Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watch Out!! Dealership might take your beloved car for a Ferris bueller Joy Ride

Vehicles
      VW
      10-09-2012 10:56 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by kraut_pauer79 View Post
      Unbelievable. They trash the guy's car then they get surly about it and lawyer up. I hope this is just one more nail in the coffin of dealerships.
      I can't wait for them all to die out. In today's world they are out dated and not needed.
      We want OEM stores.
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

Vehicles
      '11 GTI, '12 Evoque
      10-09-2012 10:56 PM #27
      Makes me want to buy a recorder..

3. 10-09-2012 11:09 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Old Windy View Post
      Sorry to ask but what case is that?
      Off the top of my head without digging, guys wins eBay bid for less than the car was worth, dealer had no reserve and wouldn't sell the guy the car; internet ****storm, guy gets car.
      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      You must be a professional troll in real life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

4. 10-09-2012 11:18 PM #29
      Behavior like this should warrant jail sentence.

5. 10-09-2012 11:21 PM #30
      Basically they took their facebook page down, and now some poor dealer named Best Chevrolet in LA is getting the ****storm ugh.
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

10-09-2012 11:27 PM #31
      I got a job at a dealership because I like cars.

These joyriders are what make me hate waking up in the morning, because they have made the general public think that their car is going to get abused and then they are gonna get ripped off when they come in for service.

Not that I feel like I can trust anyone I work with in the first place, but thats another story.

7. 10-09-2012 11:32 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by AeroWagon View Post
      I got a job at a dealership because I like cars.

These joyriders are what make me hate waking up in the morning, because they have made the general public think that their car is going to get abused and then they are gonna get ripped off when they come in for service, try to trade in their car, or plain purchase or lease a car.

Not that I feel like I can trust anyone I work with in the first place, but thats another story.
      FTFY

Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      10-09-2012 11:41 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by mike in SC View Post
      I heard about this yesterday. I drive past this dealer on my way to and from work.

Apparently this has happened before with another dealer, hence the recorder. I'm waiting for it to hit local news.
      local news? its already made national news
      it already made its way to yahoo.com front page , where you have those articles rotating , so they are most recent.
      yahoo said that dealer asked them to remove the article because according to the dealer's lawyer ::
      ""A lawyer for Best Chevrolet, in a request to Yahoo Autos to take down this story, told us in an email that the audio was "misleadingly edited." Clark has said the dealership has threatened to sue him over the audio, but has also spoken with him about buying the Camaro back. The dealership may soon learn that in the Internet era, one burnt clutch can create quite the stink.

UPDATE: General Motors says in a statement that if the recording is valid it does not condone the behavior described, and that it is "actively working closely with the dealer to resolve this situation to the customer's satisfaction.""

Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      10-09-2012 11:49 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Breadvan View Post
      Behavior like this should warrant jail sentence.
      Arguably this could be a vehicle theft, at leats under California law. Maybe vandalism.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

10. Member
      10-10-2012 12:09 AM #35
      every dealer is a scam though lmao

11. Member
      10-10-2012 12:13 AM #36
      and plus the people in the recording sound like kids.

12. 10-10-2012 01:45 AM #37
      Bleh, Josh took his facebook down

Vehicles
      01 miata SE, 97 jetta vr6, 95 rover
      10-10-2012 02:26 AM #38
      i work as a valet over the weekends for some nicer locations...i dont **** with the nice cars i drive, i park them and do everything i can to make sure they are picked up in the same condition they are dropped off as. yes it can be tempting, ive driven amgs, bentleys, gtr's, cts-v's, porsche's etc, but i'm decent enough to have some restraint and know not to mess with someone else's property. people work hard for their money, and when they choose to buy a nice car, i respect that. if i had a 40,000 new car and some tech took it for a joyride, i'd be pissed. ****ty people these days, no one is honest anymore.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vdubztar03 View Post
      the driver seat the ajustment forword an back either came undun or snaped so seats is ware it is untill fixed perfect for me but if your taller or shorter will be a prob for u

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      10-10-2012 02:31 AM #39
      A friend of mine told me a story about our local benz dealership taking an AMG out for a joyride when some old guy had dropped off his car for an oil change. The guy had GPS tracking and logging on it and showed the manager the path where he took the car to 160 on a 60mph highway. Tech got fired.
      Last edited by thefrese; 10-10-2012 at 03:32 AM.
      All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      10-10-2012 07:41 AM #40
      Today's world no one has respect for one another! If it isn't yours have respect for that persons property!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Laz

Many people enjoy eating apples and oranges, but in the end they are still… just apples and oranges. The R32 is passion fruit. . Live Long and Prosper.

