Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge

Thread: Tell me about the MB E350 Sport (W211)...

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      Lexus
      10-07-2012 12:06 AM #1
      Saw one of these in silver driving down the road and it caught my eye. Didn't realize they are in the mid 20's now. What do you guys think about these? I have driven a W210, but not a W211, so I don't know if they are that much different. I think they still look great, especially in AMG trim.

Vehicles
      91 Audi D11 V8, 71 Super, 07 E320 Bluetec, 05.5 Jetta 2.5
      10-07-2012 12:16 AM #2
      they are nice, we have one, but a diesel

earlier engines had problems that required chains and all related things changed, 7k repair bill, if you have a vin, you can have it looked up if your engine is one of the batch
      a sprocket wears and its a lot of work to get to

7 speed trans is not bad, but its still an automatic
      if you get an 07 ones, you dont have to deal with sbc
      Last edited by 71DubBugBug; 10-07-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries
      10-07-2012 03:16 AM #3
      My aunt has an '07 Komen Foundation version. It has an AMG like body kit/wheels. Beautiful black paint with a maroon pearlescent to it, white leather interior.

Honestly, I really like it. Drives smooth but tight. I don't think it drives too much different than any other e-class from that gen (meaning nothing sacrificed by the suspension/wheel changes).

This one has the same 7speed as my ML. Occasional lock up getting out of reverse like my ML did, but nothing severe/not frequent. I love this tranny otherwise.

I've driven it around town and to LA and back. Makes me want one too (though I could probably get a deal on the AMG model these days).

Hers has been reliable thus far. The only issue has really been a sandstorm that took the paint off. Bodyshop charged $18k to repaint (insurance).

Vehicles
      Mk4 Golf TDI 90 ponies of diesel fury!1!!
      10-07-2012 03:39 AM #4
      In Europe, that is a:

No matter the trim level. Too bad actually, as it seems to be a very comfortable car. And as the OP said, it still looks good today

5. 10-07-2012 05:54 AM #5
      Like previously mentioned, the vehicles with the 276 engine had/have balance shaft sprocket problems that can be pricy to fix I'd your footing the bill. Also sbc is a system that feels a little different but works quite well. The only downfall is the cost to repair when the Ecu/hydraulic unit fails. I think mb extended the warranty on the unit to ten years though