Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Last traction control thread needed

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 DBP 2dr Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:20 PM #526
      This is just getting ridiculous...clearly, everyone in uproar that people called out shady tactics paid $100. Because misery loves company they think everyone else should have paid. Sorry gang. The community that I want to be a part of wouldn't do what this guy did with "mandatory donation". In fact, I bet the guy would have gotten more support and money if just accepted donations out of the goodness and gratitude of people's hearts. Greed changed everyone's sense of gratitude. Nothing else. Not entitlement attitudes as you suggest.
      Last edited by Thedude4bides; 12-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 TR Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:21 PM #527
      Quote Originally Posted by Thedude4bides
      It's principle. Pure and simple. The phrase "mandatory donation" definitely doesn't fly in my book or many others. Now, after I got a code and found out it worked? Sure, I would have happily "tipped" the guy for his ingenuity. Huge difference.
      So semantics spawned 16 pages of complaining? Fact is his change did exactly what it's supposed to do, the first time. There was no going back and forth, it just worked. To me thats worth $100 of my money. Again big thanks to Taylor here for the hard work.

3. 12-03-2012 12:27 PM #528
      whoa.
      I don't come here for a few days and miss the big one!

seems this thread has gone the typical vortex life cycle:
      4 pages of everyone loves the guy. 2 pages of questioning the guy... and then 10 pages of complaining.

Probably the biggest puzzle of the R not only cracked but offered up for a mere $100 donation.
      this is way-cool. kudos to dotuning for stepping up.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 DBP 2dr Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:31 PM #529
      Quote Originally Posted by notquiteanewbie View Post
      So semantics spawned 16 pages of complaining? Fact is his change did exactly what it's supposed to do, the first time. There was no going back and forth, it just worked. To me thats worth $100 of my money. Again big thanks to Taylor here for the hard work.
      I believe "principle" is the right word. Here is something you will not be able to dispute: if dotuning never went the "mandatory donation" route then this thread would be 16 pages of gratitude, awe, and amazement. You may dispute my claim that dotuning would have gotten more $$$ from real donations, but that is neither here nor there.

Edite; I also wouldn't call it "complaining" (at least on my part), I'd call it "calling out a someone whose opportunistic greed ruined the sweetness of a success".
      Last edited by Thedude4bides; 12-03-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:31 PM #530
      Quote Originally Posted by Thedude4bides View Post
      Because misery loves company they think everyone else should have paid.
      I assure you I don't give a rat's ass who pays and who doesn't. However, if you are going to benefit from the guy's work...for free no less...common courtesy would say you don't sh!t on him and the people that are supporting the cause with their money.
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      First seadoo gets published by Rolling Stone, and now we discover that vwtool has a blog.

Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      12-03-2012 12:38 PM #531
      It's not semantics at all. There's a big difference between "fee" and "donation". I don't know how else it could possibly be explained any clearer than that.

Anyway, this thread's going in circles. We all have our fix. Regardless of how you got it, Taylor absolutely deserves the credit, end of story.

[/thread]

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 DBP 2dr Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:41 PM #532
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      I assure you I don't give a rat's ass who pays and who doesn't. However, if you are going to benefit from the guy's work...for free no less...common courtesy would say you don't sh!t on him and the people that are supporting the cause with their money.
      True.. common courtesy eludes me at times especially when I'm slackin' at work. However, since you did impose the condition "if you are going to benefit from the guy's work", which I have not yet done or do not plan on doing in the immediate future, I suppose common courtesy will have to wait

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:49 PM #533
      Quote Originally Posted by Thedude4bides View Post
      True.. common courtesy eludes me at times especially when I'm slackin' at work. However, since you did impose the condition "if you are going to benefit from the guy's work", which I have not yet done or do not plan on doing in the immediate future, I suppose common courtesy will have to wait
      So, just to make sure I understand, you have no intention of applying the ESC fix to your car. Yet you feel a need to come into the thread and dictate what is right and what isn't?

Jesus complex much?
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      First seadoo gets published by Rolling Stone, and now we discover that vwtool has a blog.

Vehicles
      99.5 Jetta TDI, 02 GTI VR6, 00 Golf 1.8T
      12-03-2012 12:54 PM #534
      LOL this thread keeps going
      I haz too many cars

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 DBP 2dr Golf R
      12-03-2012 12:55 PM #535
      So, just to make sure I understand, you have no intention of applying the ESC fix to your car. Yet you feel a need to come into the thread and dictate what is right and what isn't?

Jesus complex much?
      Bingo! Lol.

