Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: ASR/ABS Issues post shock/strut install

1. 11-22-2012 04:21 PM #1
      I've just swapped out my stock shocks/struts for Koni Yellows a couple of days ago, and since then I've noticed some issues. I'm planning on taking it back to the shop to get it checked out, but I figured I'd try and get some input before doing so.

When I drive over a bump at moderate-high speeds, or even just a rougher-than-normal road (or even aggressive turning for that matter), my ASR will kick in--it's hyper-sensitive. After a while, it the ASR light along with the ABS light will just remain on. They will then go away if I turn the car off and back on.

I've read that it could be an ABS sensor issue (faulty connection, blown fuse, etc), which may be the case for the ABS light. But would it also cause the ASR to be extremely sensitive?

FYI: I'm running the Konis on 75% soft up front, and 50% in the rears on Eibach Sportlines x 4. I ran the sportlines on stock shocks for about 50k miles (yea, not a good idea), which resulted in blown rear shocks, but I never had any traction issues up front.

Any input appreciated!

2. 02-16-2013 04:43 PM #2
      Resolved. For anyone interested, it was simply a loose wheel speed sensor (which looked like it was plugged in). Reconnected and everything was fine.