Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2013 CC frustrations

1. 10-06-2012 01:02 PM #1
      Hello all.
      Firstly, excuse me if any of these questions have been answered before. I searched and could not find.

Our CC 2013 is awesome! We bought it for the big boss my wife.
      There are a few things even the dealership does not know how to resolve.

a. When I connect my iphone via bluetooth, the two soft buttons on the navigation screen are disabled. The functions work through the steering wheel controls and I can forward music, stop it and so on. Just the menu on the navigation screen is disabled

b. The biggest one. The headrests on the front seats do not go down all the way!!! Does anyone know how to get them to go all the way down? They are moving up and down freely, but, do not go down all the way to the seats!

Please help??

Regards
      JK

Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport
      10-06-2012 01:03 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by netscriber View Post
      Hello all.
      Firstly, excuse me if any of these questions have been answered before. I searched and could not find.

Our CC 2013 is awesome! We bought it for the big boss my wife.
      There are a few things even the dealership does not know how to resolve.

a. When I connect my iphone via bluetooth, the two soft buttons on the navigation screen are disabled. The functions work through the steering wheel controls and I can forward music, stop it and so on. Just the menu on the navigation screen is disabled

b. The biggest one. The headrests on the front seats do not go down all the way!!! Does anyone know how to get them to go all the way down? They are moving up and down freely, but, do not go down all the way to the seats!

Please help??

Regards
      JK
      I feel you on the headrests, I have fooled with them myself and have not got them to go all the way down lol

3. 10-06-2012 01:42 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by RAMDUDE View Post
      I feel you on the headrests, I have fooled with them myself and have not got them to go all the way down lol
      Oh no! I hope there is some solution. Perhaps I could mod them. I cannot believe they did that. Thats just stupid. My wife is short and it is actually counter intuitive to have head rests that do not support the head

Vehicles
      2013 Sport Plus CC, 2010 CC (sold)
      10-06-2012 03:23 PM #4
      The headrests are not designed to go all the way down. 2009-2012 CC's have a different headrest. The 2013 headrest is designed to move forward and offer more protection in a crash. The Audi A7 uses the same ones.

2013 Sport Plus CC (James Bond Edition) -- Debadged, 35% Tint, EZ-Lip, K&N filter, Blacked out Grille slats, Euro-Switch, Hoen-Xenonmatch Fogs

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-06-2012 04:03 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by BiGWAM View Post
      The headrests are not designed to go all the way down. 2009-2012 CC's have a different headrest. The 2013 headrest is designed to move forward and offer more protection in a crash. The Audi A7 uses the same ones.
      Which is strange since the A7 headrests DO go all the way down. I have seen one in person and can confirm this.

6. 10-06-2012 05:43 PM #6
      You can get a pair of 2010-12 headrests. I like them more than the new ones.

7. 10-06-2012 06:02 PM #7
      Oh ok. Where can I buy them online? Also, do you know if they might fit for sure?
      Thanks for the help.

8. 10-06-2012 06:05 PM #8
      but the thing is my wife is short and her head actually aligns towards the edge of the headrest. And in the event there is an impact (god forbid) the head will actually be kinda jerked between the edge and the gap between the seat and the headrest. A snappy downward motion!
      I cannot believe VW did this. Why would anyone restrict them from going all the way down!?

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/CC lux
      10-06-2012 09:03 PM #9
      What color are your headrests? I'll trade you mine
      2012 VW CC lux - Night blue / black leatherette (Mine)
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blackberry Pearl / black leather (Wife)

10. 10-06-2012 09:04 PM #10
      Yes . You can buy them from online VW dealers or your local dealer for about $250 each. Before you get it go to your dealer and test them with your car.

Vehicles
      2013 CC 3.6L Executive Black/Black
      10-06-2012 11:21 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Sammzway View Post
      What color are your headrests? I'll trade you mine
      Don't all CC's come with black headrests?

edit: Forgot about topez/brown
      Last edited by Grajjie; 10-06-2012 at 11:28 PM.