Well, that plus boredom FWIW, I do intend to disable ESP when I feel the need.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2014 Audi A6 2.0T, 2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible, 1974 Dodge B200 Maxi Van FTW
      12-03-2012 12:59 PM #536
      i just forgot what this thread was about, and feel like i need to ship something via ups suddenly. weird.
      2012 CSG 2 DR NAV/SR | Tuning: 4 Seasons | APR STG 2+ (w/mobile program switching) | STG 3ish Clutch | Devils Own WMI | HPA Gen 4 Switchable Controller | Autotech HPFP | Billy Boat Down Pipe | Volant Intake | Neuspeed SS | BSH stage 2 engine/tranny/pendulum mounts | Badge-less grill + notch fill/paint | TB Chassis Brace | 6LB Braille battery | VWR Sport Springs + Koni Yellows | Neuspeed F and R sway | ("Build" Thread) | #731 ( :

12. 12-03-2012 01:07 PM #537
      so people know the difference

donation [dəʊˈneɪʃən]
      n
      1. the act of giving, esp to a charity
      2. a contribution
      [from Latin dōnātiō a presenting, from dōnāre to give, from dōnum gift]

cost (kôst)
      n.
      1. An amount paid or required in payment for a purchase; a price.
      2. The expenditure of something, such as time or labor, necessary for the attainment of a goal: "Freedom to advocate unpopular causes does not require that such advocacy be without cost" (Milton Friedman).
      3. costs Law The charges fixed for litigation, often payable by the losing party.
      v. cost, cost·ing, costs
      v.intr.
      To require a specified payment, expenditure, effort, or loss: It costs more to live in the city.
      v.tr.
      1. To have as a price.
      2. To cause to lose, suffer, or sacrifice: Participating in the strike cost me my
      2013 CW 4D Golf .:R / UnitedMotorsport stage 2/ APR RSC TB Exhaust / Forge TwinTake / NSP Golf .:R boost guage / Autotech HPFP........

Vehicles
      12-03-2012 01:46 PM #538
      +1
      I haz too many cars

Vehicles
      2002 1.8T JETTA & 2000 TTQ
      12-03-2012 01:47 PM #539
      Most people especially on this site wouldn't donate if they could get this for free.

True story!

Vehicles
      2012 4dr Base Rising Blue Golf R
      12-03-2012 02:19 PM #540
      True enough. I have no idea who came up with the window's down feature either but I didn't donate anything anywhere there (same goes for DRL disable)..

But isn't a 'mandatory' donation really just a fee disguised in a pretty package? IE. if you didn't donate $100, you didn't get the code (before it was released for free that is)
      -2012 Rising Blue Base 4dr 2012 R (current daily driver!)

-1995 Spec Miata
      -1994 Sentra SE-R (PTE track beast in-the-works)
      -1995 Infiniti G20 (NASA PTF/TTF track rat) and 2012 NASA Nationals PTF Champion!

16. 12-03-2012 02:34 PM #541
      Quote Originally Posted by 18T_BT View Post
      Most people especially on this site wouldn't donate if they could get this for free.

True story!

If it makes you folks a bit happier, a base R in the UK is $46k.
      Last edited by englebert; 12-03-2012 at 02:38 PM.
      '12 Euro Golf R DSG
      Stage 2+ APR | BCS Downpipe | BCS 100cel Cat | EVOMS Intake | APR HPFP | OEM LED Tails | OEM Black Light Housings | OEM 19s | OEM Recaros

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      12-03-2012 02:47 PM #542
      Quote Originally Posted by VR420man View Post
      so people know the difference

donation [dəʊˈneɪʃən]
      n
      1. the act of giving, esp to a charity
      VW gave us ESP. He figured how to get rid of it........ we are nit a charity.

Cheer up everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Dead. Will be back.. stronger.
      2012 Golf R - Daily Driver Status

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 DBP 2dr Golf R
      12-03-2012 03:37 PM #543

True story!
      Actually, speculation.... but even if you are speculating correctly, and I may be speaking for myself when I say this, but I would have donated had it been set up on a real donation basis, not a mandatory donation basis.

Quote Originally Posted by goforit2007 View Post
      True enough. I have no idea who came up with the window's down feature either but I didn't donate anything anywhere there (same goes for DRL disable)..
      I can't speak for the past but the only real difference between the tweaks you brought up is that they do not "cripple" the car in anyway as they come from the factory. I'd say what you bring up are "nice-to-haves" and the ESC defeat is more of a "must have" in a track enthuisiasts mind.

Quote Originally Posted by goforit2007 View Post
      But isn't a 'mandatory' donation really just a fee disguised in a pretty package? IE. if you didn't donate $100, you didn't get the code (before it was released for free that is)
      Yes.

