Post in the VAG-COM forum. You'll get more replies there.
So this evening a buddy of mine ran his vagcom on my GLI. He was running a code check while the car was running (which I now know you should never do), and while doing so the engine started revving towards redline and we had to turn it off. So after we shut it off, we ran another code check and a code for both throttle position sensors came up. We started it up and it ran up to redline again, so we shut it down quickly again.
So we then cleared the codes, after which the car wouldnt even start. Cleared the codes again, and finally got it to start, but now has no throttle response. Nothing.
I'm completely lost as whats going on and am hoping to get some help from some of the gurus on here....
Sounds like you're leaving out the part where you tried to do a throttle body adaptation with the engine running.
Do a TBA with the ignition on, engine off.
oh, and how about checking it for codes now.
PROTECTED BY SMITH & WESSON
CORNFED CAR-MAESTRO-E85 - 3"MAF - IE Rifle Drilled Rods - STATIC- Gonzo Tuning GTT K04 Hybrid Turbo - Devils Own Water Meth - Walbro 255 inline - Eurosport FMIC - Peloquin LSD - Madmax wastegate mod - Werk in Progress INTEGRATED ENGINEERING