Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Thread: '69 Pan/driveline with a '62 body...

    1. Member GTrabbIt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2007
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      3,274
      Vehicles
      '11 Golf TDI
      10-09-2012 12:56 AM #1
      Any issues doing this swap? Will the older body be easy to replace the newer one?

      Here's the problem...I'll let the pictures do the talking...




























      Still runs great. As you can see my brother-in-law in that last pic is enjoying it still. My dad has found a '62 body in good shape and wants to put it on our '69 pan. When I built this car the first time I just swapped the front apron and bolt-ons and called it a '66 wannabe. Now it's time to go all out and go older. Anything I can tell my dad who owns the car now about swapping the '62 shell on there?

      Thanks in advance!
      Our mk6

      oldskoolvw.com

      DIY Garage needs funding... CLICK HERE!!

    2. Member LooseNuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2010
      Location
      the Couve
      Posts
      1,998
      Vehicles
      57 Lowlight B7
      10-09-2012 09:59 AM #2
      yes the 62 body will fit just fine.


      saw this all over facebook. so sorry brutha that really sucks. just glad everyonewas alright.
      J
      Quote Originally Posted by WideFive
      If you have to ask if it's a good trade... then it isn't a good trade.
      Quote Originally Posted by Schell R32
      ACW's aren't a watercooled APPLIANCE,it's a classic air cooled pile that takes money,patience and attitude to own it.
      http://www.facebook.com/VWLoosenuts?sk=wall www.cultwagen.com.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 4th, 2011
      Location
      Saratoga Springs, NY
      Posts
      122
      Vehicles
      1971 Standard Beetle
      10-09-2012 11:07 AM #3
      How the f*ck does that happen!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    4. Member GTrabbIt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2007
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      3,274
      Vehicles
      '11 Golf TDI
      10-09-2012 02:17 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by LooseNuts View Post
      yes the 62 body will fit just fine.


      saw this all over facebook. so sorry brutha that really sucks. just glad everyonewas alright.
      Thank you, sir! The girl that hit it was knocked unconscious for about 20 minutes, but she is back in good health now and is driving again.

      Quote Originally Posted by TerrorSwain View Post
      How the f*ck does that happen!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
      2 lane road, crossing a freeway off-ramp. The driver on the off-ramp was turning left with another car turning right. The car turning right was clear to turn and did, but the girl turning left apparently wasn't paying attention and just went when the right-turner did and smacked the side of my dad's trailer as he passed by @ about 50 mph.
      Our mk6

      oldskoolvw.com

      DIY Garage needs funding... CLICK HERE!!

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 4th, 2011
      Location
      Saratoga Springs, NY
      Posts
      122
      Vehicles
      1971 Standard Beetle
      10-09-2012 04:50 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by GTrabbIt View Post
      2 lane road, crossing a freeway off-ramp. The driver on the off-ramp was turning left with another car turning right. The car turning right was clear to turn and did, but the girl turning left apparently wasn't paying attention and just went when the right-turner did and smacked the side of my dad's trailer as he passed by @ about 50 mph.
      wow bro! glad everyone is ok, and I am excited to see this bug come back to life with a new body!

    6. Member LooseNuts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2010
      Location
      the Couve
      Posts
      1,998
      Vehicles
      57 Lowlight B7
      10-09-2012 05:41 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by TerrorSwain View Post
      wow bro! glad everyone is ok, and I am excited to see this bug come back to life with a new body!
      WERD!!
      J
      Quote Originally Posted by WideFive
      If you have to ask if it's a good trade... then it isn't a good trade.
      Quote Originally Posted by Schell R32
      ACW's aren't a watercooled APPLIANCE,it's a classic air cooled pile that takes money,patience and attitude to own it.
      http://www.facebook.com/VWLoosenuts?sk=wall www.cultwagen.com.

    7. Moderator cfvwtuner's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2001
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      1,506
      Vehicles
      00&01 Focus ZX3,01 Focus Wagon,00 Durango R/T, 89 Cabriolet, 77 Beetle, 70 Bus camper, 89 Fox coupe
      10-09-2012 08:00 PM #7
      I believe the only issue yo might have is you'll have to move the rear body mount. Otherwise almost a direct swap. Glad to see noone got hurt

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2004
      Location
      Anaheim,CA
      Posts
      2,853
      10-09-2012 11:38 PM #8

      Quote Originally Posted by GTrabbIt View Post
      Thank you, sir! The girl that hit it was knocked unconscious for about 20 minutes, but she is back in good health now and is driving again.



      2 lane road, crossing a freeway off-ramp. The driver on the off-ramp was turning left with another car turning right. The car turning right was clear to turn and did, but the girl turning left apparently wasn't paying attention and just went when the right-turner did and smacked the side of my dad's trailer as he passed by @ about 50 mph.
      Sooooo sorry this happened to you GT ,that's exactly how I figured it had to happen the moment I saw the pics.

      Quote Originally Posted by cfvwtuner View Post
      I believe the only issue you might have is you'll have to move the rear body mount. Otherwise almost a direct swap. Glad to see noone got hurt
      Yup cf ,here's your almost identical situation :
      http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207023
      from
      http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1280&bih=832
      While you have the body off send just the pan out for an alignment check ,it'll be muuuuch easier to replace any tweaked suspension parts then if neccesary .


    9. Member rabbitnothopper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2009
      Location
      D-Town REPRESENT : Texas
      Posts
      7,142
      Vehicles
      81 VW Rabbit 1.7L EN 4-speed 020 GP, 78 VW Rabbit 1.5L EH 4speed 020 GC->GP
      10-13-2012 12:01 AM #9
      .....

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •