Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Last traction control thread needed

Vehicles
      2012 RB 4dr R
      12-01-2012 11:56 AM #351
      Can you fully log with the micro vs the hex cable?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      12-01-2012 11:58 AM #352
      I am sure all the haters will move on to what they hate about our amazing R's, but it may be hard since they seem to have but all the eggs into this issue....must be such a early XMAS gift for them

On a side note, we spend all this time working on making the OEM platform better by modding and raising the bar above what VW gives us in stock format. This time we worked so hard to just be able to mod the car to get it work as VW gave it to us in OEM. Country lines should not play apart in engineering designs, but regulations and governments with matters unrelated to the true engineering idea of a product F it up.

This is a good day to be an R owner......

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TTRS , 2008 2dr GTI, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
      12-01-2012 12:00 PM #353
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      Are you close to Jax, I can let u use my cable, if u get the code.
      I am around 2 1/2 hours from Jax.

Thanks anyways. I already placed the order. Can't wait to receive it and perform my first hack on a car.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 12:02 PM #354
      Another confirmation that it works chiming in!

So happy.

Quote Originally Posted by climbingcue View Post
      I got so much crap from so many different people about my post hating the car since I could not turn it off.
      You and me both dude. You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      Anyone in the Boston area want to go play in what little snow there is?

I have a gopro we can use. I also wouldn't mind shooting a few cars getting their slide on.

PM me if you're interested.
      I would love to do this when I have a chance. I'm tied up today but if conditions are good tomorrow...or next snow for sure.
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Injustice View Post
      Wow such Canagay. Much hairy. So cuddles.

Vehicles
      '12 VW Golf R, '01 Audi A4, '07 Duramax
      12-01-2012 12:03 PM #355
      Successfully installed!

Anyone near Springfield, MA / Hartford, CT need a vag drop me a line.

Thanks Taylor!

Last edited by ScratchRob13; 12-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
      2001 Audi A4 QM 1.8T | Under Construction...
      2007 Chevy Duramax | BT Dieselworks 1000+rwtq
      2012 VW Golf R | Mini-Avant

Vehicles
      2007 BMW Z4M Coupe, 2008 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 Coupe
      12-01-2012 12:08 PM #356
      Quote Originally Posted by mrvr6turbo1 View Post
      Before pulling the trigger, is this all I need for the Golf R?

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCuCAN.html

I will use a MAC with Parallels so I think I am good on this side.

I am more concern on the cable as I do not see Golf R on their list of approved compatibility. (Only Golf and GTI's)
      I was even able to get VCDS to work on a Win 7 Virtual Box install on my MacBook. USB gets tricky but once setup it works. I have a ASUS netbook for VCDS so never use the Mac but like to know that I can

I have this one and it works on Golf Rs

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

Good luck.
      Last edited by pal; 12-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
      2007 BMW Z4M Coupe, 2008 Audi TT 3.2 Coupe Quattro 6MT

Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler, Golf R
      12-01-2012 12:31 PM #357
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      I would love to do this when I have a chance. I'm tied up today but if conditions are good tomorrow...or next snow for sure.
      Going to be 50 degrees tomorrow. No more snow.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R Stage 3, 2010 Golf daily beater
      12-01-2012 12:34 PM #358
      i talked to taylor a couple of hours ago and he saud that he is working on getting people taken care off as fast as possible.

i am meeting him tonight around 9 to get my car done and i cant wait!

11 pages and 11000 views is less than 3 days!!!!!

Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      12-01-2012 12:34 PM #359
      I wonder if this magic tuner works for Ross-Tech :p

Holy vcds sales!
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 12:38 PM #360
      For posterity. cRippled no more Great job on the vid iMod!

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      Going to be 50 degrees tomorrow. No more snow.
      damn. next time then
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Injustice View Post
      Wow such Canagay. Much hairy. So cuddles.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R DBM
      12-01-2012 12:40 PM #361
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      I wonder if this magic tuner works for Ross-Tech :p

Holy vcds sales!
      That would be quite the twist!
      No matter who he works for, it's a great day in GoRfville!!

--Chuck--

Vehicles
      CW Golf R
      12-01-2012 12:44 PM #362
      Done and done... Hoping winter(snow) hasn't been officially canceled cause it's pretty warm and dry here. But whoohoo anyway. Thanks again Taylor@Dotuning.

I use VCDS with Boot Camp and Mac with no issues.
      Last edited by <Platypus=; 12-01-2012 at 12:52 PM.
      "Of course, but I can also downill ski and figure skate..."

