VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2012 Jetta Cabin Filter

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Largecar 
#1 ·
Can somebody point me to where the cabin filter resides...in a 2012 Jetta TDi?
I peeked under the front cowl on the passenger side and there does not appear to be anything there.
Thanks

#4 ·
Anybody got pictures of the location and how to access the filter. I felt under there and even pulled down the foam (until a fastener stopped me) and did not find the filter.

I am a bit disabled and have a hard time bending, so if it can be done upright (sorta)with the use of a mirror that would help.

Thanks

LC

#5 ·
Actually there are 2 fasteners holding the foam up.
You need a flat blade screwdriver to unscrew the plastic fasteners, then pull the foam sheet out completely. After that if you look from the bottom up, there is a rectangle filter cover door that will slide and release the door cover, then pull the filter out and re-insert the new filter. Door cover goes back the opposite way of removal.

Ps: its not possible to do this swap unless you are looking up at the underside of the dash, no way to reach it from a lesser angle with a mirror...imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.