Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A yo Dawg, I heard you liked Bullying...

Vehicles
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      10-11-2012 08:11 AM #36
      Comments

Until the world is filled with parents who raise their children not to be bullies, there are a few things you can do to protect your child that Preston's parents did not do.

1. Don't name your child Preston
      2. Don't ever let them leave the house with that haircut.

Call it victim blaming if you feel so inclined, but people who don't take into account the fact that bullies are a real thing & adjust their behavior accordingly .... are sort of stupid.
      Some kids are just born with oddly punchable traits. This kid, complete with bowl haircut...is one of those kids.

I really do feel for him, but I'd have probably attempted to kick his ass at some point too.

Thing is, it takes very deft parents to nurture a child like this to overcome said ass kickings. I'm willing to bet his parents aren't those parents.
      When I was bullied as a child, my mom assured me it was because the bullies were "just jealous" of my many talents in music and theater.

When my kids get bullied, I'm going to assure them the bullies are "just *******s" and teach them to go for the nuts or the temple the moment someone lays hands on them.
      Perhaps someone should make this personal for Michael Doerrer and members of the school district administration. If physical intimidation and bullying is tolerated within the district it should be an option for conflict resolution at all levels. I imagine that would make various meetings much more interesting.
      Sadly, punching the bully in the face really is the only way to get them to stop. You HAVE to stand up for yourself. Complaining and getting the bully little punishments only serves to piss the person off even more, and when the bully getting punished goes home and his parents don't care, it just exacerbates the problem. You can say what you want, but giving little talks doesn't stop some sociopathic little ****head from being a dick. Getting hurt, though? That sure does.
      The worst thing about bullying is that the victims of bullying will grow up, get jobs in middle management, and treat their employees like complete ****. Every horrible boss I've ever had probably got the **** kicked out of them when they were kids. I feel sorry for you now Preston, but **** you Future Preston.
      I don't care what Smuckers commercials say, childhood is actually pretty horrible.
      I slept with that Comm Director's wife. Does that count as bullying? Also, the faux outrage the bullied kid is using makes me want to bully him more...

Vehicles
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI. 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6. 2015 Forester (Wife)
      10-11-2012 08:37 AM #37
      LOL Fredneck. Had it been PG, there would have been a full on firefight.

Don't ever let them leave the house with that haircut.
      All the white(non-hisp) kids in our school district have that haircut. All 4 of them.
      Bro, do you even lift? When you only have 90 horsepower, you don't ever lift.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI - 1996 GTI VR6 - YouTube Track Videos - flickr

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      10-11-2012 08:44 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by svantevid View Post
      The fact that kid was punished despite the existence of the video pisses me off to no end.
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Injustice View Post
      Wow such Canagay. Much hairy. So cuddles.

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      10-11-2012 09:06 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by gawker comment
      Until the world is filled with parents who raise their children not to be bullies, there are a few things you can do to protect your child that Preston's parents did not do.

1. Don't name your child Preston
      2. Don't ever let them leave the house with that haircut.

Call it victim blaming if you feel so inclined, but people who don't take into account the fact that bullies are a real thing & adjust their behavior accordingly .... are sort of stupid.
      My mom used to say "Kids will find any reason to pick on other kids if they want to. But you don't need to give them more reasons."

10-11-2012 09:19 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenspanator View Post
      Comments
      Those are hilarious.

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      10-11-2012 12:35 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      The fact that kid was punished despite the existence of the video pisses me off to no end.
      This is what's fundamentally wrong with Western culture in raising kids.

We give kids all the power, parents can't touch them so they're mouthy and disrespectful. Kids can't stand up for themselves so they endure bullying.

I'll tell my kids what my dad taught me "some things are worth getting charged or in trouble over".

As long as you're defending yourself it's worth time off school etc. Nobody should be victimized on a daily basis with no recourse. "Getting in trouble" doesn't stop the bullying or kids from being *******s to their parents/teachers/classmates so why should "getting in trouble" stop you from defending yourself and punching them in the throat?