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      12-01-2012 12:48 PM #363
      Quote Originally Posted by peplsuk View Post
      [ ]

From Alaska, thanks for doing this we needed it!
      I'm going to guess from the video that you don't have an HPA Haldex controller. I figured the R would have a hard time whipping the rear around given its FWD nature but not quite that much.

Someone with snow, and HPA controller and 2 stage esp post a video for reference. I'm guessing it gets it around much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      There is a hilarious amount of irony associated with a few people that have posted in this thread. People that were too mature for hooliganism and told me I should sell my car because I complained about the ESP are now instantly supporters. Funny. They know who they are.

In other news I just got my code from Taylor and am about to go plug it in.
      Not directed at you but the comment in general.. Lets face it, by the time most of us took delivery of the car we knew ESP was going to be an issue. If you continued to go forward with the purchase of the car you accepted it and complaining about it after the fact makes you look silly. Since then what people have proven is that ESP is a non-issue for nearly all circumstances you'd encounter on public roads and track days if you set up the car properly. So that leaves the people that want to do donuts, rear wheel steer and drifting Tokyo Drift style. That's all fun stuff and has a place but I never saw it as a reason to not buy the car. Will I enjoy the hooliganism every now and then? Heck yes. Did I, or would I, base the purchase or re-purchase of the car based on the fact that I can't act like a 16 year old in a parking lot? No way.

All that said, buy your flashes everyone and enjoy the car. There was another member who posted in this thread to be careful and flash back to stock before you go in for any dealer visits. I PMd the guy and from the story he told me on VWoAs reaction to changing the code in the ABS module I'd make sure you do that. VWoA wasn't happy one bit!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 12:52 PM #364
      Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
      I'm going to guess from the video that you don't have an HPA Haldex controller. I figured the R would have a hard time whipping the rear around given its FWD nature but not quite that much.

Someone with snow, and HPA controller and 2 stage esp post a video for reference. I'm guessing it gets it around much better.
      Shouldn't be any worse than an R32 though, right?

Not directed at you but the comment in general.. Lets face it, by the time most of us took delivery of the car we knew ESP was going to be an issue. If you continued to go forward with the purchase of the car you accepted it and complaining about it after the fact makes you look silly. Since then what people have proven is that ESP is a non-issue for nearly all circumstances you'd encounter on public roads and track days if you set up the car properly. So that leaves the people that want to do donuts, rear wheel steer and drifting Tokyo Drift style. That's all fun stuff and has a place but I never saw it as a reason to not buy the car. Will I enjoy the hooliganism every now and then? Heck yes. Did I, or would I, base the purchase or re-purchase of the car based on the fact that I can't act like a 16 year old in a parking lot? No way.

All that said, buy your flashes everyone and enjoy the car. There was another member who posted in this thread to be careful and flash back to stock before you go in for any dealer visits. I PMd the guy and from the story he told me on VWoAs reaction to changing the code in the ABS module I'd make sure you do that. VWoA wasn't happy one bit!
      THANK YOU! Well said.

Vehicles
      2012 golf r , 2011 Jetta se, 1990 gti
      12-01-2012 12:57 PM #365
      just sent my info in. thanks

16. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      12-01-2012 01:01 PM #366
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRon View Post
      I had already PayPal'd $100. Just got my code. About to flash the car. Will report back results if I see the local pigs at the coffee shop on my way to my "test area."
      Well, I didn't go crazy, but it works!

Wide right hand turn, just throttled into it and lifted off the throttle and the rear rotated out pretty easily, then back on throttle with near centered steering input brought me out the turn nicely, and with fun! Then did it again and tapped the brakes, light flashed, it applied brakes, then after I was out of the turn the light came on solid again.

I am surprised at how easy the car rotates, but I am on the A/S dunlops the car came with. I probably won't disable ESC very often, and probably not in the dry. I don't think I'll ever turn it off on dry pavement with good summer or race compound tires. I feel like at the point those would let go, the car will have spun out before you can think "oh ****" and tap the brake.
      4 doors, usable hatch, and AWD right there is more than enough to put the Golf up top even without ESP disabling.

If you're looking for a track car, you're looking at the wrong make...
      If ESP kicks in you're doing it wrong.

Now that's out of the way.. You have to spend stupid amounts of money on VW to keep up with a budget built pretty much anything else in it's "class" around a track.

Go get a clue you almighty HPDE'r.

You're also a complete douchebag for putting .: before R every time, especially since that logo is not part of the MK6 R line, as well as referring to sibling-hood of your cars.

