VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

REFRESHED: 2013 Rolls Royce Phantom

18K views 92 replies 50 participants last post by  Son 
#1 · (Edited)
Looks like it finally gets some cosmetic changes...
They got rid of the TCL hated round lights while losing some of its style Imo

See less See more
#7 ·
I've seen them before. It puts me to sleep. Exquisite materials packed in a completely unimaginative box which excels at impressing people you don't know.

I know, I know... Here come all of the completely subjective buzzwords that drive people batsh!t crazy, but for me it's true. Vintage Rolls exude style, sophistication, imagination, grace. To me, this is a better equipped and more expensive Camry. An appliance the same, just for the wealthy.

#63 ·
I've seen them before. It puts me to sleep. Exquisite materials packed in a completely unimaginative box which excels at impressing people you don't know.

I know, I know... Here come all of the completely subjective buzzwords that drive people batsh!t crazy, but for me it's true. Vintage Rolls exude style, sophistication, imagination, grace. To me, this is a better equipped and more expensive Camry. An appliance the same, just for the wealthy.
Really? I think the Phantom was the model that returned Rolls Royce to its roots. In the 60s they made great cars, but the 80s models were getting pretty lackluster and the 90s were just painfully dull retirement-mobiles. The Phantom was a breath of fresh air and made ultra luxury cool again.

I mean, look at this thing. White wall tires, really? It's like a really expensive Buick Century.

#69 ·
I drove the Ghost a couple weeks ago and it was nice but nothing mind-blowing

Seeing pictures of a Phantom in isolation doesn't do it justice because in person they are HUGE. I swear it's as big as some SUVs. Not exactly my style but it definitely does it's job well

#21 ·
Always liked those round headlights, but it looks a lot classier now. Still, the best luxury car money can hire! :D

#23 ·
Boo they got rid of the round lights but Yay they got rid of the 2x4 plank of a front bumper.

#31 ·
Who hated the round lights? Loved the round lights. Not that it's "anonymous" looking now, but it somehow looks bland-ish headon.

#34 ·
The front looks considerably better. I know not to question the quality of materials in the interior (they're nothing short of exceptional,) but the design still looks like it would be more at home in a truck than the world's foremost luxury car. I suppose the Phantom is as tall as a truck...

#52 ·
Main reason for adding LED lights is so to conform with new EU standards for daytime running lights. All new cars have got them.

#51 ·
I don't know if I'd call the Phantom sophisticated, I think it's just built fantastically with amazing materials. It's a car you have to "feel" to appreciate, rather than reading stats IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.