Vehicles
      12-03-2012 07:47 PM #544
      Why don't we just say that everyone who has already paid funded this guy enough for what he did that everyone else can turn it off now and nobody else bitches and whines about it.

I was all for paying $100, and I guarantee if APR said they'd include ESC off in a tune for $100, everyone with APR software would have opted for it.

Let's just say that the knowledge of knowing how to turn it off is worth $20. Everybody that paid the guy can just say they paid for 4 other people to also get it. Then since you have vag-com charge $20 to do it for locals and make your money back. (I will help the 2 other R's in the area out free of charge. I've vag-com'd many peoples' cars, codes.. logging.. the well known VCDS "mods"... and never charged, because I'm just that way)

Everyone who paid, good for you! Everyone that didn't, you're welcome.

Can we drop this **** now?

Vehicles
      12-03-2012 08:10 PM #545
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRon View Post
      I haz too many cars

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 2000 Audi TT Quattro
      12-03-2012 08:21 PM #546
      Since everyone seems to agree that we should give credit where credit is due...

Lets not forget the people in the "Quest to bring 2 stage ESP to the US Golf R" thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...e-US-Golf-R... did the majority of the legwork for the ESC defeat. Determining that the fix is most likely in the ABS module. They narrowed it down to software coding within the ABS module they just didn't figure out the specific coding. Someone simply gave this information to the dotuning guy and he figured out the specific coding. This was definitely a collaboration and everyone that gave good input deserves credit.

22. 12-03-2012 08:40 PM #547

Let's just say that the knowledge of knowing how to turn it off is worth $20. Everybody that paid the guy can just say they paid for 4 other people to also get it. Then since you have vag-com charge $20 to do it for locals and make your money back. (I will help the 2 other R's in the area out free of charge. I've vag-com'd many peoples' cars, codes.. logging.. the well known VCDS "mods"... and never charged, because I'm just that way)

Everyone who paid, good for you! Everyone that didn't, you're welcome.

I would never charge to let someone use my vagcom. That's what mandatory donations are for
      2013 CW 4D Golf .:R / UnitedMotorsport stage 2/ APR RSC TB Exhaust / Forge TwinTake / NSP Golf .:R boost guage / Autotech HPFP........

Vehicles
      1999 Saab 9-3, 2012 Golf R Rising Blue
      12-03-2012 09:14 PM #548
      I was all for paying $100, and I guarantee if APR said they'd include ESC off in a tune for $100, everyone with APR software would have opted for it.\
      But if they all found out after that it was a few digit code change via VCDS, they would be pissed!

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 RB .:R
      12-03-2012 09:20 PM #549
      Quote Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
      But if they all found out after that it was a few digit code change via VCDS, they would be pissed!
      Exactly lol.
      4dr Rising Blue Golf R | APR STG2+ | VWR Intake | APR FMIC | APR RSC TBE | APR HPFP | APR RFD | DXD STAGE 3 DAILY CLUTCH | P3CARS BOOST GAUGE | OEM LED TAILS | DIESELGEEK SS | 034 CATCH CAN

Vehicles
      12-03-2012 09:24 PM #550
      Quote Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by BlackRabbit34 View Post
      Exactly lol.
      I'm not...

Vehicles
      1999 Saab 9-3, 2012 Golf R Rising Blue
      12-03-2012 09:39 PM #551
      I'm not...
      You would be if you gave APR $100...

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R 4dr Rising Blue
      12-03-2012 10:00 PM #552
      This **** has gotten out of hand. Wow.

I seriously can't believe this thread has turned out the way it has. It's embarrassing in a sense. This time last week we're all banding together to find a solution and enlisting support from the entire car community. Now we ridicule the guy that brings us a solution, and charges a nominal $100 fee. Stop complaining and go do some donuts because wait...you can now.
      Truth is, if it wasn't for him, the other threads would of kept going and all the "figuring out" would of continued, and until someone with knowledge of the coding stepped in, we would of been waiting for VW to act.

I'm glad I bought this car for the car and not for the community because I'm disgusted. This is truly a piss poor showing. The guy fixed a problem for us and now everyone is sh!tting on him because he got some money for his trouble.

Let me say that not all of us feel this way. Taylor, DoTuning, OP, and others associated with fixing the issue please don't think that these whiny turds represent the group as a whole. I paid my money and was happy to do so. Thank you.
      I agree with this.

True story!
      This is also true. Say this "fix" was "released" without any mention of donation, I really wonder how many people would go to the guy, ask him for his paypal and donate. Not many, if any. It seems that demand for this was rather high anyway. A lot of us were unhappy we couldn't disable it.

