Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Thread: Vacuum lines disconnected. Destination locations? 91 Passat 16V

    1. Member markeysscirocco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2006
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      807
      Vehicles
      87' VW 16V Scirocco 2.0 1.8 T3/T4 Hybrid/91' 16V Passat GL Wagon
      10-09-2012 10:34 AM #1
      Just bought a 91 Passat with no time to wait on a Bentley for this week and running to a issue with the green and white nylon lines destination locations. Meaning where do they go to? Then I have one larger one that no hose that comes off a 90 deg boot in front of fuel dizzy. It looks like it comes off two valves stacked on top of each other. Thanks in advance! Ill have pics up this evening!
      I like Turbo's
      Markeysscirocco

    2. Banned ellocolindo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2010
      Posts
      4,542
      10-09-2012 09:34 PM #2
      have a look at this one. you need to expain a bit more details.
      the 90 degree i think you are talking of the cback of the intake manifold.
      the other 22 lines youi mention; one should be the vaccum line to the hvac recirculating flap inside the car by the passenger side footwell; it goes through the firewall at the heater core; the othe rline goes ot the vaccum signal for the cruise control pump on the driver side fender well area behind the battery ; i think.

    3. Member markeysscirocco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2006
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      807
      Vehicles
      87' VW 16V Scirocco 2.0 1.8 T3/T4 Hybrid/91' 16V Passat GL Wagon
      10-09-2012 11:56 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by ellocolindo View Post
      have a look at this one. you need to expain a bit more details.
      the 90 degree i think you are talking of the cback of the intake manifold.
      the other 22 lines youi mention; one should be the vaccum line to the hvac recirculating flap inside the car by the passenger side footwell; it goes through the firewall at the heater core; the othe rline goes ot the vaccum signal for the cruise control pump on the driver side fender well area behind the battery ; i think.
      Well the one I fore mentioned (90 Deg off a valve) goes to the throttle body
      I like Turbo's
      Markeysscirocco

    4. Member markeysscirocco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2006
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      807
      Vehicles
      87' VW 16V Scirocco 2.0 1.8 T3/T4 Hybrid/91' 16V Passat GL Wagon
      10-10-2012 12:02 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by markeysscirocco View Post
      Well the one I fore mentioned (90 Deg off a valve) goes to the throttle body
      Update:
      I like Turbo's
      Markeysscirocco

    5. Banned ellocolindo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 14th, 2010
      Posts
      4,542
      10-10-2012 12:10 AM #5
      those in the picture are your purge valves. actuated by the ecu to burn up the vapors form the fuel tank.
      the grey color round valve has a clear hose coming from underneath the airbox where inside the passenger fender area is located the charcoal canister.
      the canoster collects the fumes form the fuel tank.

      the black one connected ot the grey one through a black 2" long rubber hose; is the one that when excited by the ecu opens the passage to the TB as you mention before and the fumes are burnt or recirculated into the engine to be used up.

      what other hose connections are you trying to solve?

    6. Member markeysscirocco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2006
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      807
      Vehicles
      87' VW 16V Scirocco 2.0 1.8 T3/T4 Hybrid/91' 16V Passat GL Wagon
      10-11-2012 02:11 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by ellocolindo View Post
      those in the picture are your purge valves. actuated by the ecu to burn up the vapors form the fuel tank.
      the grey color round valve has a clear hose coming from underneath the airbox where inside the passenger fender area is located the charcoal canister.
      the canoster collects the fumes form the fuel tank.

      the black one connected ot the grey one through a black 2" long rubber hose; is the one that when excited by the ecu opens the passage to the TB as you mention before and the fumes are burnt or recirculated into the engine to be used up.

      what other hose connections are you trying to solve?
      One other thing, is this head the same torque specs as the 1.8 16v head?!
      I like Turbo's
      Markeysscirocco

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •