Hey everyone, I got this car through a friend. It was his grandmothers that he drove into town once a week to get groceries for like 10 years. It ran great and then sat for awhile, so I got it and got her running again. Things I did
- 72k ORIGINAL MILES
- Main tank fuel pump
- Fuel Filter
- All brake lines/brakes
- Coolant temp sensor
- new belts
- Stereo (speakers are good, head unit is dated)
- Plug Wires
- Distributor Cap
- I've been told these are the nicest seats anyone has seen in a Mk2.
- Interior Quality is pretty mint
- Body is pretty clean, with a nice clay/polish/etc would really make it shine.
- Some kind of mount is bad, maybe engine mounts, no idea, it rattles a bit
- Trans will take a second to catch sometimes, not sure what it needs
- Could use some hoses and things. I don't know this 1.8L motor at all and don't have time anymore with my new job
- Uses a push-start button now because something was going on with the trigger wire to the starter. A shop did it. I think it's pretty badass, but I thought I'd note it here
- Not running at the moment (ran last week) it will be running when I can get to it, but if you want it right now (could be a $20 part) I'll make a good deal
- The coolant light flashes on the dash I'd say half the time. Not sure what it is but I don't mind it much
- Has a light tapping, not sure if its normal for the lifters but it's had it for 6 months and been a champ
- Needs a front grill
- Plastic piece in the door fell out
- Mirror cover (on the inside) needs to be put back
- Door trim piece needs to be put back
- Dent in the rear-right side of the car (not big at all)
- Trunk is a little hard to close sometimes.
- Tiny bit of rust on the front passenger side lower door
$1500 firm or trade for Passat/A4/Jetta Wagon
Last edited by AudiA4_18T; 05-09-2013 at 05:23 PM.
back up, best offer takes it. I've been DDing this thing for ~9 months now, but the trans has been slipping a bit. Still works but I don't know how long. Looked into a trans swap but I don't have any desire to do that.