Only problem I see with this setup is when trying to brake boost out of a turn
      GTIVRon you are a rock sucking hypocrite!!! I'm here to put your punk @$$ on blast! How the funk are you going to attack me because a) I will not spend my hard earned money on a car that doesn't have a feature I want (ESC defeat), b) Tell me this is not the car for me when you don't even know me c) Say I'm "Doing it wrong" if ESC kicks in! Then your punk @$$ goes out and dose the exact thing you were criticizing me for? Guess what Your sorry @$$ is doing it wrong! Not only are you "doing it wrong" because you just did something ESC would prevent. You also "did it wrong" because you talked ish about the community efforts to right this wrong and then you get the defeat and go out and do what you preached about not doing!!!!

Oh and by the way the history and lineage of that Golf R ............... Oh wait Golf.:R is the OG .:R and that is the MKIV.:R32 which I own. So yes when I get my Golf.:R in the springtime she will be sharing space with her older sister. If you don't like what I just said STFU........... Oh wait you already went out and did what you preached about not doing. Care to have a beer to wash down all that crow and humble pie you just ate?
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

17. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      12-01-2012 01:04 PM #367
      Quote Originally Posted by Rising Blue R View Post
      I am sure all the haters will move on to what they hate about our amazing R's, but it may be hard since they seem to have but all the eggs into this issue....must be such a early XMAS gift for them

On a side note, we spend all this time working on making the OEM platform better by modding and raising the bar above what VW gives us in stock format. This time we worked so hard to just be able to mod the car to get it work as VW gave it to us in OEM. Country lines should not play apart in engineering designs, but regulations and governments with matters unrelated to the true engineering idea of a product F it up.

This is a good day to be an R owner......
      THIS!!!! Now I can't wait to get mine since this has been resolved. ESC will be defeated as soon as I get her off the lot!
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:14 PM #368
      I'm not gonna lie, it is kinda funny seeing all those people who were criticizing us for trying to get this done be the first one's in line to get this. haha

But at the same time, I'm proud that we as a community rallied and got this done. Hating on those hypocrites or converts will only divide us. Let's forget and move on!

I'm just happy that the one weakness (according to me at least) of my car is no more!

19. 12-01-2012 01:16 PM #369
      Quote Originally Posted by R32-4-ME View Post
      So is this coding done on a donation basis or is it now officially $100 to get the coding done?
      NO......IF YOU DON'T PAY he WONT do it at all......so im going to wait a few days till it dies down and is released for free or have Jeff Atwood do it... having to pay for a vag com fix is retarded and unjustifiable....
      2013 CW 4D Golf .:R / UnitedMotorsport stage 2/ APR RSC TB Exhaust / Forge TwinTake / NSP Golf .:R boost guage / Autotech HPFP........

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:23 PM #370
      Quote Originally Posted by VR420man View Post
      NO......IF YOU DON'T PAY he WONT do it at all......so im going to wait a few days till it dies down and is released for free or have Jeff Atwood do it... having to pay for a vag com fix is retarded and unjustifiable....
      Don't say it that way, just say that a donation of $100 is recommended. If you say it's required then it is no longer a donation and he is liable for a bunch of legal penalties.
      '13 CW Golf R 4dr APR Stage 2+

21. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:27 PM #371
      Quote Originally Posted by HandyBanana View Post
      Don't say it that way, just say that a donation of $100 is recommended. If you say it's required then it is no longer a donation and he is liable for a bunch of legal penalties.
      He already did that himself, though:

100 by paypal to paypal@dotuning.com
      In paypal include ABS Module Coding and Part Number(MK60 EC1 XXXXXXX) using Vag-com and your VIN #
      Please allow 24 hours to get your new code, I am fulfilling requests after hours EST
      No mention of a donation. Definitely a cost.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 Golf .:R, '14 CX-5,'09 MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR, '10 Goldwing, '12 ZX-14R
      12-01-2012 01:31 PM #372
      Well, I paid, and received my new coding within 1 hour! Not going to install it though,,,,
      my first dealer visit is Monday and Taylor suggested that ANY dealer visits should only be made with the stock coding!
      2010 Mk6 GTI DSG SB; APR K04, Carbonio 1 & 2, UR catted/resonated DP, Eurojet FMIC, Billy Boat cat back Uni DSG flash 313 WHP!. Traded for;
      2013 .:R! Traded for:
      2014 Mazda6 GTs

23. 12-01-2012 01:31 PM #373
      Quote Originally Posted by HandyBanana View Post
      Why. It's not a donation it's a cost if you have to send 100$$$. A donation would be what I or you can afford. But being a mandatory thug make it a charge to get it done.
      2013 CW 4D Golf .:R / UnitedMotorsport stage 2/ APR RSC TB Exhaust / Forge TwinTake / NSP Golf .:R boost guage / Autotech HPFP........

