VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Uncomfortable rears!

5K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  clean'nblackmk4 
#1 ·
So I recently got air ride, riding on an analog management. Mason tech fronts and airlift tapered sleeve rears.
The fronts ride fine at low height, but I've always got to air up the rears to keep them comfy-ish. I can't tell you my psi levels because I don't have gauges at the moment, but is anyone else getting crap ride with their airlift rears? I'm also running my old Ultimos rear shocks, would throwing on bilsteins or konis help with it?

And these airlift rears don't seem to go as low as I'd hoped, anyone else having this issue?
Thanks!

Pics for clicks not quite laying frame yet :(

This is my signature.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you may want to change out the struts. I find the airlift rears comfortable in my buddies' mk4s. They all have different struts bilstein, koni, and raceland even. The racelands are definitely the worst out of the group. Not sure if they're making them for te mk4 but airlift will eventually be coming out with a new mkv rear strut that is threaded and adjustable dampening which would be perfect in your situation.

#8 ·
My airlifts rears went to sub 22.5. I tried yno wgn's wheels on and with my new drop plates and we got to 21.3 before i stopped airing out because i didnt wanna scratch his wheels haha. I guess the airlift rears are hit or miss, me and steve both love ours and go low but some people say they wont.
Your in temecula right?

#9 ·
Really? With no modification? I'm getting some prominent rake cause the rears just don't go past 23"ish. Don't wanna spend the cash for another set.
And yes I am. If you know anyone that does good work to help me get lower and notch my tie rods and such I'd appreciate it 👍.

.enohPi gnisu klatapaT morf tneS

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.