Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: They complain about us at H2Oi, so what is in OC for the muscle weekend

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      10-11-2012 10:39 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by DIE TRYING View Post
      I've gone to cruising week almost as long as I've been going to h2o and I may be going to it instead. The "old people" do spend money, especially in the establishments that allow them to use their lot. that's why hooters kicked the vw kids out but embrace the bikes and hotrod guys.

in Maryland we have street rod registration for modified vehicles. it needs headlights, tail lights nd brake lights and that's it. that outlaw probably has street rod tags.

Fact is OC sees h2o as a bunch of disresctful punks invading their town, and the hot rodders as their peers, and most vw owners don't give them a reason to think otherwise.

the show doesn't need to change, all your elitist attitudes do.
      This.

10-11-2012 12:22 PM #107
      I had fun at Cruisin/Muscle Car weekend... no problems with cops even though we deserved it.

Some people I know got pulled over for racing/burnouts but they got a warning. Other cops just sat and watched making sure nobody did anything too dumb. Cops actually tolerated a lot as there was tons of racing, burnouts, drinking in parking lots, etc...

Cops were after trucks though, goodness I saw like 50 trucks pulled over.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1986 MB 560SL
      10-11-2012 01:24 PM #108
      probably because that crowd doesn't actively hate on the cops in front of their faces. When it comes down to it, this "scene" as a whole is incredibly immature and deserves the reputation it gets.
      Jason
      flickr

Vehicles
      1985 Motor Trend Car of the Year
      10-11-2012 02:36 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by euro mafia affiliate View Post
      You can blame Cort for Ocean Downs no longer wanting to hold the show.
      Really? That's why they had it for two years after that incident, right?

Vehicles
      black blob
      10-11-2012 02:56 PM #110
      I thought it was 3 years after?

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 04:25 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      I thought it was 3 years after?
      You are correct. I didn't go the following year, so i forget to count that one.

7. Banned
      Vehicles
      Apple iCar on widened steelies
      10-11-2012 04:54 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV View Post
      Ok... I take it back

You are an idiot.
      I'm an idiot because you misunderstood something written on the internet? Someone previously stated Corts name when it came to the cops being dicks. I simply stated you can blame him for Ocean Downs but not the overall Dicketry the cops were throwing around. You are the idiot.

Vehicles
      a few power wheels too many
      10-11-2012 05:16 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by eurovw95 View Post
      I think the bigger picture here is that people need to realize that YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER! If you don't know FACTS about what you are saying, then why even say it?

Think about it. How many threads do you see JAY posting up about how should HE make the show better? How many facebook posts has he made asking US what HE should do to run HIS show? Not many huh.. Or none for that matter.. Why?

Because HE knows how to run a kick ass show. Lets face it, he has proven that year after year at this point. He does what he can within his power and the show goes on. It will with or without the useless banter and lack of support that goes on in these threads. He doesn't need a batch of fresh 17 year old girls running to the vortex and telling him what he could do better to run his show. Isn't that show that everyone has bashed since they left OC this year the root cause of why we all go back every year? We can all agree, the show has hit some rough spots the past few years, but the SHOW is what originally brought us all together. People are so easy to forget that. You all point the finger at this or that. Yet not one person on ANY of these threads has pointed the finger at them self and admitted you were part of the problem at one point or another. You really have to wonder why the city of ocean city hates us, yet statistically I would bet that there are more than a few people just in this thread alone who were pulled over for doing stupid ****.

Cort knows he did wrong, he can admit that and he got caught. "That supra guy".. I bet at this point he can admit he did wrong. But he also got caught. Its the ones who don't get caught and continue to do wrong that give the VW Community a bad wrap. So before everyone goes looking for the best way to point a finger at someone else for ****ing this show up.. Think about what you have contributed
      I couldn't agree more, the problem is the isn't just a "scene" (oh how I loath that word) or "community" problem this is a society as a whole problem. Not everyone understands that when they point a finger at someone there are three fingers pointing back at them.
      That being said we all do dumb $hit, I mean to error is human, if we didn't make mistakes we would be robots or something along those lines. The problem doesn't lie with making a mistake, its not learning from the mistake and repeating the offense over and over and over that is the greater issue. Most individuals screw up at least once majorly in their lives so bashing the supra guy, Cort, or anyone else for that matter only is reflects ones maturity level and to some aspects intellect.

