Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Busted window regulator

1. 10-14-2012 01:20 AM #1
      This afternoon I grabbed the window switch and the window on the left rear door on a '12 GTI comes up closes and goes halfway back down... No big, ive owned a few VW/Audi cars so I rolled it down and click auto up again and this times its followed by cruching and loud snap / pop... The window falls back down inside the door. Crapspackle ! I grabbed the edge of the glass and it sounded like some miscellanous pieces were jingling around inside the door.

I've only got 3k on this thing and I lost a window regulator already . My 20th still has its original regulators and they SHOULD have broken.
      I didn't think this was a common thing, but it seems VW hasn't strayed from their window regualtor makin ways.

Anyone else toasted a regulator ?

Vehicles
      2011 CW GTI MT
      10-14-2012 02:14 PM #2
      My driver window makes all sorts of popping sounds when it rolls down. I will have them take a look at it at the 30K service. Sounds like yours is toast. Should definitely be covered under warranty.
      1985 Golf | 1996 Golf | 1997 Jetta Trek | 2005 GTI | 2012 3.6 SEL B7 Passat | '11 CW Autobahn GTI

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      10-14-2012 02:31 PM #3
      Warranty, and honestly OP that isn't normal on MKV/ MKVIs.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 10 MK6 GTI/M6, 04 GTO/M6
      10-14-2012 07:26 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by veedublvr View Post
      This afternoon I grabbed the window switch and the window on the left rear door on a '12 GTI comes up closes and goes halfway back down... No big, ive owned a few VW/Audi cars so I rolled it down and click auto up again and this times its followed by cruching and loud snap / pop... The window falls back down inside the door. Crapspackle ! I grabbed the edge of the glass and it sounded like some miscellanous pieces were jingling around inside the door.

I've only got 3k on this thing and I lost a window regulator already . My 20th still has its original regulators and they SHOULD have broken.
      I didn't think this was a common thing, but it seems VW hasn't strayed from their window regualtor makin ways.

Anyone else toasted a regulator ?
      The same thing just happened to me....well similar, i get home after a 13mile drive, had the front pass. window cracked just a bit...go to roll her back up from drivers side and nothing. no light in the button on drivers side, but when i reach over use the switch from pass door it works fine. just not on drivers side...what gives!?
      "slow as molasis"