Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Heavily Considering buying EOS 2012/13 TALK ME INTO IT!

1. 10-07-2012 12:39 PM #1
      I have a 2003 M3 who's repair costs are considerably to high. I am selling it as soon as I can get a decent price for it, and am searching for a replacement, EOS is very high on the list!

Can you guys offer up any novel reasons why I should get (or shouldn't) get the EOS?

I am dead set on a convertible, and torn between leasing a 2013, or financing a 2012.

Any tips on programs to wait for, christmas deals?

(also, feel free to make an offer on the BMW, thread here)

Vehicles
      07 3.2 EOS <-- 01 Wolfy <-- 00 GLX VR6 <-- 97 2.0 Jetta <-- 01 1.8T Beetle
      10-08-2012 09:15 PM #2
      I LOVE my EOS and the first one that I ever test drove was the 2012 2.0t and it is an amazing vehicle. You wont regret it.
      THe LOWLIFE MIXTAPE - REmixes of your favorite songs about nothing but VW's.
      15 SONGS ABOUT NOTHING BUT VWS ON YOUR FAVORITE BEATS!

Vehicles
      2013 BMW E93 328i / 2012 Edge
      10-09-2012 11:02 AM #3
      I don't believe that there are any major differences between the 2012 & 2013 so I'd go for the purchase if the numbers are close. In my case, I was actually looking buying a 2009 leftover but went for the 2010 lease because the interior was redesigned for 2010.

Vehicles
      All original 77 Rabbit; 14 Jetta; 14 Outback
      10-14-2012 05:56 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ecaace View Post
      ...any novel reasons why I should get (or shouldn't) get the EOS?
      I recently made the decision myself... Novel reasons:
      1. There aren't a ton of them on the road, so you won't see yourself coming and going. Three series owners can't say that.
      2. Since you won't be driving an M3 anymore and the Eos doesn't scream FAST, you'll enjoy not having boy racers revving their engines next to you at stop lights.
      3. The most novel of them all - the ONLY hardtop convertible with a sunroof.

Make sure you post up pics when you get it.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      96 VW Wolfsburg Cabrio; 2013 VW Beetle convertible TDI 6 speed manual
      10-15-2012 03:53 PM #5
      I had one for a couple of months. I should say that I owned one for a couple of months. I actually had it for about 2 weeks. The rest of the time it was in the shop. One thing after another. Couldn't get the windows to stay closed. Couldn't get it to stop leaking. the roof creaked on uneven roads, but that was no big deal.

It drove really nicely. The top took a long time to raise or lower, but the real issue was that I rarely got to drive it. It was always in the shop. Maybe a lemon and others are OK. I don't know. My experience was not a good one.

6. 10-16-2012 03:16 PM #6
      My experience has been nothing but disapointment. Faulty paint that VW refused to correct (thankfully the dealer corrected it) and leaks from the roof. $35,000.00 embarrasment that i cringe at everytime i look at now. Not a great way to feel about a brand new car. Others dont seem to have issues though, so i imagine they are happy owners.

7. 10-18-2012 03:18 PM #7
      I love my Eos. I have had it for three-plus years. I have not had the problems some folks have had. In fact, I have had only two. (1) Day One, the a/c didn't work. Dealership replaced a faulty switch on Day Two. No charge. (2) Just a couple weeks after the warranty had expired, the driver's side window regulator coughed up a fur ball. It was replaced at no charge thanks to an extended warranty neither I nor the dealer originally knew about.

That's been it.

I drive with the top down at least once every month -- a tradition I started with my Cabrio -- and every chance I get in nice weather. I have gotten a genuine 36-36.8 MPG on trips with the cruise control engaged, and it will get me pulled over in nothing flat for speeding if I'm not careful.

I'm almost always going to prefer ownership, and I wouldn't wait too long on leftover 2012's.
      Now: '74 Thing Acapulco ... '13 Tiguan S ... '09 Eos Komfort ... '02 Golf GLS TDI
      Past: '97 Jetta GT ... '02 Passat ... '02 Cabrio GLX ... '71 Super Beetle ... '93 EuroVan MV Westy ... '86 Jetta GLI ... '81 Pickup LX ... '85 Vanagon
      Future: oh, the possibilities ...