Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Results 376 to 400 of 574

    Thread: Last traction control thread needed

    1. Member mcgyver7923's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2003
      Location
      North Ridgeville, OH
      Posts
      802
      Vehicles
      2012 RB APR Stage 3 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:40 PM #376
      _________________________________________________
      12 Golf R RB 4-Door Sunroof - APR Stage 3
      HS Tuning - www.hstuning.com

    2. 12-01-2012 01:40 PM #377
      Quote Originally Posted by StellaVW View Post
      Go with Jeff, and all you will ever need are constant "updates."

      Canada:
      Software Coding: 144B800C49248000281301EC921A0141310000

      United States:
      Software Coding: 144B800C492A0000280E01E7921B0041B70000

      Something looks ODD.
      So when it's recoded and works I'm going to need an update...??? Lol this isn't software it's a recode of existing software. Like adding window control on your key fob or doing the wink mod. Once it's done there is no need for a update.
      2013 CW 4D Golf .:R / UnitedMotorsport stage 2/ APR RSC TB Exhaust / Forge TwinTake / NSP Golf .:R boost guage / Autotech HPFP........

    3. Member wayneGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2011
      Location
      MA / Berlin, DE
      Posts
      481
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:41 PM #378
      Got my code updated, time to test it out

      Great work Taylor!
      2012 Golf R .: Built Motor | APR Stage 3

    4. Member sc0ttyb's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 2007
      Location
      PHX
      Posts
      685
      Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      12-01-2012 01:42 PM #379
      Quote Originally Posted by DaLeadBull View Post
      Yea, I'm not sure if making it a mandatory charge is the right thing to do. I was all for donating some moola out of principle but charging everybody 100 bucks for a simple vag com fix, eh I don't know about that.

      Not intended as any hate though, he came up with the fix and its up to him how he wants to provide that service.
      I would have absolutely donated money to this if it was actually on a donation basis, but now not so much. I guess I'll just have to live with not having it.

    5. Member MKV Aaron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2007
      Location
      Westerville, Ohio
      Posts
      2,883
      Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:46 PM #380
      Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttyb View Post
      I would have absolutely donated money to this if it was actually on a donation basis, but now not so much. I guess I'll just have to live with not having it.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      777
      Vehicles
      2012 4dr GTI Autobahn, RIP: 2000 4dr Golf GLS 1.8T - 226384 miles.
      12-01-2012 01:50 PM #381
      It's staggering to me how many of people are willing to blindly recode a safety-critical component of their car simply because some guy on the interwebs says that it makes their car better. Even more staggering is that they are prepared to pay for that privilege.

      Questions;
      1. How has this change been tested? Is there a test plan out there that shows that other braking functionality hasn't been adversely affected.
      2. Who is standing behind this from a legal standpoint? ie, if it turns out that the abs controller fails to do what is it supposed to under some emergency situation, who is covering the damages if your insurance company doesn't?

      I'm not wanting to be negative here and I understand that some of you track-hounds want to be able to disable traction control, but I'm having a hard time believing that this won't end up on the road.

    7. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      12-01-2012 01:52 PM #382
      ^^^ Idiot. Post 374 is

      Let Taylor make his money! Wtf?!

    8. Member peplsuk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2002
      Location
      Alaska
      Posts
      938
      Vehicles
      Golf R, 20th GTI Sold
      12-01-2012 01:54 PM #383
      Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
      I'm going to guess from the video that you don't have an HPA Haldex controller. I figured the R would have a hard time whipping the rear around given its FWD nature but not quite that much.

      Someone with snow, and HPA controller and 2 stage esp post a video for reference. I'm guessing it gets it around much better.




      Not directed at you but the comment in general.. Lets face it, by the time most of us took delivery of the car we knew ESP was going to be an issue. If you continued to go forward with the purchase of the car you accepted it and complaining about it after the fact makes you look silly. Since then what people have proven is that ESP is a non-issue for nearly all circumstances you'd encounter on public roads and track days if you set up the car properly. So that leaves the people that want to do donuts, rear wheel steer and drifting Tokyo Drift style. That's all fun stuff and has a place but I never saw it as a reason to not buy the car. Will I enjoy the hooliganism every now and then? Heck yes. Did I, or would I, base the purchase or re-purchase of the car based on the fact that I can't act like a 16 year old in a parking lot? No way.

      All that said, buy your flashes everyone and enjoy the car. There was another member who posted in this thread to be careful and flash back to stock before you go in for any dealer visits. I PMd the guy and from the story he told me on VWoAs reaction to changing the code in the ABS module I'd make sure you do that. VWoA wasn't happy one bit!
      it would be easy to get the rear end to come around if I didn't have winter tires with studs.

    9. n00b
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2012
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2012 Shelby GT500, 2013 Golf R CSG
      12-01-2012 01:57 PM #384
      Anyone in the Phoenix area willing to help me out getting the correct info? I can order a VAG cable and probably will soon enough, but I would appreciate help on collecting this info.

      Thanks,
      Craig

    10. 12-01-2012 02:03 PM #385
      I exchanged a few PM's with webcrawlr and he suggested I pass this on to everyone about my experience with the dealer and my changes using the SVM tool....

      "I got questions at the dealership about how I was able to change the coding on the ABS module to match ROW. I didn't think much of it, till I got a certified letter from VW letting me know that I was risking having my warranty voided for making "un-approved" changes, and that I should undo any changes. I also went back to the dealership to have the re-scan my car, and was told that everything looked good.

      It was the only change that had flagged my car - I had done other changes - i.e. comfort windows, LED tails, blinker wink. etc all before my 90 day checkup...and nothing had been mentioned.

      If you are planning on doing the coding change...I think the way that dotuning did it is the way to go, and easily reversible. I did my changes using SVM - I will probably try dotuning's route. "

      Please note that this was my experience, with my local dealer....I'm sure the all knowing ThatVdub is going to pipe in that I'm full of crap or that you can't get access to SVM unless you are a dealer, etc - so please take this for what you want it.

      If you are in the Boulder, CO and need/want to take a scan of your car so you can go the dotunings route, I can probably help you out.

    11. Member GTIVRon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2009
      Location
      Keller, Texas
      Posts
      4,477
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 02:03 PM #386
      Quote Originally Posted by climbingcue View Post
      Mr against turning off ESP, you are not allowed to smile or have any fun when turning to off.
      I was never against it turning it off. Find the post where I said it shouldn't be allowed. I did give my views on why the US were the only ones, and I did say it probably won't help most of you with track times. I also said there are other problems that bother me more than not being able to turn ESP off. Hell, my corrado will whip around easily with a simply flick of the steering wheel on any kind of road in any kind of condition.

      Just wait and see all the "another one down" threads from people like you.
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Daily Driver Status
      2012 Golf R - Weekend/Need A/C Status

    12. Member sc0ttyb's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 2007
      Location
      PHX
      Posts
      685
      Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White TTRS
      12-01-2012 02:06 PM #387
      Quote Originally Posted by MKV Aaron View Post
      Yes, clearly I'm nuts for having a different opinion.

    13. Member climbingcue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2001
      Location
      Morristown NJ
      Posts
      9,852
      Vehicles
      '12 VW GOLF R, '03 Toyota 4Runner, '12 RZR 900 XP
      12-01-2012 02:08 PM #388
      Quote Originally Posted by StellaVW View Post
      Go with Jeff, and all you will ever need are constant "updates."

      Canada:
      Software Coding: 144B800C49248000281301EC921A0141310000

      United States:
      Software Coding: 144B800C492A0000280E01E7921B0041B70000

      Something looks ODD.
      Is this the fix?
      United Motorsport 12.311@112 mph on 93 octane
      Georgia 1/2 mile 2014 135.78 mph

    14. Member ScratchRob13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2006
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      899
      Vehicles
      '01 Audi A4, '12 CTS-V Wagon, '15 Dmax High Country, '01 Spec Miata
      12-01-2012 02:08 PM #389
      Quote Originally Posted by genixia View Post
      It's staggering to me how many of people are willing to blindly recode a safety-critical component of their car simply because some guy on the interwebs says that it makes their car better. Even more staggering is that they are prepared to pay for that privilege.

      Questions;
      1. How has this change been tested? Is there a test plan out there that shows that other braking functionality hasn't been adversely affected.
      2. Who is standing behind this from a legal standpoint? ie, if it turns out that the abs controller fails to do what is it supposed to under some emergency situation, who is covering the damages if your insurance company doesn't?

      I'm not wanting to be negative here and I understand that some of you track-hounds want to be able to disable traction control, but I'm having a hard time believing that this won't end up on the road.
      It's just coding over to the euro/Canada version of the abs controller... Which is OEM...

      Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
      2001 Audi A4 QM 1.8T | Under Construction...
      2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon | Daddy Missile.
      2012 VW Golf R | Mini-AvantSOLD
      2015 Chevy Dmax | High Country

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2010
      Location
      Madison, WI
      Posts
      722
      Vehicles
      '13 Golf .:R, '14 Mazda 6, '13 Star Raider SCL
      12-01-2012 02:12 PM #390
      Quote Originally Posted by DViggen View Post
      I exchanged a few PM's with webcrawlr and he suggested I pass this on to everyone about my experience with the dealer and my changes using the SVM tool....

      "I got questions at the dealership about how I was able to change the coding on the ABS module to match ROW. I didn't think much of it, till I got a certified letter from VW letting me know that I was risking having my warranty voided for making "un-approved" changes, and that I should undo any changes. I also went back to the dealership to have the re-scan my car, and was told that everything looked good.

      It was the only change that had flagged my car - I had done other changes - i.e. comfort windows, LED tails, blinker wink. etc all before my 90 day checkup...and nothing had been mentioned.

      If you are planning on doing the coding change...I think the way that dotuning did it is the way to go, and easily reversible. I did my changes using SVM - I will probably try dotuning's route. "

      Please note that this was my experience, with my local dealer....I'm sure the all knowing ThatVdub is going to pipe in that I'm full of crap or that you can't get access to SVM unless you are a dealer, etc - so please take this for what you want it.

      If you are in the Boulder, CO and need/want to take a scan of your car so you can go the dotunings route, I can probably help you out.

      So are we to take this as "you did not have dotuning's" coding when VWoA sent you a letter???
      I was going to say damn, that was fast!!! It's only been out for a couple days!!!

      So, the real question is, has anyone with this coding been to the dealer and been scanned with no problem???
      2010 Mk6 GTI DSG SB; APR K04, Carbonio 1 & 2, UR catted/resonated DP, Eurojet FMIC, Billy Boat cat back Uni DSG flash 313 WHP!. Traded for;
      2013 .:R! Traded for:
      2014 Mazda6 GTs

    16. Member GTIVRon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2009
      Location
      Keller, Texas
      Posts
      4,477
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 02:14 PM #391
      Quote Originally Posted by GOT R32? View Post
      GTIVRon you are a rock sucking hypocrite!!! I'm here to put your punk @$$ on blast! How the funk are you going to attack me because a) I will not spend my hard earned money on a car that doesn't have a feature I want (ESC defeat), b) Tell me this is not the car for me when you don't even know me c) Say I'm "Doing it wrong" if ESC kicks in! Then your punk @$$ goes out and dose the exact thing you were criticizing me for? Guess what Your sorry @$$ is doing it wrong! Not only are you "doing it wrong" because you just did something ESC would prevent. You also "did it wrong" because you talked ish about the community efforts to right this wrong and then you get the defeat and go out and do what you preached about not doing!!!!

      Oh and by the way the history and lineage of that Golf R ............... Oh wait Golf.:R is the OG .:R and that is the MKIV.:R32 which I own. So yes when I get my Golf.:R in the springtime she will be sharing space with her older sister. If you don't like what I just said STFU........... Oh wait you already went out and did what you preached about not doing. Care to have a beer to wash down all that crow and humble pie you just ate?
      LOL. Too much time on your hands. I never said it shouldn't be disabled, and even in the posts you quoted I didn't even one time contradict myself. Like I said, I wouldn't turn it off on summer or race compound tires on a dry paved road. If the ESP kicks in, then I'll know I ****ed up, and be happy that I didn't turn it off and end up in the kitty litter or a tire wall.

      I did this mod because I can. I just didn't cry and bitch like a typical American brat that people like you are. I will turn it off and hoon, since now I can, at the off chance we get snow in Texas. I might even go have fun in rained out parking lots. But not having the ability didn't turn me into a crying bitch because I couldn't do that.
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Daily Driver Status
      2012 Golf R - Weekend/Need A/C Status

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2010
      Location
      Madison, WI
      Posts
      722
      Vehicles
      '13 Golf .:R, '14 Mazda 6, '13 Star Raider SCL
      12-01-2012 02:15 PM #392
      Quote Originally Posted by climbingcue View Post
      Is this the fix?
      NO!

