Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: are these lenses worth buying a D7000 maybe a D90 for

1. 10-08-2012 09:29 PM #1
      I just got a really good deal on some nikon lenses and was just wonding if it is worth buying a D7000 or maybe a D90 body for them, I currently shoot pentax and have about 6 lenses for that system but i was given some nikon lenses that i do not know much about they are older ones

nikon AF nikkr 36-105mm 1:3.5-4.5
      nikon AF nikkor 35 - 70 mm 1:2.8 D
      nikon AF nikkor 75 - 300 mm 1:4.5 - 5.6

and the last one is a AF-s Nikkor 14 - 24 mm 1:2.8G ED this lens was dropped by someone and the lens mount was all pushed in i fixed it but it over exposes by a stop or two the AF still works on it any input would be great

2. 10-08-2012 10:27 PM #2
      I've read some really good things about that old 35-70 f/2.8. Good enough to bail on a fully capable Pentax system complete with a full suite of 6 lenses? Probably not, but still pretty good.

You could grab a Nikon film camera for cheap (the Nikon N80 comes with all the modern bells and whistles you could ask for in a camera body and can be had for next for nothing) and mate it to that 35-70 and have yourself a great all around film set up.

Disclaimer:
      (film: don't knock it til ya try it )
      Last edited by peoples_car; 10-08-2012 at 10:29 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

3. 10-09-2012 07:25 AM #3
      maybe i will try a film camera again, it has been awhile but it was fun.

i knew they were old lenses so i kind of figured they would not be worth making the switch to. I Do like my pentax i just find the AF so slow and ****ty

4. 10-09-2012 10:32 AM #4
      I would pick up a used D90 off of eBay. If you decide to sell eveything, you can probably get your mony back on it.

The 35-70 is a nice lense. It is not as sharp as the modern 24-70, but color is very nice. Pics taken with it just have a look that I like.

5. 10-09-2012 12:30 PM #5
      thanks for the reply eric, i was looking online and can get a new D90 for about 630 CAD so i might go that route.

Vehicles
      '07 Mazda 3s GT, '13 Subaru Impreza Sport
      10-12-2012 05:30 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
      thanks for the reply eric, i was looking online and can get a new D90 for about 630 CAD so i might go that route.
      The only one worth keeping is the 35-70 and maybe the 12-24 - the rest aren't worth it...I would ALMOST just sell them off and beef up whatever gear I already have...OR rent a D7k and find out if it works for you and if you like using DX with those lenses...
      Quote Originally Posted by MK420TH92 View Post
      Now b/c of this im fkn paranoid about mines. For for theifs out there u better watch out... cuz im nockturnal....i dont go to sleep till 4am either.... and i bought a machette a ago... if i see u near my car im running out there and ima chop ur ass up.... real shiitt
      http://www.adventureseekers.co
      We are giants, with stars at our fingertips

7. Banned
      Vehicles
      Lot's of Nike's
      10-12-2012 05:32 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by oh noes! cars! View Post
      The only one worth keeping is the 35-70 and maybe the 12-24 - the rest aren't worth it...I would ALMOST just sell them off and beef up whatever gear I already have...OR rent a D7k and find out if it works for you and if you like using DX with those lenses...
      this