7. Member
      10-11-2012 12:38 PM #42
      What happened to the "good 'ol days" when you would just hold them down and shave their heads.

8. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      10-11-2012 12:42 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by JettaGT8V80 View Post
      i understand "bullying" is a "thing" now but WTF happened to standing up for yourself

i was "bullied" in high school too the day you stand up for yourself it stops, stop being a pushover the kid was running towards him just calmly step aside and trip him boom he falls flat on his face

i guess this is waht happens when kids are raised in a everyone gets a trophy society
      x543654765876990
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      10-11-2012 12:43 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      This is what's fundamentally wrong with Western culture in raising kids.

We give kids all the power, parents can't touch them so they're mouthy and disrespectful. Kids can't stand up for themselves so they endure bullying.

I'll tell my kids what my dad taught me "some things are worth getting charged or in trouble over".

As long as you're defending yourself it's worth time off school etc. Nobody should be victimized on a daily basis with no recourse. "Getting in trouble" doesn't stop the bullying or kids from being *******s to their parents/teachers/classmates so why should "getting in trouble" stop you from defending yourself and punching them in the throat?
      I agree. However, it would be even better if kids didn't have to worry about being disciplined for defending themselves.....especially when there is strong evidence that there were doing just that.
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Injustice View Post
      Wow such Canagay. Much hairy. So cuddles.

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      10-11-2012 12:46 PM #45
      I agree. However, it would be even better if kids didn't have to worry about being disciplined for defending themselves.....especially when there is strong evidence that there were doing just that.
      Absolutely. It is utter bull**** that we've reduced ourselves to this level as a society where we put all the power in the hands of those who respect it the least and we spend the most money/time on legislating the protection of these morons. We spend all of our time catering to the lowest common denominator.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-12-2012 11:07 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by JettaGT8V80 View Post
      i understand "bullying" is a "thing" now but WTF happened to standing up for yourself

i was "bullied" in high school too the day you stand up for yourself it stops, stop being a pushover the kid was running towards him just calmly step aside and trip him boom he falls flat on his face

i guess this is waht happens when kids are raised in a everyone gets a trophy society
      It's called getting expelled or arrested. Used to be you could punch a kid a few times and maybe get suspended for it. Now, the cops come to your school, put you in hand cuffs, and cart you off to jail.

I worked at a children's shelter part time for a little extra cash and one of the girls in there was taken away from her family and forced to stay there because she assaulted the vice principal. And by assault, she threw a pencil at him. Of course, he problem did something stupid to tick her off, but that's doesn't matter when he's the adult and she's now in a sort of temporary foster home.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-12-2012 11:14 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      LOL Fredneck. Had it been PG, there would have been a full on firefight.

All the white(non-hisp) kids in our school district have that haircut. All 4 of them.
      I went to Brunswick middle and had some kid that was just constantly trying to pick on me and ****. I'm not a very confrontational person, but I had enough one day and got a nice vacation after pushing him down in the band room and punching him in the face until a teacher showed up. My parents rented me some movies and told me to have fun while I was off from school and that little asshat never even looked at me again.

Somethine similar happened in high school. The dick head finally sat next to me in English class and made a nice large line on a white polo T I was wearing at the time. I hit him in the face a couple of times without the sub noticing and told him to STFU or else I would keep going. I got a call to the VP's office next class and a week's worth of vacation. That asshat tried to be my friend afterwards.

Vehicles
      2003 Miata SE, 2002 Z51 Corvette
      10-12-2012 11:27 AM #48
      i agree.
      Regarding DD'ing a tuned Evo:
      Quote Originally Posted by SchrickVR6 View Post
      It's composed at all speeds and at all times...it just feels like you're holding the leash on a 150lb pit bull and praying you don't see a squirrel.

Vehicles
      '07 Jetta 2.0t
      10-12-2012 01:45 PM #49
      Amanda Todd

GO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12