      It's just 2 codes from different vehicles. My old code and my new one look very different!
      2010 Mk6 GTI DSG SB; APR K04, Carbonio 1 & 2, UR catted/resonated DP, Eurojet FMIC, Billy Boat cat back Uni DSG flash 313 WHP!. Traded for;
      2013 .:R! Traded for:
      2014 Mazda6 GTs

    18. Member climbingcue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2001
      Location
      Morristown NJ
      Posts
      9,852
      Vehicles
      '12 VW GOLF R, '03 Toyota 4Runner, '12 RZR 900 XP
      12-01-2012 02:15 PM #393
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRon View Post
      Just wait and see all the "another one down" threads from people like you.
      It could happen, but I am not some 20 year old kid, I want choices so don't need people like you telling me that I am going to crash my car without ESC. I had my 04 R32 for 8 years and over 20 track days and a winter driving school and I never crashed my car.
      United Motorsport 12.311@112 mph on 93 octane
      Georgia 1/2 mile 2014 135.78 mph

    19. 12-01-2012 02:24 PM #394
      Quote Originally Posted by davesxx01 View Post
      NO!

      It's just 2 codes from different vehicles. My old code and my new one look very different!
      Wow, you are slow.

    20. Member GTIVRon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2009
      Location
      Keller, Texas
      Posts
      4,477
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      12-01-2012 02:27 PM #395
      Quote Originally Posted by climbingcue View Post
      It could happen, but I am not some 20 year old kid, I want choices so don't need people like you telling me that I am going to crash my car without ESC. I had my 04 R32 for 8 years and over 20 track days and a winter driving school and I never crashed my car.
      R32 had a different weight balance. Read my first "it works" post in here. The rear of this car comes around easily, and suddenly. I am on the stock A/S tires so it's not as violent due to the lack of grip the tires give. But for your safety and those around you, please leave ESC on on the streets with summer or race compound tires. Go ahead and turn it off if you have plenty of room for spinning out. Me.. I won't, but that's because "drifting" isn't the way to bring down lap times, and I'd rather keep my car out of the sand traps and tire walls.
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Daily Driver Status
      2012 Golf R - Weekend/Need A/C Status

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Burlington, NC
      Posts
      4,833
      Vehicles
      '16 S5 / '12 Atom / '14 CC R-Line
      12-01-2012 02:28 PM #396
      This thread is about to get fun.
      ---
      2016 Audi S5 | Daytona Gray | 6MT | Black Optics Plus | Sport Differential | Technology Package | Black Alcantara | Carbon Atlas
      MK6 Golf R (Sold) | CC R-Line

    22. Member climbingcue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2001
      Location
      Morristown NJ
      Posts
      9,852
      Vehicles
      '12 VW GOLF R, '03 Toyota 4Runner, '12 RZR 900 XP
      12-01-2012 02:31 PM #397
      Quote Originally Posted by davesxx01 View Post
      NO!

      It's just 2 codes from different vehicles. My old code and my new one look very different!
      Just replace the bold canada values in the proper position of your long code.
      United Motorsport 12.311@112 mph on 93 octane
      Georgia 1/2 mile 2014 135.78 mph

    23. 12-01-2012 02:32 PM #398
      Quote Originally Posted by climbingcue View Post
      Is this the fix?
      it is the fix, just replace the bold canada digits to your long code, done

    24. Member ESA31.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2002
      Location
      Lake Tahoe Area
      Posts
      822
      Vehicles
      2014 Prius Plug-in, 2004 GMC Denali, 2002 Eurovan Camper
      12-01-2012 02:42 PM #399
      Quote Originally Posted by riderbmx4 View Post
      it is the fix, just replace the bold canada digits to your long code, done
      I'll try this tonight and report back if it works.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2011
      Location
      SoCal and El Paso, TX ;-)
      Posts
      2,097
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      12-01-2012 02:46 PM #400
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRon View Post
      Just wait and see all the "another one down" threads from people like you.
      Once again you contradict yourself. You just said because of the ability to turn ESC off there will be more "another one down" threads. But yet you drive a 1992 Corrado. Dose your Corrado have ESC? No. So how come you haven't ended up in the kitty litter at the track or wrapped around a telephone poll on the street? Is it that you are the only driver around who can drive a car without nannies and not end up strapped to an ambulance backboard? Keep drinking that hateraid because you only make yourself look a fool every time you post.

      FYI in 6 years of owning my MKIV.:R I turn off the nannies 100% of the time just because. That's over 100k miles with a boat load of mods and many many track days. Still the rubber side stays down.
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

    Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •