65b9b.mp4.html

Photobucket

Photobucket
      Last edited by butternuts6mt; 10-11-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      10-11-2012 12:30 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by butternuts6mt View Post
      so this was the sound that i recorded and was going to ask for your guys imput before it broke. the first run was not under heavy acceleration. the second run is heavy acceleration . notice the difference

http://s77.beta.photobucket.com/user...65b9b.mp4.html

Photobucket

Photobucket
      the videos are set to private

second you motor mount has failed you need to replace it ASAP!!

I recommend upgrading it using a BFI Stage 1 or 2 motor mount (personally i like the stage 2's)

3rd the boost line you have running into the car looks like it has melted, you may want to get a better quality hose bc the melted line im sure is effecting boost numbers shown on the boost gauge.

4th give that engine bay some love and give her a bath lol
      Last edited by Bill6211789; 10-11-2012 at 12:33 AM.
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      CW MK6 GTI Autobahn K04
      10-11-2012 01:05 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
      the videos are set to private

second you motor mount has failed you need to replace it ASAP!!

I recommend upgrading it using a BFI Stage 1 or 2 motor mount (personally i like the stage 2's)

3rd the boost line you have running into the car looks like it has melted, you may want to get a better quality hose bc the melted line im sure is effecting boost numbers shown on the boost gauge.

4th give that engine bay some love and give her a bath lol
      should be able to see video now. engine mount didnt fail. engine bracket that the engine mount connects to failed. where it bolts into where the timing belt is, one bolt came out and the other two as a result of being hard on the engine gave way and snapped inside. apparently my local VW didnt tighten the bolts all the way when i had my timing belt done but since i can not prove this it is not worth a law suit. my mechanic is currently drilling out the broken bolts and also replacing the newer timing belt because it was damaged in the fall. i will check that vacuum line tomorrow to see if it is melted. i do not think it is but good looks. i was boosting at 18 at high rpm and in 6th gear all the way up to 22 or 23psi. yes i know the engine bay needs cleaning. what do you recommend i do this with ?