I'll never understand those who bash Jay and all those who work collectively to put this show on year after year. Try organizing and running a show on your own sometime and let everyone know how it pans out so you can the next great internet hero.

Vehicles
      10-11-2012 05:21 PM #114
      I'm an idiot because you misunderstood something written on the internet?
      No. You're an idiot for countless other reasons I've seen in this thread alone. But don't feel bad, I'm an idiot too. But I can be reasonable, and can admit when I'm wrong. You just seem to be stubborn.

Someone previously stated Corts name when it came to the cops being dicks. I simply stated you can blame him for Ocean Downs but not the overall Dicketry the cops were throwing around.
      Holy run on sentence. *takes deep breath*

Ok, so you think I'm the reason "cops being dicks"? I'm pretty sure people were still speeding. I'm pretty sure people were driving hoodless. I'm pretty sure people didn't have their front plates on. Cops are being dicks, because the city gets paid every time they write a ticket. More tickets= more money = more revenue. It's not rocket science. It's also the simple fact that most cops are underpaid and their mentality of seeing all these "kids" with "souped up cars" are a proverbial "kick in the nuts" to their ego. They are upset, so they want to reciprocate their anger by hurting the pocketbook of said "kids".

You are the idiot.

Nanny nanny boo boo. Stick your head in doo doo.

Vehicles
      Mk3 Jetta
      10-11-2012 06:38 PM #115
      Everyone as a community needs to contribute to change the way it is right now. If you see someone speeding or doing something stupid, pull up beside them and call them out on whatever it is they are doing. Put them on the spot, make them feel like an idiot. I'm sure a very large majority of us are too ignorant to realize half the **** we're doing is contributing to the negative attitude Ocean City has toward us.

Enough talk about this, lets make a change.
      flickr
      instagram: das_murphy

11. Member
      Vehicles
      A4 B5 V6
      10-11-2012 06:47 PM #116
      ^^^agree 100%

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      10-11-2012 08:14 PM #117
      I'm an idiot because you misunderstood something written on the internet? Someone previously stated Corts name when it came to the cops being dicks. I simply stated you can blame him for Ocean Downs but not the overall Dicketry the cops were throwing around. You are the idiot.
      I did not misunderstand anything. I mentioned Cort in the same post that I mentioned cops cracking down. You are the one that tried to imply that Cort was the reason Ocean Downs no longer allows h2o to be hosted there. Go back. Re-read it. Be sure to read it slowly, so you don't get confused. I'm not the only one that called you out for it, I was just the one to call you for being an idiot.

Nice try though.

Idiot.

Vehicles
      2K Golf GLS 1.8T
      10-12-2012 12:38 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Jman5000 View Post
      As opposed to the cheap dubbers that'll pack 10 to a room, eat ramen & pbj's, and not enter the actual show all to keep 50 whole dollars in their pocket?

I went to the Wheel Whores party Thursday night and told my friends "if we want to eat, we should get in there (Tap House) before its a 2 hour wait..."

We walk in and get taken back to the patio - your pick of 8 tables, all with a wall-to-wall packed parking lot. Everyone's there, nobody's buying.
      I apologize for the late response to this as I missed it reading through the day after I posted.
      Yes, there are cheap a**es in both groups. Being a local, I have a lot of friends in the hospitality business in Ocean City. They all complain about that lack of people who buy... and more so the lack of being tipped well. I hear about this from both weekends... but more so from hot rod weekend. The biggest complaint being that if they buy they buy cheap and tip no more than 15%. Perhaps they're still running on 1950's standards, I dunno. Just going off of what I hear from others who rely on these events as their last "hurrah" weekends for good income.

This guy is spot on.

Anyone that can't understand and agree with what he took the time to type out, should just stop showing up in OC.
      Just wanted to say that I haz bewbies.
      And, thanks for taking the time to hear out what I had to say.

Vehicles
      10-12-2012 07:33 AM #119
      Well ****.

My bad, Cait

Vehicles
      Silverado, Jetta & HD Softail
      10-12-2012 01:13 PM #120
      Like previously stated.. The difference in our weekend down there, and a weekend where the city is on board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WOj...eature=related

Maybe if all the ones complaining swap out to rear wheel drive burnouts will be more acceptable
      Crooked Euros- My couch pulls out, but I don't

Vehicles
      IGP '10 CC Slammed/Caged e36 vert
      10-12-2012 09:08 PM #121
      Listen, all of you ****twats, the city is going to keep increasing the police until the show is moved within the city limits and they make a good amount of money for it. I imagine the city makes about as much as it costs to rent a space out for the show as it does for all of the tickets written.

$100-$200 tickets, at least 100 every hour(avg)... That's around $480k minimum on tickets. That seems like an exaggeration, but there's always at least 10 people pulled over on the strip. Maybe 80 every hour avg.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ericc.‎ View Post
      Been to Jersey, place sucks and smells weird. To close to NY, hate New York not to mention that's a long drive don't have the money for a plane ticket. Trains seem dangerous to me

Vehicles
      10-12-2012 11:21 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by boardsnow6 View Post
      Listen, all of you ****twats, the city is going to keep increasing the police until the show is moved within the city limits and they make a good amount of money for it. I imagine the city makes about as much as it costs to rent a space out for the show as it does for all of the tickets written.

$100-$200 tickets, at least 100 every hour(avg)... That's around $480k minimum on tickets. That seems like an exaggeration, but there's always at least 10 people pulled over on the strip. Maybe 80 every hour avg.
      Your imagination just went a little wild. One of my tickets was $25 and that took 25 minutes.

Additionally, it's paid to the state.

The tickets and strict law enforcement have nothing to do with the fact the venue is not in OCMD city limits.
      Last edited by BarryV; 10-12-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Vehicles
      10-13-2012 01:18 PM #123
      Your imagination just went a little wild. One of my tickets was $25 and that took 25 minutes.

Additionally, it's paid to the state.

The tickets and strict law enforcement have nothing to do with the fact the venue is not in OCMD city limits.
      If a state trooper pulls you over. I guess moving violations cost 5x as much in pa then...
      Been to Jersey, place sucks and smells weird. To close to NY, hate New York not to mention that's a long drive don't have the money for a plane ticket. Trains seem dangerous to me

Vehicles
      10-13-2012 01:21 PM #124
      If a state trooper pulls you over. I guess moving violations cost 5x as much in pa then...
      I received 2 tickets in OCMD during h2o. Both were written by OCPD officers. Both were state tickets

Vehicles
      10-13-2012 04:01 PM #125
      I received 2 tickets in OCMD during h2o. Both were written by OCPD officers. Both were state tickets
      Obviously md > pa

21. 10-15-2012 11:52 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by eurovw95 View Post
      Like previously stated.. The difference in our weekend down there, and a weekend where the city is on board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WOj...eature=related

Maybe if all the ones complaining swap out to rear wheel drive burnouts will be more acceptable
      lol read that dudes shirt at 3:27
      R32R1 "whore-tex.com the volkswagen fappers enthusiast website"

22. Banned
      Vehicles
      If I told you I'd be banned from TCL
      10-15-2012 06:16 PM #127
      Cort- Please go away, there is a reason why every time I saw you walking you were by yourself.

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 06:43 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry@TheRacersEdge View Post
      Cort- Please go away, there is a reason why every time I saw you walking you were by yourself.
      Or you just don't happen to know any of my friends. Plus I never stop moving during car shows so most people get tired of following me.

Either way, see you next year!
      Last edited by Cort; 10-15-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 09:56 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post
      Or you just don't happen to know any of my friends. Plus I never stop moving during car shows so most people get tired of following me.

Either way, see you next year!
      Damn right

Vehicles
      2 Saturn wagons and a mk6 Golf
      10-15-2012 10:19 PM #130

I would just like to say, this is the best rebuttal in the history of any forum, anywhere.
      Flickr
      Instagram- @PlastikAvenger
      You are one of the most ill-knowledged people on this forum, and that's a very hard feat to accomplish.

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      10-16-2012 09:09 AM #131

Christ, I love you Cort.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234