VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The $10,990 Craigslist Challenge

12K views 45 replies 33 participants last post by  Remedy 
#1 · (Edited)
Having just watched the Nissan Pixo/£6,995 used car Top Gear UK episode, I started perusing my local craigslist and devised this simple challenge based on the lowest priced new car in America at the moment, the Nissan Versa S, at $10,990. As we all know, it's a pile, but it does have a radio and A/C. So, the rules are this:

1. $10,990 price limit. NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. The vehicle must have operable A/C and radio. If neither is mentioned in the ad, the assumption is that they work.

3. Your search is limited to YOUR LOCAL CRAIGSLIST ONLY and only for ads listed within the LAST 3 DAYS.

4. You can only post ONE VEHICLE PER DAY. Choose wisely.

Smaller cities will obviously have a much smaller pool to choose from, however a gem might be tucked away in Paducah or Dubuque that no one would think of searching for there.

This isn't necessarily about practicality, cost of ownership, fuel economy, etc. It's just an exercise in what YOU think is the most bang for your Nissan Versa buck. That could be the fastest, the best equipped, the best looking, whatever. The variety is what is going to make this interesting.

Alright, GO!

See less See more
#3 ·
I win. Located in Franklin Square, NY. Close enough.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3284876496.html

2002 Honda S2000
All services up to date
Has K&N intake
Runs perfect
No noises
needs tires

Interior is 8.5/10
Paint is 9/10 but with rock chips i would overall give the exterior a 8/10

car comes with the stock rims(silver) the other ones are going to be taken off.

5165248820, please leave a message and ill get back to you. I can only show the car on weekends

will trade for a hypermotard or 848 evo and $1000. ducati
Assuming this isn't a scam :D

#12 ·
#23 ·
FV-QR

nothing like German power 2004

E500 baby. only $9500. which means I have 1,490.00 to spend on hookers and blow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.