VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2013 CC frustrations

8K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  hebron30 
#1 ·
Hello all.
Firstly, excuse me if any of these questions have been answered before. I searched and could not find. :)

Our CC 2013 is awesome! We bought it for the big boss my wife. :)
There are a few things even the dealership does not know how to resolve.

a. When I connect my iphone via bluetooth, the two soft buttons on the navigation screen are disabled. The functions work through the steering wheel controls and I can forward music, stop it and so on. Just the menu on the navigation screen is disabled

b. The biggest one. The headrests on the front seats do not go down all the way!!! Does anyone know how to get them to go all the way down? They are moving up and down freely, but, do not go down all the way to the seats!

Please help??

Regards
JK

#8 ·
:) but the thing is my wife is short and her head actually aligns towards the edge of the headrest. And in the event there is an impact (god forbid) the head will actually be kinda jerked between the edge and the gap between the seat and the headrest. A snappy downward motion!
I cannot believe VW did this. Why would anyone restrict them from going all the way down!?

#13 ·
ok. Another dangerous path

OK. Now, I am thinking if I can mod these. Where can I find information about how to take these off? Thanks for the help everyone. Since my option is to buy new 2012 ones, I won't mind semi-destructing the 2013 ones to see if I can make them go in all the way? :D

#20 ·
That's why he started this thread. If you actually read what he wrote you'd realize he's only doing this because his wife's shorter height means her head lands right in the gap between the headrest and seat. It's uncomfortable and unsafe.

I don't know if the 2013 headrests are removed the same way, but here's the instruction for pre-2013 models: http://forums.kilometermagazine.com...-headrests&p=75000183&viewfull=1#post75000183

#22 ·
You'd think they would. But you will be amazed of the kind of mistakes that fall through the cracks.
For example, perhaps it is designed to go all the way down then they move to the installation department and because of some notch inside, they DO NOT go all the way down when pulled out.
The installation department then figures that they were intended that way!

The thing is, if they had a 5'5" wife sit in the seat, they would've figured it out. But its apparent, they didn't. :mad:

Anyways, thanks guys. I will keep you updated if I end up modifying them or replacing them. :)

#23 ·
Any update on this? I just picked one of these up and absolutely love the car, the headrest not going all the way down to be flush with the seat is my only issue. I had an '03 A4 previously and you were able to make the headrest flush by using a paper clip (will try and find a link to that mod and post) maybe something similar can be done? Hopefully someone figures this one out since I'm all out of ideas.

#27 ·
VW CC headrests

Hi - I realize that you may have figured this out by now but I experienced the same problem on my Certified (like new) 2013 CC Sport Plus and searched for others with the same issue and found this post. My driver's side headrest was all the way down but the passenger side was not 0 I thought there was a a kink or bend in the rods and that it was broken. I sent pictures to the out-of-state dealer where I bought the car and he agreed(!)

Long story short, I went to a more local VW dealer today to get a price to replace the passenger headrest, etc. which the other dealer agreed to cover. First he pulled up the driver's side and then couldn't put that all the way down like it had been; I was not a happy camper. Then they realized they had another 2013 CC in the service area and when we all looked, the rods to both headrests looked bent too and neither would go down all the way. They said it was intentional and nothing could be done..

HOWEVER, possibly because I was unhappy, the service man put his fingers under neath the circular plastic pieces surrounding where the rods go into the seat and managed to find the lock or release and squeezed it in on both sides with each hand. A second person then pushed the headrest down and it went down all the way! So it may be intentional, but it can definitely be pushed down all the way with some effort. Just wanted to let you know in case you are still suffering with it.

#28 ·
Hi - I realize that you may have figured this out by now but I experienced the same problem on my Certified (like new) 2013 CC Sport Plus and searched for others with the same issue and found this post. My driver's side headrest was all the way down but the passenger side was not 0 I thought there was a a kink or bend in the rods and that it was broken. I sent pictures to the out-of-state dealer where I bought the car and he agreed(!)

Long story short, I went to a more local VW dealer today to get a price to replace the passenger headrest, etc. which the other dealer agreed to cover. First he pulled up the driver's side and then couldn't put that all the way down like it had been; I was not a happy camper. Then they realized they had another 2013 CC in the service area and when we all looked, the rods to both headrests looked bent too and neither would go down all the way. They said it was intentional and nothing could be done..

HOWEVER, possibly because I was unhappy, the service man put his fingers under neath the circular plastic pieces surrounding where the rods go into the seat and managed to find the lock or release and squeezed it in on both sides with each hand. A second person then pushed the headrest down and it went down all the way! So it may be intentional, but it can definitely be pushed down all the way with some effort. Just wanted to let you know in case you are still suffering with it.
So the moral of the story is "LOOKING FOR 3-MAN TEAM TO MOVE HEADREST"?

#32 · (Edited)
How to lower headrest for the CC 2013- 2016

It took me a couple of days to figure out how to do this.

Place two credit card stock type cards at these positions. Press inward to release each clamp.

Remove the headrest completely by pulling upward. This may take two people.

Now place the headrest back into the seat.

Press the adjustment button and the headrest should come all the way down.

voila!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.