Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Please help with wiring for instruments- 84 GTI

Vehicles
      1984 Rabbit GTI
      10-12-2012 10:22 AM #1
      Can someone please help me with a wiring diagram for the 18 pin connector for the instrument cluster on my 84 GTI? The Bentley I have doesn't seem to show it anywhere. I am trying to figure out why nothing is working all of a sudden.

Thanks very much. Any information is very appreciated.

Jon

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Flash Green V70R
      10-12-2012 04:30 PM #2
      What edition Bentley do you have? The late model schematics for Westmoreland built cars are in a separate section after the german cars. The schematic organization is a little wonky. Almost all of the primary body and dash schematics appear under 1981 models and may not say 83-84 specifically but that doesnt matter there were very few changes from 81-84. Things that were introduced later appear on their own pages later in the schematics like the hot start pulse relay, dynamic oil pressure unit, GTI cluster, etc...

The clusters are all essentially the same pinout so you should have most everything in the book

Vehicles
      1984 Rabbit GTI
      10-13-2012 03:23 PM #3
      I think I have an early edition (1987?) that I bought used. I can't find anything specific to the GTI cluster. I think I have it fixed now anyway and I will probably buy a new Bentley.

Thanks.