24. 12-01-2012 01:34 PM #374
      Go with Jeff, and all you will ever need are constant "updates."

Canada:
      Software Coding: 144B800C49248000281301EC921A0141310000

United States:
      Software Coding: 144B800C492A0000280E01E7921B0041B70000

Something looks ODD.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:38 PM #375
      Why. It's not a donation it's a cost if you have to send 100$$$. A donation would be what I or you can afford. But being a mandatory thug make it a charge to get it done.
      Yea, I'm not sure if making it a mandatory charge is the right thing to do. I was all for donating some moola out of principle but charging everybody 100 bucks for a simple vag com fix, eh I don't know about that.

Not intended as any hate though, he came up with the fix and its up to him how he wants to provide that service.

Vehicles
      2012 RB APR Stage 3 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:40 PM #376

27. 12-01-2012 01:40 PM #377
      Quote Originally Posted by StellaVW View Post
      Go with Jeff, and all you will ever need are constant "updates."

Canada:
      Software Coding: 144B800C49248000281301EC921A0141310000

United States:
      Software Coding: 144B800C492A0000280E01E7921B0041B70000

Something looks ODD.
      So when it's recoded and works I'm going to need an update...??? Lol this isn't software it's a recode of existing software. Like adding window control on your key fob or doing the wink mod. Once it's done there is no need for a update.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:41 PM #378
      Got my code updated, time to test it out

Great work Taylor!
      2012 Golf R .: Built Motor | APR Stage 3

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      12-01-2012 01:42 PM #379
      Quote Originally Posted by DaLeadBull View Post
      Yea, I'm not sure if making it a mandatory charge is the right thing to do. I was all for donating some moola out of principle but charging everybody 100 bucks for a simple vag com fix, eh I don't know about that.

Not intended as any hate though, he came up with the fix and its up to him how he wants to provide that service.
      I would have absolutely donated money to this if it was actually on a donation basis, but now not so much. I guess I'll just have to live with not having it.

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:46 PM #380
      Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttyb View Post
      I would have absolutely donated money to this if it was actually on a donation basis, but now not so much. I guess I'll just have to live with not having it.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 4dr GTI Autobahn, RIP: 2000 4dr Golf GLS 1.8T - 226384 miles.
      12-01-2012 01:50 PM #381
      It's staggering to me how many of people are willing to blindly recode a safety-critical component of their car simply because some guy on the interwebs says that it makes their car better. Even more staggering is that they are prepared to pay for that privilege.

Questions;
      1. How has this change been tested? Is there a test plan out there that shows that other braking functionality hasn't been adversely affected.
      2. Who is standing behind this from a legal standpoint? ie, if it turns out that the abs controller fails to do what is it supposed to under some emergency situation, who is covering the damages if your insurance company doesn't?

I'm not wanting to be negative here and I understand that some of you track-hounds want to be able to disable traction control, but I'm having a hard time believing that this won't end up on the road.

Vehicles
      Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:52 PM #382
      ^^^ Idiot. Post 374 is

Let Taylor make his money! Wtf?!

Vehicles
      Golf R, 20th GTI Sold
      12-01-2012 01:54 PM #383
      Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post

it would be easy to get the rear end to come around if I didn't have winter tires with studs.

34. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Shelby GT500, 2013 Golf R CSG
      12-01-2012 01:57 PM #384
      Anyone in the Phoenix area willing to help me out getting the correct info? I can order a VAG cable and probably will soon enough, but I would appreciate help on collecting this info.

Thanks,
      Craig

35. 12-01-2012 02:03 PM #385
      I exchanged a few PM's with webcrawlr and he suggested I pass this on to everyone about my experience with the dealer and my changes using the SVM tool....

"I got questions at the dealership about how I was able to change the coding on the ABS module to match ROW. I didn't think much of it, till I got a certified letter from VW letting me know that I was risking having my warranty voided for making "un-approved" changes, and that I should undo any changes. I also went back to the dealership to have the re-scan my car, and was told that everything looked good.

It was the only change that had flagged my car - I had done other changes - i.e. comfort windows, LED tails, blinker wink. etc all before my 90 day checkup...and nothing had been mentioned.

If you are planning on doing the coding change...I think the way that dotuning did it is the way to go, and easily reversible. I did my changes using SVM - I will probably try dotuning's route. "

Please note that this was my experience, with my local dealer....I'm sure the all knowing ThatVdub is going to pipe in that I'm full of crap or that you can't get access to SVM unless you are a dealer, etc - so please take this for what you want it.

If you are in the Boulder, CO and need/want to take a scan of your car so you can go the dotunings route, I can probably help you out.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast