Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: small school MBA

1. 10-06-2012 12:36 AM #1
      My employer has a sweet deal that they will pay for any advanced education with no commitment. Only draw back is that I have to remain employed so my choices are pretty much
      Local 4 year college or online at a major university like Florida or Indiana.

I am curious as to what others would pick and why
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      2005 Passat Variant
      10-06-2012 02:27 PM #2
      I did a part time MBA at one of the better schools locally while working as well. If you are planning to stay in the local area, then the best part time program you can get into will be fine.

If you have aspirations of Wall Street or consulting, then go for a full time program at a big school.

Vehicles
      2.0 for commuting, 5.0 for lolz
      10-06-2012 04:40 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      I did a part time MBA at one of the better schools locally while working as well. If you are planning to stay in the local area, then the best part time program you can get into will be fine.

If you have aspirations of Wall Street or consulting, then go for a full time program at a big school.
      This x2. I have a small-school MBA, and while they enjoy a good reputation and recognition in the region, if I was looking for something elsewhere in the nation and/or with a big-time company it might not help me much. However, I plan on staying in the area long-term, so it doesn't really bother me.
      2008 Mazda 3i - 9/3/08 - present | 1986 Ford Mustang GT - 5/31/14 - present | 1983 VW Rabbit GTI - 4/30/03 - 5/6/11