There are a lot of DIY out there for replacing the front lower control arms. Well, I am replacing lower front bushings, rear, and ball joints). If there is a decent DIY, I can handle it, but I do not want to tackle unless I fully comprehend what I am getting into.
So far, I am unable to confirm if the 8 bolts (4 on each side; 1 horizontal 3 vertical) are stretch bolts. Some say yes, some say no, some dealers say yes some dealers say no None the less, I am already purchased the bolts, front bushings (whiteline), Rear bushings (replacement OEM (should I have bought different ones?), and the ball joints (replacement OEM).
What I do not know is the following.
1. What are the torque specs on each bolt I am removing?
2. Does the suspension need to be loaded for lower control arm bushing replacement (I think that is just upper, but I am not certain).
3. Are they actually stretch bolts?
4. Should I purchase a specific rear bushing/upgraded from OEM replacement? I see there are a lot of opinions on the TT bushings (not sure which one exactly would fit).
5. Other than pressing the bushings in, is there any specific part of this jb that is a absolute PAIN I should know about before doing it?
Any input would be helpful. I am going to tackle this next weekend, and if there is a complete DIY (with torque specs, etc) please let me know, or if anyone knows, please add.
I do not sue forums often. so if I am incorrectly posting or should be doing something differently, please let me know and I will.