12. 10-07-2012 12:43 AM #12
      @samz sorry buddy, my wife is fussy about always buying new things.

13. 10-07-2012 12:46 AM #13
      OK. Now, I am thinking if I can mod these. Where can I find information about how to take these off? Thanks for the help everyone. Since my option is to buy new 2012 ones, I won't mind semi-destructing the 2013 ones to see if I can make them go in all the way?

Vehicles
      '13 CC Sport Plus
      10-07-2012 01:21 AM #14
      Oh no! I hope there is some solution. Perhaps I could mod them. I cannot believe they did that. Thats just stupid. My wife is short and it is actually counter intuitive to have head rests that do not support the head

Can confirm that the headrest in the 2013 is capable of being all the way down. When I first purchased the car I noticed that the headrest on the driver side was all the way down. As I too prefer there to be no gap between the top of the seat proper and bottom of the headrest, I tried to get the passenger side to do the same (was a notch up, needed to go down).... no luck.... ended up moving the driver side up just so they could match.

I feel like there is some reverse notch somewhere that physically stops the headrest from going back down after they've been 'pulled out' from resting at a flush position.

Vehicles
      2013 VW
      10-07-2012 04:44 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0LGtiPwr View Post
      Can confirm that the headrest in the 2013 is capable of being all the way down. When I first purchased the car I noticed that the headrest on the driver side was all the way down. As I too prefer there to be no gap between the top of the seat proper and bottom of the headrest, I tried to get the passenger side to do the same (was a notch up, needed to go down).... no luck.... ended up moving the driver side up just so they could match.

I feel like there is some reverse notch somewhere that physically stops the headrest from going back down after they've been 'pulled out' from resting at a flush position.
      Mine were like that too when I bought my '13.
      One was high and one was low (flush with the seat like in my old '11).

So I asked the sales guy & he had no clue.
      Then I pulled up on the lower one & then it locked into place to match the "higher" one.
      So yeah...now they're both in the same place & "locked", with a gap in-between the seats

I don't like the look, but that's how it's designed
      Parting out -->'13 Tiguan S -- APR Stage 1, APR Carbonio Intake, Golf R Intercooler, R8 Coil Packs, Techtonics Tuning Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Pro-Kit, H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar, VM Shifter Bushings, ES Mount Insert, TSW Interlagos Wheels w/Conti DW tires, Painted Side Markers, Golf R Steering Wheel, & other little extras. . .

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/CC lux
      10-07-2012 12:32 PM #16
      @samz sorry buddy, my wife is fussy about always buying new things.
      No prob, figured i'd throw it out there since i'm digging the new headrests.
      2012 VW CC lux - Night blue / black leatherette (Mine)
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blackberry Pearl / black leather (Wife)

17. 10-07-2012 12:37 PM #17
      Oh that sucks! I would be so mad if mine was down all the way and it locked itself up when I pulled it out.
      Does anyone know how to pull them out all the way?

18. 10-07-2012 10:43 PM #18
      perhaps I should start a new thread?
      thanks for everything guys!

19. 10-08-2012 01:27 AM #19
      Do not modify your headrest. These headrests are designed to move and protect the passenger's head in an accident. If you modify them , they may not work well.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Passat CC 2.0T 6MT
      10-08-2012 01:58 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Faramarz1 View Post
      Do not modify your headrest. These headrests are designed to move and protect the passenger's head in an accident. If you modify them , they may not work well.
      That's why he started this thread. If you actually read what he wrote you'd realize he's only doing this because his wife's shorter height means her head lands right in the gap between the headrest and seat. It's uncomfortable and unsafe.

I don't know if the 2013 headrests are removed the same way, but here's the instruction for pre-2013 models: http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/...1#post75000183

21. 10-08-2012 02:27 AM #21
      I'm sure VW engineers accounted for short people when designing the impact these headrests have on shorter individuals... I mean, I would imagine.

But hey, I'm with you, I hate the way they look & they block visibility as well.

