Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: * Tips on getting your car in Photos and Videos at Events like H2Oi *

1. 10-09-2012 04:53 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
      I do try and show clean unique cars, and say what you want that squared R32 was different, it didn't look bad. Sure it wasn't the time spent that you did under your engine, but driving around the strip you could see it from a mile away.

Thanks, it was fun and it peels off. For the record I have clean cars, my cabrio placed last year at H20 and I saw one pic of it, and that was only due to my wife putting her feet on the dash.

I am in the middle of shaving my bay on the cabrio now.. its a ton of very hard work.. unless you do it, you can never really apreciate the work. I can honestly say the R32 was way more fun and interesting to see peoples reactions.

Vehicles
      2007 GTI
      10-09-2012 05:32 PM #27
      this is list is pretty good. usually if i don't shoot a car it's because it's in a bad spot or there are too many people swarming it.
      Designeddwk

flickr

Vehicles
      B5 A4
      10-09-2012 06:32 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      just don't understand seeing 300 cameras being pointed at my car on the strip and nothing gets posted .. i simply wanted a shot on the strip for my facebook coverphoto ... DUH!
      I hear yah. On two separate occasions I watched two different people take photos of my car, once at the hotel and once on the strip rolling...I even aired out for one of them Both had Canon SLR's with what looked like 24-70 L's, I have yet to find either of those pictures.

Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-09-2012 06:45 PM #29
      Another thing you have to remember everyone.

A photographer will take thousands of photos during an event like H2oi and takes a long time to go through them. When there are THAT many of them they will be selective of their favorite stuff.

Thats where some of my tips come into play, if you staged your car, it's clean and the shot has potential they won't pass it up while editing their batch of photo's and most likely you will see it. But if it's just in a parking lot and parked there, you probably will get skipped during the editing process.

Just because a guy snaps a shot of your car with his expensive camera/gear doesn't mean a thing.

Another thing when meeting or talking to the photographer will help, if he KNOWS you are going to be looking for shots of your car, or help him promote his work. He will without a doubt edit even the most craptastic shot of your ride to make you happy. Because well... you met him/her and hopefully you were nice.
      Last edited by Bsaint; 10-09-2012 at 06:48 PM.
      || Facebook | Youtube | Website | Flickr || @BsaintMedia Instagram.

Vehicles
      2007 GTI
      10-09-2012 06:59 PM #30
      Just because a guy snaps a shot of your car with his expensive camera/gear doesn't mean a thing.

Another thing when meeting or talking to the photographer will help, if he KNOWS you are going to be looking for shots of your car, or help him promote his work. He will without a doubt edit even the most craptastic shot of your ride to make you happy. Because well... you met him/her and hopefully you were nice.

this. also, not ever shot comes out. sure their digital and can be reviewed immediately afteward, but sometimes things are visible in larger format that ruin the shot (i.e. slightly out of focus).

and it's always nice when people are outwardly receptive to having their cars shot. i (we?) don't necessarily want a big hug or anything awkward, but a 'hey thanks for taking a shot of my car, is there a place where you'll be uploading them?' is always well received. you could always give them an email address too if you really want the shots. i think most photo people would be open to that.
      Designeddwk

flickr

Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-09-2012 07:06 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by apollosfury View Post
      this. also, not ever shot comes out. sure their digital and can be reviewed immediately afteward, but sometimes things are visible in larger format that ruin the shot (i.e. slightly out of focus).

and it's always nice when people are outwardly receptive to having their cars shot. i (we?) don't necessarily want a big hug or anything awkward, but a 'hey thanks for taking a shot of my car, is there a place where you'll be uploading them?' is always well received. you could always give them an email address too if you really want the shots. i think most photo people would be open to that.
      Yup without a doubt I don't mind, this is even how I met a lot of my really good friends now. Meets, events taking pictures talking on forums .. just talking.

Vehicles
      2009 A5, 2007 GTI, 2003 GLI, 2002 TT, 1987 Cabriolet
      10-09-2012 07:46 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post
      I hear yah. On two separate occasions I watched two different people take photos of my car, once at the hotel and once on the strip rolling...I even aired out for one of them Both had Canon SLR's with what looked like 24-70 L's, I have yet to find either of those pictures.

Were either of those occasions at 61st Street? I was only out there on Friday for a few hours in the afternoon but got about 1100 'decent' shots. I was shooting with a Canon 40d and a 24-70 L lens so that's why I ask... I have to admit that I shot pretty much any car I thought might be there for the event whether they were VAG or non VAG, show worthy or not. I know people like to see shots of their cars in action on the strip so I just sat/stood there and clicked away on whatever showed up through the viewfinder

My editing skills leave much to be desired learning how to use p-shop is on my list
      GSE - Granite State European
      flickr - ig: meechelle_k

My GTI Build Thread - The Long & Winding Road MKV Version!

