Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: engine oil drain plug torque?

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta 2.0 petrol
      10-07-2012 11:25 AM #1
      Does anyone know what the proper torque is for tightening the oil pan drain plug on a 2012 VW Jetta 2.0L (non TFSI) petrol?

Thanks

2. Member
      Vehicles
      BPY VW GTI
      10-07-2012 11:55 AM #2
      30NM or 22ft/lbs and use a new crush washer.

3. 10-10-2012 01:54 AM #3
      Oli drain plug torque?
      Could you tell me what would be the proper oil drain plug torque for my 2007 Toyota Camry with a 2.4 liter , 4 cylinder engine . Thank you so very much for your time and effort for me . Richard M. Birkby , E-Mail = rmbmpl@verizon.net . Also , I'm thinking of buying and installing a new drain plug ths is magnettic . Could you give me your opinion of that thought ???

Vehicles
      07 GTi.. fun times
      10-15-2012 07:58 PM #4
      30Nm torque, or (as i do) my own i make it just tight enuff that it wouldnt be a pain to un-do next change.

Sent from my 1st generation Motorola brick using Tapatalk

5. Member
      Vehicles
      03 passat 1.8, 06 jetta 2.0t, 14 tiguan se awd
      10-16-2012 07:19 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by rickjaguar View Post
      30Nm torque, or (as i do) my own i make it just tight enuff that it wouldnt be a pain to un-do next change.

Sent from my 1st generation Motorola brick using Tapatalk

6. 10-16-2012 07:36 AM #6
      Oil Drain Plug Torque ?
      I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with a 2.4 liter engine in it . I am very particular about torqueing things to the proper torque values . The drain plug is not leaking onr bit !!!! I have been riding motorcycles for many years and have seen applicaions were the motorcycle manufacturers would use " magnetic " drain plugs in some applications and was thinking of buying one for my 2007 Toyota Camry thr next time I change the oil and filter . I REPEAT , THE CURRENT FACTORY INSTALLED OIL DRAIN PLUF IS NOT , IS NOT LEAKING AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL ME AS TO THE PROPER TORQUE VALUE IN FT. LBS. i ASSUME THAT THERE WILL BE A SMALL TOLLERENCE OF BETWEEN A , THIS AND THAT . ( LIKE TO TIGHTEN IT TO BETWEEN 15 - 20 FT. LBS. ) i WOULD CERTAINLY APPRECIATE AN INFO THAT SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL ME BACK WITH !!!! tHANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT FOR ME !!!!

Vehicles
      turbo wagon
      10-18-2012 04:04 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by scottjozzy View Post
      Oil Drain Plug Torque ?
      I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with a 2.4 liter engine in it . I am very particular about torqueing things to the proper torque values . The drain plug is not leaking onr bit !!!! I have been riding motorcycles for many years and have seen applicaions were the motorcycle manufacturers would use " magnetic " drain plugs in some applications and was thinking of buying one for my 2007 Toyota Camry thr next time I change the oil and filter . I REPEAT , THE CURRENT FACTORY INSTALLED OIL DRAIN PLUF IS NOT , IS NOT LEAKING AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL ME AS TO THE PROPER TORQUE VALUE IN FT. LBS. i ASSUME THAT THERE WILL BE A SMALL TOLLERENCE OF BETWEEN A , THIS AND THAT . ( LIKE TO TIGHTEN IT TO BETWEEN 15 - 20 FT. LBS. ) i WOULD CERTAINLY APPRECIATE AN INFO THAT SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL ME BACK WITH !!!! tHANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT FOR ME !!!!
      Stop yelling and just ****ing tighten the thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I read this in Samuel L. Jackson's voice to make it more interesting. That's all I got.
      2005 VW Passat Wagon 1.8T 4Motion 5M/T [Current]
      2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Q/MT [Sold]
      2000 VW Golf 2.0 [Sold]

Vehicles
      00 Beetle
      10-19-2012 03:40 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by scottjozzy View Post
      Oil Drain Plug Torque ?
      Seriously? This is a VW forum man. Someone here may know what the torque value is, but honestly, Google will likely know before we will. 22 ft/lbs is right for VW's. Talk to Toyota, or go to a Toyota forum to get this information, instead of yelling out like a child when you don't get the information you want on a VW forum, about a Toyota!
      2000 Beetle, 1991 CR-X, 1988 F-150 (Still don't know why I like this truck...)