Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: single wiper questions

1. Member
      Vehicles
      95 civic hatch POS; 73 plymouth scamp
      10-07-2012 11:38 PM #1
      I've just swapped the one from my non-working gti into my jetta and the plug i'm currently using to block the newly opened hole isn't the best. Its one of those 'screw-in rubber hood holder-upper when closed' plugs for lack of a better explanation. Its a great fit but sometimes the wiper will go past the molding and knock it out, or get stuck on the opposite side of it.

what sort of plugs are you guys using for yours?

Also to address the over rotating problem i assume just unscrewing and rotating the wiper would fix it, but sometimes if its going slowly it stops above the registration (ny fwiw). is there any way to control it better? or regulate it short of the #99 fuse?

oh, and how do you guys get it to stop in the middle?
      Quote Originally Posted by apexT View Post
      All cars suck and are a terrible investment I am going to jump on my razor scooter and be done with it

2. Member
      Vehicles
      10-09-2012 03:41 PM #2
      perhaps a bump is in order, i see a lot of people taking about "body plugs" to fill the holes without any mention of problems, just not sure where on the body the plugs would be
      All cars suck and are a terrible investment I am going to jump on my razor scooter and be done with it

Vehicles
      92 GTI 16v Vortech V1, 84 GTI 1.8t, 78 Rabbit 1.8 gas, 75 Rabbit, 72 Porsche 911
      10-09-2012 03:57 PM #3
      What I used to fill the wiper hole was the original gasket with a manual/adustable mirror knob pushed in. Perfect, snug fit and easy to come by.
      www.4everkustoms.com

PVW 3/12 Friends In Low Places

4. Member
      Vehicles
      86 Golf, 89 Fox, 92 GTi
      10-09-2012 04:01 PM #4
      not too sure about the plug but you have to set the position of the wiper mechanism where it attaches to the motor in order to get it to start and end in the middle..

5. Member
      Vehicles
      10-09-2012 04:10 PM #5
      mirror knob! thats awesome i never would have thought of that, i actually was just digging around my little parts bucket some more and came across a cigarette lighter plug out of a 2003ish nissan sentra iirc and its snugger than i could have hoped for, so one problem down. And the position thing, i wouldn't have thought about doing that either. i guess it has to work alright if its being run. im probably gunna i try that before my son wakes up from his nap
      Last edited by myeyesareopen; 10-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.