Vehicles
      JB 20th 3769(sold), Jazz Blue BT 20th(Sold), DBP R33...T, 2005 Aspen STi(gone), 97 jeep!
      10-09-2012 08:25 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      no not at all .. i own a t2i with a few lenses and my brother does professional cinematography .. if i wanted photos or videos i would ask

just don't understand seeing 300 cameras being pointed at my car on the strip and nothing gets posted .. i simply wanted a shot on the strip for my facebook coverphoto ... DUH!
      its ok Mitch im swapping to a 1.9 diesel with a 4 inch strait pipe...Chris ( DR.B) and i already talked about it ....... open wastegate doesnt make videos, sh*ts old news

Vehicles
      JB 20th 3769(sold), Jazz Blue BT 20th(Sold), DBP R33...T, 2005 Aspen STi(gone), 97 jeep!
      10-09-2012 08:26 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by meechelle View Post
      Were either of those occasions at 61st Street? I was only out there on Friday for a few hours in the afternoon but got about 1100 'decent' shots. I was shooting with a Canon 40d and a 24-70 L lens so that's why I ask... I have to admit that I shot pretty much any car I thought might be there for the event whether they were VAG or non VAG, show worthy or not. I know people like to see shots of their cars in action on the strip so I just sat/stood there and clicked away on whatever showed up through the viewfinder

My editing skills leave much to be desired learning how to use p-shop is on my list
      The shot you got of my car is great i love it, Thanks!

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      10-09-2012 08:52 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by andresito360 View Post
      I had the only modded 996TT there and my car is nowhere to be found hahaha

if you want a car to be shot or whatever just pay to have someone do it and that is it..
      Weren't you the one that ruined a 911 turbo with ridiculous negative camber and lowering it on the ground?

I'd have taken a photo for my own collection if it weren't ruined.
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

Vehicles
      MK6 TR GTI MK4 TR GLI (SOLD)
      10-10-2012 12:16 PM #36
      I agree. You did get a small glimpse of my car at the show @0:41 of the video.. but its kind of behind my friends gti lol. I had the Tornado Red Gli with the Euro Plate RedSauce. Awesome video btw.
      Stay Classy Instagram @mikecaccioppoli

H&R Ultra Lows, GHL Catback, Stage 2 intake, Stage 1+ coming soon

RedSauce

12. Junior Member *~vdub.girl~*'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      96 golf
      10-10-2012 02:14 PM #37
      [QUOTE=Bsaint;79280689]
      My video from H2oi http://youtu.be/96hSuYkA1EY?hd=1

Great video, how long did it take you to edit that?

Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-10-2012 02:37 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by *~vdub.girl~* View Post
      My video from H2oi http://youtu.be/96hSuYkA1EY?hd=1

Great video, how long did it take you to edit that?
      Probably anywhere between 50-60 hours, not to bad.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      09 tiguan, 911tt, na miata
      10-10-2012 03:19 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      Weren't you the one that ruined a 911 turbo with ridiculous negative camber and lowering it on the ground?

I'd have taken a photo for my own collection if it weren't ruined.
      That car is not a turbo.. A regular carrera with a gt3 spoiler and not so functional mods

This is my car, all mods are functional for track and performance
      Last edited by andresito360; 10-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Vehicles
      Pan Scraper
      10-10-2012 04:40 PM #40
      Probably anywhere between 50-60 hours, not to bad.
      Say whatt dang

What editing program are you using?

Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-10-2012 05:02 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty_ View Post
      Say whatt dang

What editing program are you using?
      Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects

Here is a screen shot I instagramed while editing.

17. 10-10-2012 06:12 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by andresito360 View Post
      I had the only modded 996TT there and my car is nowhere to be found hahaha

if you want a car to be shot or whatever just pay to have someone do it and that is it..

def not. my friend got approached by pvw to have his, another friend and the mk5 cabby to be shot

Vehicles
      99 golf, 03 jetta
      10-10-2012 08:08 PM #43
      OR do nonstop laps around the strip

Vehicles
      Sciroccos C30 SR71
      10-10-2012 10:11 PM #44

And if you repost the picture or rehost, ie facebook or something else, a nice gesture is to give credit about who shot the picture.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eistreiber
      Yeah, I prefer slow-cooked bacon; and bacon grease saved is great for frying other stuff, adds some good flavor to almost anything. Except maybe tofu, that stuff is beyond help.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Vehicles
      2009 A5, 2007 GTI, 2003 GLI, 2002 TT, 1987 Cabriolet
      10-10-2012 10:17 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Mtl-Marc View Post
      And if you repost the picture or rehost, ie facebook or something else, a nice gesture is to give credit about who shot the picture.
      this
      GSE - Granite State European
      flickr - ig: meechelle_k

My GTI Build Thread - The Long & Winding Road MKV Version!

Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-10-2012 10:52 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Mtl-Marc View Post
      YES, always, people are really bad at this and think it's no big deal.

Then they wonder why we start putting huge watermarks all over stuff. Obviously copyright is done as soon as the shutter is clicked, that picture is the photographers property. People don't look, but there is a little button on facebook that asks "do you own the copyrights to this image etc etc" most people don't see it and just upload. But if a photographer really wanted he could sue the **** out you for even uploading it.

PLEASE if you are going to upload a photo credit the photographer or even just use the "share" option from his/her page.

22. Banned
      Vehicles
      If I told you I'd be banned from TCL
      10-10-2012 11:06 PM #47
      Lol this thread is stupid, for many reasons.

Vehicles
      06 MKV GLI & 07 Fahrenheit
      10-10-2012 11:58 PM #48
      Do you want the most photos from h2oi?

have your girl wear yoga pants and stay by ur car. It will have PLENTY of photos..

Vehicles
      Collection of German
      10-11-2012 08:50 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry@TheRacersEdge View Post
      Lol this thread is stupid, for many reasons.
      Ironic coming for you...

25. Junior Member *~vdub.girl~*'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      96 golf
      10-11-2012 11:56 AM #50
      Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects

Here is a screen shot I instagramed while editing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast