Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2003 A4 + Blitzsafe = low volume output. help?

Vehicles
      VAG in my pocket
      10-10-2012 02:02 PM #1
      Hi, just wanted to preface by saying I used to professionally install car audio and am comfortable with anything really, and I still work in the electronics field, so I'm not scared to rip my blitzsafe adapter apart and modify it if that is what's needed....

Here's my problem:
      My radio's volume is nice and loud through the FM radio, or in-dash CD's, but with the blitzsafe adapter, it's about 1/2-1/3 as loud as the other inputs, so I have to turn my radio's volume all the way up to enjoy using it.

Here's my setup:
      -2003 Audi A4 w/out bose, 6-disc in-dash changer, 100% factory audio setup.
      -Blitzsafe AUDIiPod AUDI MLINK1 V1 B
      -iPhone 4

----

I have found similar threads with my problem but not really any answers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Blitzsafe technical support replied to me saying:

"hi, our interface volume is been design to mach with the cd changer volume , not with FM,AM radio station , they all change levels of volume."
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      wow.... thanks?

Any help or direction is MUCH appreciated. Here's some e-brews

-Hoyt
      Last edited by OrangeDUB; 10-10-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      10-10-2012 10:53 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDUB View Post
      Hi, just wanted to preface by saying I used to professionally install car audio and am comfortable with anything really, and I still work in the electronics field, so I'm not scared to rip my blitzsafe adapter apart and modify it if that is what's needed....

Here's my problem:
      My radio's volume is nice and loud through the FM radio, or in-dash CD's, but with the blitzsafe adapter, it's about 1/2-1/3 as loud as the other inputs, so I have to turn my radio's volume all the way up to enjoy using it.

Here's my setup:
      -2003 Audi A4 w/out bose, 6-disc in-dash changer, 100% factory audio setup.
      -Blitzsafe AUDIiPod AUDI MLINK1 V1 B
      -iPhone 4

----

I have found similar threads with my problem but not really any answers.

Blitzsafe technical support replied to me saying:

"hi, our interface volume is been design to mach with the cd changer volume , not with FM,AM radio station , they all change levels of volume."
      wow.... thanks?

Any help or direction is MUCH appreciated. Here's some e-brews

-Hoyt
      I do a lot of iPod integration but not a lot of the blitzsafe ones on Audis. The last Audi I did with the Blitzsafe was absolutely fine for volume. Couldn't remember if it was Bose.

Replace the radio
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

Vehicles
      VAG in my pocket
      10-11-2012 11:54 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by NFrazier View Post
      I do a lot of iPod integration but not a lot of the blitzsafe ones on Audis. The last Audi I did with the Blitzsafe was absolutely fine for volume. Couldn't remember if it was Bose.

Replace the radio
      Any recommendations on a replacement? Aftermarket or OEM... Nav isn't too desirable; I have a tomtom.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      10-12-2012 10:43 AM #4
      Any recommendations on a replacement? Aftermarket or OEM... Nav isn't too desirable; I have a tomtom.
      Personally I'd do an AVH-P4400BH if you don't care about navigation.

Bluetooth hands free and audio streaming
      HD radio built-in
      DVD
      Full 7" screen
      direct ipod control (cable needed)
      3 sets of 4 volt preouts
      there's more features.

I wouldn't do a single din because of the space that u have, mind as well use it.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      10-12-2012 04:43 PM #5
      ive never used the blitzsafe piece, but with the other 2 (isimple, and an old pac piece) that ive used, volume had always left a little something to be desired...

i would upgrade to an aftermarket unit, if youre not ultra concerned about maintaining a factory look.

Vehicles
      VAG in my pocket
      10-12-2012 07:20 PM #6
      Personally I'd do an AVH-P4400BH if you don't care about navigation.

Bluetooth hands free and audio streaming
      HD radio built-in
      DVD
      Full 7" screen
      direct ipod control (cable needed)
      3 sets of 4 volt preouts
      there's more features.

I wouldn't do a single din because of the space that u have, mind as well use it.
      Quote Originally Posted by blazerpounds View Post
      ive never used the blitzsafe piece, but with the other 2 (isimple, and an old pac piece) that ive used, volume had always left a little something to be desired...

i would upgrade to an aftermarket unit, if youre not ultra concerned about maintaining a factory look.
      Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the only one with a similar experience. I feel a bit let down by their "technical support" but maybe it is what it is.

I'll look at that deck. Features change so much over the years... I've been a kenwood head unit fan but pioneer always seems to haw a quality deck and in the past usually had the most RMS power output. 4v preouts are nice as well, considering that the rear signals go to the rear factory amp that powers the rear speakers and sub.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      10-12-2012 10:32 PM #7
      Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the only one with a similar experience. I feel a bit let down by their "technical support" but maybe it is what it is.

I'll look at that deck. Features change so much over the years... I've been a kenwood head unit fan but pioneer always seems to haw a quality deck and in the past usually had the most RMS power output. 4v preouts are nice as well, considering that the rear signals go to the rear factory amp that powers the rear speakers and sub.
      Hit me up if you'd like I can probably get you a deal on the equipment.

Vehicles
      VAG in my pocket
      10-12-2012 11:31 PM #8
      Hit me up if you'd like I can probably get you a deal on the equipment.
      Sending PM now