Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: You pull junk yard between Staten Island and Boston mass?

Vehicles
      '95 Golf 2.slow, '03 GTi 1.8t
      10-25-2012 10:38 PM #1
      So I'm traveling from Staten Island to Salem, mass tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone knew of a u pull yard along the way. Preferably one with mk3's. or if anyone is fully parting one out near the route

2. Senior Member
      10-29-2012 08:35 AM #2
      I used to go here 30 years ago. Just off Route 8 in CT.

http://www.daddiosautoparts.com/

Vehicles
      01 wolfy 1.8 teeee
      11-06-2012 03:27 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
      I used to go here 30 years ago. Just off Route 8 in CT.

http://www.daddiosautoparts.com/
      ^ Daddios is in my town. It is a junkyard however hes looking for a you pull junkyard and daddios doesnt do that.

I recommend Chuck & Eddie's Used Auto Parts.. the address is: 190 Middletown Avenue, New Haven, CT

just pay $1 and enter and pull whatever you want. Bring tools. I recommend getting a price on what part you want before you pull it cause sometimes they have outrageous prices for used parts

They usually have a good amount of mk3s too usually lots of jettas, cabrios, a golf here and there

Good luck

4. Senior Member
      11-06-2012 03:43 PM #4
      Yeah, their web site didn't look like a pull-it-yourself place any more.

30 years ago, when I needed a rear bumper for my '72 Plymouth Scamp, they would point you through to the back and say, "knock yourself out."

Do you know Brook Street in Shelton? It's the hill right next to Plumb Memorial Library.

I was driving by it at night 30 years ago and someone coming up the hill ran the stop sign and hit my right rear fender.

I pulled over, thinking the person would do the same. He just went racing by me.

Had to race him to get close enough to get a license plate. Knew it was an Impala from the rear lights.

Went right to the police station and told them what happened.

They caught the guy after a couple of days. He pretty much lived across the street from the police station and was a regular there.

As they said, "he's well known to us."

Got him for a lot of things:
      operating an unregistered motor vehicle,
      misuse of plates (they were stolen from Derby or Ansonia),
      driving without a license,
      driving without insurance,
      evading responsibility (i.e., not stopping after the accident,
      and so on.

No wonder he ran.

I always assumed he was drunk and driving home from the great dive bar that used to be in Shelton back then at the bottom of the hill there: Doc's Place.

Vehicles
      01 wolfy 1.8 teeee
      11-09-2012 08:59 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
      Yeah, their web site didn't look like a pull-it-yourself place any more.

30 years ago, when I needed a rear bumper for my '72 Plymouth Scamp, they would point you through to the back and say, "knock yourself out."

Do you know Brook Street in Shelton? It's the hill right next to Plumb Memorial Library.

I was driving by it at night 30 years ago and someone coming up the hill ran the stop sign and hit my right rear fender.

I pulled over, thinking the person would do the same. He just went racing by me.

Had to race him to get close enough to get a license plate. Knew it was an Impala from the rear lights.

Went right to the police station and told them what happened.

They caught the guy after a couple of days. He pretty much lived across the street from the police station and was a regular there.

As they said, "he's well known to us."

Got him for a lot of things:
      operating an unregistered motor vehicle,
      misuse of plates (they were stolen from Derby or Ansonia),
      driving without a license,
      driving without insurance,
      evading responsibility (i.e., not stopping after the accident,
      and so on.

No wonder he ran.

I always assumed he was drunk and driving home from the great dive bar that used to be in Shelton back then at the bottom of the hill there: Doc's Place.

Thats crazy! I have a garage right next to plumb library and I know the hill your talking about I drive on that road almost every day. I'm always careful every time I pass by the library, I've had some close calls on that street cause people just pop right out in front of you sometimes.