Vehicles
      Mk1, Canyonero
      10-10-2012 08:29 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6fanatic View Post
      Today's world no one has respect for one another! If it isn't yours have respect for that persons property!!

x2!!
      Easy like Sunday Morning.

Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2004 Ford Escape
      10-10-2012 08:32 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      Arguably this could be a vehicle theft, at leats under California law. Maybe vandalism.
      In Ohio it would be Criminal Damaging and definitely could get folks in jail for a month or two.

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      10-10-2012 09:07 AM #43
      Their Yelp page has been decimated.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-chevrolet-easley

2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5 [current]
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-10-2012 09:53 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by CASH CURES A.D.D View Post
      every dealer is a scam though lmao
      You sir are an idiot. A generalization at best, and at the VW dealer I work for there is definitely none of this. And while the techs might occasionally price things out they aren't 100% certain about, it's more about it being the most likely cause than trying to get extra money. We don't sell stuff customers don't need. Some dealerships are bad, yes, but it doesn't mean they all are. Get your head out of your ass and actually try thinking for yourself occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by pillows View Post
      i work as a valet over the weekends for some nicer locations...i dont **** with the nice cars i drive, i park them and do everything i can to make sure they are picked up in the same condition they are dropped off as. yes it can be tempting, ive driven amgs, bentleys, gtr's, cts-v's, porsche's etc, but i'm decent enough to have some restraint and know not to mess with someone else's property. people work hard for their money, and when they choose to buy a nice car, i respect that. if i had a 40,000 new car and some tech took it for a joyride, i'd be pissed. ****ty people these days, no one is honest anymore.
      Yea I was a valet for a couple years and this guy brought in a Ford GT; just amazing. It is one of my favorite cars and it has an intake tune and full exhaust; but I parked it and stared at it. I might just own a Jetta, but I would be pissed if someone beat on it regardless of the situation (unless I tell them to "get on it" but that's still not beating the piss out of it)

If I was that guy I would have walked into that dealership loud as hell about it, making sure every customer there heard me. Not only were they destroying his car, they were calling him a jackass and just being immature. They don't deserve to ever work around cars again.
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      I said dance bitch. Dance.

Vehicles
      MkIV R32 (R.I.P), E36 M3 Sedan
      10-10-2012 10:30 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by dieselraver View Post
      whatever happened to the guy with the smashed up M5?
      He ended up winning in court. Judgement ended up around $90k, 1/3 of which went to attorneys. He cleared in the neighborhood of $60k.

Vehicles
      '08 135i, '00 4runner, '85 Huntsman (Toyota) RV
      10-10-2012 10:40 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by CASH CURES A.D.D View Post
      and plus the people in the recording sound like kids.
      Not only that, but they don't know what they hell they're talking about. The one guy kept going on about how a second gear pull will fry a clutch, and that's just nonsense. Slipping is what damages a clutch, and that's not happening on a stock Camaro unless your foot is on the clutch pedal.

22. 10-10-2012 10:46 AM #47
      Does anyone know what recorder this guy used? I'm assuming it was voice/noise activated, and had to have lasted at least 60+ hours on a single charge. Looking around I cant find anything inconspicuous to place in the car.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      02 GTI, 72 Pontiac Catalina, 03 Elantra
      10-10-2012 10:49 AM #48
      stuff like this is doubly infuriating in that not only does it cause problems for the owner of the car, it causes problems for every other automotive service center in the country.

Every time something like this gets reported people will flood dealerships with complaints thinking just because it happened there it happens everywhere.

People don't understand that for the most part, what reason do dealerships have to joyride in a car that is brought in, there's always something brand new and usually something nicer on the lot that an employee would have access to.

Vehicles
      '10 GOLF TDI
      10-10-2012 10:58 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      Their Yelp page has been decimated.
      http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-chevrolet-easley
      damn, people went all out with 1 star (the least you can give)
      but i really do wonder, how much damage will this really do to the dealer? i wonder if most people being first time buyers if they'll ever even hear of it, or will they even remember the name of the dealer when looking to buy/service?

o and i wonder what would happen if one was to have a dash cam installed thats hard wired and always recording and even motion sensitive when car is OFF? do you think tech's would just unplug the cam?

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-10-2012 11:10 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by romanl View Post
      damn, people went all out with 1 star (the least you can give)
      but i really do wonder, how much damage will this really do to the dealer? i wonder if most people being first time buyers if they'll ever even hear of it, or will they even remember the name of the dealer when looking to buy/service?

o and i wonder what would happen if one was to have a dash cam installed thats hard wired and always recording and even motion sensitive when car is OFF? do you think tech's would just unplug the cam?
      That's when you have it wired to where the car will not start with the cam unplugged Teach those sneaky bastards
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      I said dance bitch. Dance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast