Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Newer version of vag com

Vehicles
      07 RS Rabbit
      10-06-2012 10:37 PM #1
      Will a newer version be releasing anytime soon? Can't seem to find someone who doesn't have the newest version, and for some reason they decided to nix the trunk pop from the current version, so my Ecs pop kit can't be programmed. Anybody have input on this?

Tapatalkin'
      SpeedHappens <----Check us out

2. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      10-08-2012 12:59 PM #2
      Release 11.11.4 is nearing 2 months in age, so you should see an update available at some point in the near future - but I doubt that will resolve your concern because we haven't removed anything from the Mk5 comfort module label files. If you need assistance post the complete Auto-Scan from this vehicle with our current release so we can see details regarding which modules are installed in this vehicle, how they're currently coded, and what (if any) fault codes are present.

This video may be helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCBt6d42-Fc
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

Vehicles
      07 RS Rabbit
      10-09-2012 12:25 AM #3
      I personally don't have vag com, but going off the Ecs trunk pop DIY and various diy's over the forums you have to have an older version because the newest version was changed or a bit was taken out. I know when I was trying to have it vag com'd by someone at h2o and he went into comfort settings, he had the newest version and byte 2 bit 3 Is supposed to be what you click for it to allow the trunk to pop with the button on the key fob (or at least it's how it worked on older software versions) and it did not work with the newest version (just like Ecs tunings install instructions stated and I saw on multiple diy's).

Tapatalkin'
      SpeedHappens <----Check us out

Vehicles
      '67 Ford Mustang Conv.
      10-09-2012 07:09 AM #4
      Sorry, but thats simply bogus. You can do that modification with all current versions as well - however some modules simply do have a different coding table which is why that specific byte/bit combination may not be available. This is NOT a limitation of VCDS but rather one of the module in question.

If you are having a problem with a specific car/function, post an Auto-Scan and we'll assist. Until then, please don't make statements/claims which do not reflect actual knowledge but rumors instead. Thank you.
      Last edited by Theresias; 10-09-2012 at 09:14 AM.

5. Forum Sponsor Andy@Ross-Tech.com's Avatar
      10-09-2012 09:36 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Thagodeus View Post
      I personally don't have vag com, but going off the Ecs trunk pop DIY and various diy's over the forums you have to have an older version because the newest version was changed or a bit was taken out. I know when I was trying to have it vag com'd by someone at h2o and he went into comfort settings, he had the newest version and byte 2 bit 3 Is supposed to be what you click for it to allow the trunk to pop with the button on the key fob (or at least it's how it worked on older software versions) and it did not work with the newest version (just like Ecs tunings install instructions stated and I saw on multiple diy's).

Tapatalkin'
      The instructions from ECS and in some of the DIY's are incomplete since they only apply to a specific flavor of control module. In other types of modules, the bit you'd need to check is in a different location (different Byte and Bit). Hint: Using the latest version of VCDS, check in Byte 1, Bit 4 to see what's documented there.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=258
      Last edited by Andy@Ross-Tech.com; 10-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.