I'm too lazy to read back but someone suggested the guy should of posted the info and waited till he gets the payment first then release the "fix". Seeing how much trouble this caused, that plan could potentially mean disaster! Everyone would of complained why 300 people had to cough up 100$ for "such a simple fix"

Did everyone get their code after sending the 100$? Or did you happen to get it and then send the 100$?

After reading a few posts in the intake thread, I'm surprised we dont have a 16 page thread complaining how the VWR intake has high fuel trims #'s and it had a bigger impact on your wallet than this did
      Current: 2012 VW Golf R (rising blue) / UM tuned

28. 12-03-2012 10:11 PM #553
      This thread has degenerated into typical VWVortex. Thank you.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf R
      12-03-2012 10:41 PM #554
      Whoa.... this thread went from GREATNESS to EPIC FAIL
      12' CW 4Dr Loaded Golf R

Never enough power!!!!

30. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      12-04-2012 12:09 AM #555
      As someone who has yet to get the car the only thing holding me back from getting the .:R in the springtime was ESC. When I called the customer care line and voiced my displeasure at this issue I also threw out some "fixes". One that I would have had no problems with would have been getting the defeat as an "option". Checking the box for the defeat and paying like $500 from VW would have been a no brainer to me. I'm not the only one who feels this way. This was a make or break issue for a lot of people. Also when I get my car and I get it flashed I also would have paid HPA, APR, UM..... etc to have it done. Dude did this community a sold so why shouldn't he make some $krilla? Maybe APR, HPA etc solved this but they have not released it for what ever reason. While many peeps put in mad work to narrow the culprit down, dude was the first to slam it home! Mad props Homeboy and in the springtime I will kick you down some $$$ to at least buy your favorite 6 pack!
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

12-05-2012 11:23 PM #556
      Does anyone know if this would work on a 2013 Audi A3?
      Quis Mulgere Ipsos Lac Homines

12-06-2012 12:13 PM #557
      Hey NOTAVR,

If you or your buddy can figure out how to keep my radio on till I take the key out of the ignition I will pay you 100$
      '12 Golf R 2D Rising Blue #1026
      www.oemplus.com
      www.goapr.com

Vehicles
      2012 VW GOLF R, 2012 RZR 900 XP
      12-06-2012 02:52 PM #558
      Quote Originally Posted by YoungMedic View Post
      Hey NOTAVR,

If you or your buddy can figure out how to keep my radio on till I take the key out of the ignition I will pay you 100$
      I found this, let me know if this works...

Quote:
      Originally Posted by djaikon
      Apologies if this question has been asked before...I did search.

Is there any way to use VCDS to code the radio so that it doesn't turn off when the car's ignition is switched off? Currently, say I'm waiting for someone, listening to music via bluetooth, and turn off the ignition, the bluetooth disconnects. I have to power on the radio and wait for the bluetooth to reconnect before I can resume listening (first world problem).

I have the RNS-510, 2012 autobahn.

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.p...0&postcount=10

Do the Changing Instrument to Rest of World (RoW) code only. Ignore the rest unless you want that too.

This worked on my 2012 GTI - the radio and bluetooth will not shut off unless you remove the key
      United Motorsport 12.58@106 mph on 93 Octane
      Skela official test driver
      Texas Mile October 2010 171.6 mph

12-06-2012 03:05 PM #559
      Quote Originally Posted by climbingcue View Post
      I found this, let me know if this works...

Quote:
      Originally Posted by djaikon
      Apologies if this question has been asked before...I did search.

Is there any way to use VCDS to code the radio so that it doesn't turn off when the car's ignition is switched off? Currently, say I'm waiting for someone, listening to music via bluetooth, and turn off the ignition, the bluetooth disconnects. I have to power on the radio and wait for the bluetooth to reconnect before I can resume listening (first world problem).

I have the RNS-510, 2012 autobahn.

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.p...0&postcount=10

Do the Changing Instrument to Rest of World (RoW) code only. Ignore the rest unless you want that too.

This worked on my 2012 GTI - the radio and bluetooth will not shut off unless you remove the key
      Hmm I think Im already ROW, Ill go double check though
      '12 Golf R 2D Rising Blue #1026
      www.oemplus.com
      www.goapr.com

Vehicles
      Golf R
      12-06-2012 03:37 PM #560
      Quote Originally Posted by YoungMedic View Post
      Hey NOTAVR,

i don't think there's an accessory on the ignition, only off. not 100% sure but on my wifes fit she has a "2 stage " ignition

the RoW thing only works on the nav units i believe
      Last edited by notavr; 12-06-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast