Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 242

    Thread: Another H2Oi Video... worth a watch.

    1. Member Shmi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2009
      Location
      Fairfax, VA
      Posts
      3,798
      Vehicles
      2014 Fiesta ST, 1999 A4 2.8
      10-09-2012 10:09 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by c4 a6 View Post
      because in 3 years i'll be like, "oh, vw is the best brand! I should buy a gti now!"



      My age has nothing to do with my opinions, and just because you're older doesn't mean you have to forsake your own views to fit in with your peers.
      shhuuuuut uuuuuuup. No one here respects you because you're ****ing obtuse as hell.

      I'll break it down for you: People go to H20 because it is a CAR SHOW put on to SHOW CARS and HAVE FUN. Be it drinking, going go-karting for the day, enjoying the beach, travelling with friends, who cares really WHY? We get it, it's not for you. Congratulations. But if you can't even understand why it IS for thousands of people, you're either deliberately obtuse, or dumb.
      Last edited by Shmi; 10-09-2012 at 10:13 AM.

    2. Member Denniswhat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2007
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      1,654
      Vehicles
      06 350z
      10-09-2012 10:13 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Because I'm the only one with cajones enough to say, "No, this show (H2Oi) sucks because it's less about cars and more about being drunk for a whole weekend" and not "I applaud you guys for this" because it's apparently cool to act like Jersey Shore trash all weekend and use a common INTEREST of cars as an excuse to do so?

      FWIW, I like OP's production, but I don't like his choice of venue to cover.

      Your wrong. I think your perception of the huge party scene is mostly due to the location. OCMD is a huge party location EVERY weekend regardless of the event. I know me and my group of friends as well as most of the people I know that go, look forward to this weekend as a vacation and like to have a good time with their friends. I would say the majority of the people are there to enjoy the car scene and sounds of big turbo's screaming up and down the strip all night.

      I don't know why your so butt hurt over H20i but this was my sixth year going and had a great time as always and got to see some very awesome cars.

    3. Member SVTDanny's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2005
      Location
      Winchester, VA
      Posts
      16,875
      10-09-2012 10:13 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Because in 3 years I'll be like, "Oh, VW is the best brand! I should buy a GTI now!"

      Probably not, but your extreme close-mindedness will start to go away.

    4. Member ktm8806's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2005
      Location
      Lancaster PA
      Posts
      6,072
      Vehicles
      1989 Jetta GLI(Helios)/1996 Cabrio/2013 Golf TDI
      10-09-2012 10:13 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by FujiTekniques View Post
      I miss Ocean City. Meant to get back there this summer but never did.

      But this show? Is it all about the low? Does anyone show up with a nice, OEM+ MK2 16V anymore or is that deemed lame by today's "enthusiasts"?

      Oh, and get those damn kids off my lawn!
      There are still plenty of clean well built VW's of all generations, however most are strictly for the "stance" style or at least most that are shown in pictures and videos. My Mk2 can be seen in this video a few times at the end while parked(Helios GLI).

      I heard all week-end that I need to lower my Mk2 however it's built to be an enjoyable car to drive, I am not out there for the attention as the "stance" cars are.

    5. Member Slipstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      10,108
      Vehicles
      WRB ZC6L
      10-09-2012 10:33 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
      It explains a lot.
      And not just in this thread, either.

      I don't disagree with him about the show (I went a few years ago and it just wasn't my thing) but dude... let it go. You don't have to convince everyone that H2O sucks. Move on.
      14 torque-less wonder | 08 sorority special | seventwosix | flickr

    6. 10-09-2012 10:51 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
      I have no idea what your car looks like, but I'll try to include it.... lol


      Also quick tip for anyone that is always upset not seeing their car in pictures or videos at events like these.

      1. Do something unique: Wheels, Paint Job, Etc I know it's getting harder and harder to do something different when now weird and odd is the normal, and CCW classics are on every car, but do something you don't always see. (In a good way)

      2. Be everywhere: With photographers and videographers coming out of the woodwork to try and capture their own experience you need to go to as many meets, as many events as possible. Increase the chances of the car being seen and you will increase the chances of pictures/video. Simple


      I did see one other baby blue early westy mk1 down there, but admittedly I don't get much day time cruising in as I'm usually busy at the show both days.
      Shop Truck - Round 3: Back With a Vengeance?!

    7. Member GTI2Slow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 22nd, 2007
      Location
      New Hampshire
      Posts
      2,180
      Vehicles
      MK5 GTI, 2013 Escape Ecoboost 1.6 4WD
      10-09-2012 11:09 AM #112
      IMHO stance is cheap and that's why its so prevalent with the younger crowd looking for a scene to settle into. All you need is cut/ebay springs and some wheels with a terrible offset and you are hella flush. Performance parts are costly and don't have the visual impact that attention seekers are after.

      VW shows seemed to move away from performance and into a make specific stance-off, its not my scene and I am disappointed that there are not more performance oriented shows. I really dont plan to go back to H20, Waterfest seems okay still.

    8. Member BluMagic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2008
      Location
      snohomish, WA
      Posts
      5,086
      Vehicles
      2011 Genesis 3.8 R-spec
      10-09-2012 11:21 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
      It explains a lot.
      i hate you because it is not a honda

      i hate you because you don't track your honda

      i hate you because you don't track your honda as much as me

      i hate you because you have a nicer honda

      under 21

      sounds about right
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      He did this at 22 old. He is world strongest man. President Obama ordered him to stop but truth must come out. Buy silver in middle of week.

    9. Member jamerican1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2005
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      3,635
      Vehicles
      2008 A4 S-Line Titanium QTM, 2000 A4 QTM, 1993 Audi 90S (sold), 1992 Toyota Corolla
      10-09-2012 11:26 AM #114
      Thanx for posting the vid op. So mad I couldn't make it this year
      Unf*ckwithable

    10. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,720
      10-09-2012 11:26 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by BluMagic View Post
      i hate you because it is not a honda

      i hate you because you don't track your honda

      i hate you because you don't track your honda as much as me

      i hate you because you have a nicer honda

      under 21

      sounds about right
      I hate Honda Day. Your point is invalidated

    11. Member x_GTI_x's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2008
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      4,232
      Vehicles
      BMP 20th - 1990 Cabriolet.
      10-09-2012 11:37 AM #116
      lmao, I knew C4 A6 would be in here as soon as I saw it was VW related...

      ... had no idea it would be a 3 pg. intervention, TCL-style.








      leaving satisfied.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      No. Smell has a very strong connection in the brain with feelings... or if you're walking past A&F you might think of that chick you fingerblasted when you were 15.
      Goon Squad x Bagriders x Gengstout

    12. 10-09-2012 11:44 AM #117
      Loved that video. I got a picture of BSaint Media doing the shoot of the old benz and the RS4. I'll post it up when I get home
      @WhiteOnRice25

    13. Member Bsaint's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      West Chester, PA & Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      1,106
      Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-09-2012 11:51 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by BMP_3918 View Post
      Loved that video. I got a picture of BSaint Media doing the shoot of the old benz and the RS4. I'll post it up when I get home
      Thanks so much man that would be awesome!!!
      || Facebook | Youtube | Website | Flickr || @BsaintMedia Instagram.

    14. 10-09-2012 07:57 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
      Thanks so much man that would be awesome!!!
      As promised (not a pro like you though lol) :


      DSC_2917 by lumanlan69, on Flickr


      DSC_2916 by lumanlan69, on Flickr


      DSC_2914 by lumanlan69, on Flickr

      Not much of the RS4 either because I didn't want to get in your way
      @WhiteOnRice25

    15. Member Mtl-Marc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2006
      Location
      Mtl, QC
      Posts
      15,716
      Vehicles
      Scirocco C30 Stingray
      10-09-2012 08:12 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by kitten_puncher View Post
      There is actually a good amount of non "slammed" Vw/audi packing some serious horsepower. Those cars are often getting as much if not more respect from the majority of the crowd down there. I had a buddy dow there with a MKII Gti VRT pushing 850hp and a mkIII 4 door Golf vrt pushing 450hp they got alot of love. There is also alot of classics mkI and mkII Vw's that looked very clean and classic that were not "stanced" the videos and photos will be mainly stanced cars becuase thats what the kids wanna see its a car show not a track day. But it is quite an eclectic mix of cars down there, I think most people would be suprised.
      Exactly. Something for everybody.

      Quote Originally Posted by the brit View Post
      Been going for years, this year was fantastic.
      Nice bumping into you.


