Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Busted window regulator

1. 10-14-2012 12:20 AM #1
      This afternoon I grabbed the window switch and the window on the left rear door on a '12 GTI comes up closes and goes halfway back down... No big, ive owned a few VW/Audi cars so I rolled it down and click auto up again and this times its followed by cruching and loud snap / pop... The window falls back down inside the door. Crapspackle ! I grabbed the edge of the glass and it sounded like some miscellanous pieces were jingling around inside the door.

I've only got 3k on this thing and I lost a window regulator already . My 20th still has its original regulators and they SHOULD have broken.
      I didn't think this was a common thing, but it seems VW hasn't strayed from their window regualtor makin ways.

Anyone else toasted a regulator ?

Vehicles
      2011 CW GTI MT
      10-14-2012 01:14 PM #2
      My driver window makes all sorts of popping sounds when it rolls down. I will have them take a look at it at the 30K service. Sounds like yours is toast. Should definitely be covered under warranty.
      1985 Golf | 1996 Golf | 1997 Jetta Trek | 2005 GTI | 2012 3.6 SEL B7 Passat | '11 CW Autobahn GTI

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World
      10-14-2012 01:31 PM #3
      Warranty, and honestly OP that isn't normal on MKV/ MKVIs.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 10 MK6 GTI/M6, 04 GTO/M6
      10-14-2012 06:26 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by veedublvr View Post
      This afternoon I grabbed the window switch and the window on the left rear door on a '12 GTI comes up closes and goes halfway back down... No big, ive owned a few VW/Audi cars so I rolled it down and click auto up again and this times its followed by cruching and loud snap / pop... The window falls back down inside the door. Crapspackle ! I grabbed the edge of the glass and it sounded like some miscellanous pieces were jingling around inside the door.

I've only got 3k on this thing and I lost a window regulator already . My 20th still has its original regulators and they SHOULD have broken.
      I didn't think this was a common thing, but it seems VW hasn't strayed from their window regualtor makin ways.

Anyone else toasted a regulator ?
      The same thing just happened to me....well similar, i get home after a 13mile drive, had the front pass. window cracked just a bit...go to roll her back up from drivers side and nothing. no light in the button on drivers side, but when i reach over use the switch from pass door it works fine. just not on drivers side...what gives!?
      "slow as molasis"