22. 10-08-2012 10:52 AM #22
      You'd think they would. But you will be amazed of the kind of mistakes that fall through the cracks.
      For example, perhaps it is designed to go all the way down then they move to the installation department and because of some notch inside, they DO NOT go all the way down when pulled out.
      The installation department then figures that they were intended that way!

The thing is, if they had a 5'5" wife sit in the seat, they would've figured it out. But its apparent, they didn't.

Anyways, thanks guys. I will keep you updated if I end up modifying them or replacing them.

23. 01-19-2013 03:03 PM #23
      Any update on this? I just picked one of these up and absolutely love the car, the headrest not going all the way down to be flush with the seat is my only issue. I had an '03 A4 previously and you were able to make the headrest flush by using a paper clip (will try and find a link to that mod and post) maybe something similar can be done? Hopefully someone figures this one out since I'm all out of ideas.

Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      01-21-2013 05:37 AM #25
      I understand shorter people needing the headrest lower, but are you all that short? lol I have the headrest in my '12, 2 notches up.

25. 01-22-2013 09:39 AM #26
      I like the way it looks when its all the way flush with the seat... maybe an OCD or pet peeve type thing.

26. 09-19-2013 06:35 PM #27
      Hi - I realize that you may have figured this out by now but I experienced the same problem on my Certified (like new) 2013 CC Sport Plus and searched for others with the same issue and found this post. My driver's side headrest was all the way down but the passenger side was not 0 I thought there was a a kink or bend in the rods and that it was broken. I sent pictures to the out-of-state dealer where I bought the car and he agreed(!)

Long story short, I went to a more local VW dealer today to get a price to replace the passenger headrest, etc. which the other dealer agreed to cover. First he pulled up the driver's side and then couldn't put that all the way down like it had been; I was not a happy camper. Then they realized they had another 2013 CC in the service area and when we all looked, the rods to both headrests looked bent too and neither would go down all the way. They said it was intentional and nothing could be done..

HOWEVER, possibly because I was unhappy, the service man put his fingers under neath the circular plastic pieces surrounding where the rods go into the seat and managed to find the lock or release and squeezed it in on both sides with each hand. A second person then pushed the headrest down and it went down all the way! So it may be intentional, but it can definitely be pushed down all the way with some effort. Just wanted to let you know in case you are still suffering with it.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      09-19-2013 09:03 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Macallan12 View Post
      Hi - I realize that you may have figured this out by now but I experienced the same problem on my Certified (like new) 2013 CC Sport Plus and searched for others with the same issue and found this post. My driver's side headrest was all the way down but the passenger side was not 0 I thought there was a a kink or bend in the rods and that it was broken. I sent pictures to the out-of-state dealer where I bought the car and he agreed(!)

Long story short, I went to a more local VW dealer today to get a price to replace the passenger headrest, etc. which the other dealer agreed to cover. First he pulled up the driver's side and then couldn't put that all the way down like it had been; I was not a happy camper. Then they realized they had another 2013 CC in the service area and when we all looked, the rods to both headrests looked bent too and neither would go down all the way. They said it was intentional and nothing could be done..

HOWEVER, possibly because I was unhappy, the service man put his fingers under neath the circular plastic pieces surrounding where the rods go into the seat and managed to find the lock or release and squeezed it in on both sides with each hand. A second person then pushed the headrest down and it went down all the way! So it may be intentional, but it can definitely be pushed down all the way with some effort. Just wanted to let you know in case you are still suffering with it.
      So the moral of the story is "LOOKING FOR 3-MAN TEAM TO MOVE HEADREST"?
      2013 Black CC 4Motion | Mods: Titanium Black Interior | Hartmann 256-GA:M 19"

28. 09-19-2013 09:49 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoVDub View Post
      So the moral of the story is "LOOKING FOR 3-MAN TEAM TO MOVE HEADREST"?
      Haha, yes, well technically two, the third (me) just watched. Too much of an explanation maybe but it's not an obvious fix, apparently. Amazing that the dealers don't even know how it's supposed to look - they thought it was dented and damaged enough to pay for it.