      Quote Originally Posted by benjaminobscene View Post


      I did see one other baby blue early westy mk1 down there, but admittedly I don't get much day time cruising in as I'm usually busy at the show both days.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eistreiber
      Yeah, I prefer slow-cooked bacon; and bacon grease saved is great for frying other stuff, adds some good flavor to almost anything. Except maybe tofu, that stuff is beyond help.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

    16. 10-09-2012 08:39 PM #121
      ^ omg those are clean!!
      @WhiteOnRice25

    17. Member TM87's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2008
      Location
      Windsor CT
      Posts
      11,592
      Vehicles
      VW
      10-09-2012 09:21 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by KC Jazz View Post
      i like that you "rolled your eyes" to that post.

      the fact of the matter is that you're an 18 y/o with the least fun life anyone would dream of.

      someone bought you an ITR. you post on (probably various) forums acting like you're older than 18. you don't really know anything about the car world, let alone the real world.

      you are a detriment to this forum. you contribute nothing. not one person respects what you have to say, whether it's serious, sarcastic, or in between.

      your life sucks. you take it out on the internet. we all know it. end of story. go away.

      I really assumed he was 26-30yrs old. Now I find out he is typing from moms basement and can't even drink legally
      It makes all the sense in the world.
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

    18. Member TheDarkEnergist's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2009
      Location
      Crooklyn
      Posts
      8,593
      Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      10-09-2012 09:28 PM #123
      That was some pretty good work. That red RS4 is gorgeous. I'd love to have that.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

    19. Member fahrfast's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 20th, 2010
      Location
      Lower Merion Twshp, PA, USA
      Posts
      335
      Vehicles
      2007 Passat 2.0T FSI, 1991 Miata Hard Top
      10-09-2012 09:30 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
      I know this is TCL and stuff like this never does well, but I figured I'd leave it here, hopefully some will enjoy it.


      youtube (watch in HD)

      http://youtu.be/96hSuYkA1EY?hd=1


      Vimeo (for Mobile)

      https://vimeo.com/50882176


      Comments, Likes, Shares, and Subscriptions are always appreciated, thanks everyone!

      - Steve N

      Thanks for posting - nicely shot. I imagine it was almost like being there, but without the smell of puke and stale beer :-)

    20. Member Bsaint's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      West Chester, PA & Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      1,106
      Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-09-2012 10:43 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by fahrfast View Post
      Thanks for posting - nicely shot. I imagine it was almost like being there, but without the smell of puke and stale beer :-)
      hahahah pretty much.


      Here are some quick shots from me, I don't really take photos much


      Steve's RS4 at H2Oi 2012 Night by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr


      rs4logo1 by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr


      Benz222 by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr


      H2oi Audi by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr


      RS4s by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr


      rs4s2 by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr


      rs45552 by Steve Nawrocki, on Flickr
      || Facebook | Youtube | Website | Flickr || @BsaintMedia Instagram.

    21. Banned slide13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 7th, 2012
      Location
      Toronto.
      Posts
      292
      10-09-2012 11:01 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      I hate Honda Day. Your point is invalidated
      So do i.

      And to all people hating on C4 A6, you need to get a for yourself instead of keeping track of someone else's life on the internet.

      And you guys are just a bunch of sour people who knows that you bought the wrong car. Not a single on of your cars would be able to hang with the ITR.

    22. Member SVTDanny's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2005
      Location
      Winchester, VA
      Posts
      16,875
      10-10-2012 05:46 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
      So do i.

      And to all people hating on C4 A6, you need to get a for yourself instead of keeping track of someone else's life on the internet.

      And you guys are just a bunch of sour people who knows that you bought the wrong car. Not a single on of your cars would be able to hang with the ITR.



      Where do I enroll for the C4 A6 fan club?

    23. 10-10-2012 08:42 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
      And you guys are just a bunch of sour people who knows that you bought the wrong car. Not a single on of your cars would be able to hang with the ITR.
      hang where?

      at the arcade? maybe the friday night football game? perhaps the roller rink?



      *not sure if kids still do any of these things but you get what i'm saying..
      Shop Truck - Round 3: Back With a Vengeance?!

    24. Member MatchStick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2000
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      2013 WRX 2012 Mazda5
      10-10-2012 10:41 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ts-of-H2o-2012

      look, I am not going to post here and say the show isn't fun for some people or even why. but for those wondering, it has a VERY specific appeal. you have to accept the view that some people on this site will have of this type of thing.

      on the surface, it just seems like an inordinate amount of spring break-ish behavior by people who should know better.

    25. Member euro+tuner's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2007
      Location
      Carlisle, Pa
      Posts
      2,519
      Vehicles
      Bagged Econobox
      10-10-2012 11:46 AM #130
      I enjoyed the video
      I lurk l IG: evans89411 l Flickr l BAGRIDERS l AIRLIFT l ಠ_ಠ

    26. Member Br1zzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 29th, 2003
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      4,235
      Vehicles
      '07 Spec.B
      10-10-2012 01:04 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Denniswhat View Post
      You're wrong. I think your perception of the huge party scene is mostly due to the location. OCMD is a huge party location EVERY weekend regardless of the event. I know me and my group of friends as well as most of the people I know that go, look forward to this weekend as a vacation and like to have a good time with their friends. I would say the majority of the people are there to enjoy the car scene and sounds of big turbo's screaming up and down the strip all night.

      I don't know why your so butt hurt over H20i but this was my sixth year going and had a great time as always and got to see some very awesome cars.


      Steve, awesome vid as always. When did you move to FL? Shame we didn't meet up for a few brews.
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6swap View Post
      OCPD. Freestyling their own vehicle code since about 2012 or so.

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2005
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      10,806
      Vehicles
      M-Coupe
      10-10-2012 01:41 PM #132
      Video was nice -- unfortunate that there isn't a good venue for the show any longer.
      unaffiliated

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2005
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      10,806
      Vehicles
      M-Coupe
      10-10-2012 01:49 PM #133
      Video was nice -- unfortunate that there isn't a good venue for the show any longer.
      unaffiliated

    29. Member pentaxshooter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      3,277
      Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      10-10-2012 01:50 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by MatchStick View Post
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ts-of-H2o-2012

      look, I am not going to post here and say the show isn't fun for some people or even why. but for those wondering, it has a VERY specific appeal. you have to accept the view that some people on this site will have of this type of thing.

      on the surface, it just seems like an inordinate amount of spring break-ish behavior by people who should know better.
      We are the idiots for affecting, quite literally, no one but ourselves? We weren't the idiots doing burnouts and drifting doing u-turns, we were just drinking at the house that was rented.
      Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

      Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

    30. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,720
      10-10-2012 01:55 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      We are the idiots for affecting, quite literally, no one but ourselves? We weren't the idiots doing burnouts and drifting doing u-turns, we were just drinking at the house that was rented.
      Yea but how many of you were there and how many of the idiots were there? Actually, it doesn't even matter. Even just a couple of asshats can ruin the image for the entire population. Just look at America.

    31. Member Bsaint's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      West Chester, PA & Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      1,106
      Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-10-2012 02:09 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Br1zzy View Post


      Steve, awesome vid as always. When did you move to FL? Shame we didn't meet up for a few brews.
      Thanks Eddie, and I moved down this past Summer, the now wife got a job with the government and we decided why not, could use a new change of scenery and people. So far so good, if you find yourself down in SE Florida let me know we'll grab some drinks
      || Facebook | Youtube | Website | Flickr || @BsaintMedia Instagram.

    32. Member SVTDanny's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2005
      Location
      Winchester, VA
      Posts
      16,875
      10-10-2012 02:11 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Even just a couple of asshats can ruin the image for the entire population. Just look at America.
      Yeah, just look at what you are doing for the Honda community.

    33. Member Bsaint's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2008
      Location
      West Chester, PA & Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      1,106
      Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-10-2012 02:13 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by SVTDanny View Post
      Yeah, just look at what you are doing for the Honda community.
      Bahahahahaha

      1,000 internet points for you sir.
      || Facebook | Youtube | Website | Flickr || @BsaintMedia Instagram.

    34. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,720
      10-10-2012 03:37 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by SVTDanny View Post
      Yeah, just look at what you are doing for the Honda community.
      I couldn't give 2 ****s about the Honda community. Those morons are just that, morons. It's not my fault that the ITR was made by Honda and desired by thieves.

      Nice try though.

      I'll go ahead and Honda to ITR for you though because I'm just that kind of guy. I still don't care what you think about us based off my actions. But you guys care what I think about you guys based off the actions of the others. Shame.
      Last edited by C4 A6; 10-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.

    35. Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      Southington, CT
      Posts
      1,995
      Vehicles
      '93 940, '95 SL1, '88 740, '85 740
      10-10-2012 03:46 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      I couldn't give 2 ****s about the Honda community. Those morons are just that, morons. It's not my fault that the ITR was made by Honda and desired by thieves.

      Nice try though.
      This is why you have no friends.

    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •