VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

World's Fastest Street Legal car for sale "INTHE6S"

15K views 72 replies 61 participants last post by  Mixican 
#1 ·
#58 ·
Still would have the UGR lambo for less money.

It's way too purpose built. A six second pass on the street is highly unlikely. The lambo would be cruising around with the A/C blasting and radio on beating the drag car everywhere on a day to day situation. Which is the whole point of being "street legal" right?

#61 ·
I have a feeling this car is much more streetable than you guys think. Look, the money this guy is asking is dumb but this isnt one of the thrown together in a week cars that you used to see on All out or pass time. He and his wife probably can go down to get a burger or drive in a local cruise no problem. Gas would suck but guys that build these cars are looking for Prius like gas mileage.
I agree, the UGR lambo that does 8.3 is crazy but what would that car start looking like if you tried to get into the 6's? Dont get me wrong, 8's are silly fast but getting into the 6's in a whole other level of really silly stupid fast. Part of the discomfort of this car is the full spec cage/chassis and safety equipment which I dont think there is any on the UGR lambo. I have a feeling that if someone really tried to get the UGR lambo fast to this level, it would look much less like it does in its current street trim and start morphing more into this.

#62 ·
I don't think for street driving there is really a difference in 6s-8s... you will never really go that fast on the street anyways, or shouldn't anyways. Yes it'll be fun to take to the track and rip it up, but the UGR Gallardo would be an all-around more enjoyable car by far. This car is more of a status symbol than anything in my opinion. The Gallardo would look pretty stock, so it's just a Gallardo (still a Lambo I know) But for the money I would rather have a Noble M600, Gumpert Apollo, 670-4SV, basically a lot of other cars that I personally would enjoy more than just a freight train pulling, straight line, ugly, overpriced Corvette.

#69 ·

I've seen this a lot - race cars get sold, and the previous owners keep their piles of trophies.

Does anyone ever track these down after the fact? Owners looking for previous owners' trophies, or previous owners gifting them or leaving them in their will for the new owners?

Particularly for historic or significant vehicles, I would think that these would add considerably to the vehicle's value...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.