VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

My 87 20v Project

9K views 75 replies 20 participants last post by  cdiddydo 
#1 ·
Ok so i have owned the car now for about 4 years, i bought it to be my first car and did all the required maintenance to get it roadworthy only to find out it continually overheated. Finding out the number 2 cylinder piston ring had gone and took a big chunk outta the block, it was off to find a new motor, i stumbled up vwvortex and read up on swaps, boom found a full mk4 gti donor for 1500$!!!!!!!!!!!!!but i was stupid didn't have all the resources and didn't know much so it never really go to far except a good strip down, then after a move i decided to get a shop to finish it and well that didn't go as planed either. that brings us to where i am at today!

time for some pictures!!!!!!

when i first got it

dads old toys

then we found this

the donor

this is about when it went to the shop

and fast forward about 2 years ish and i started getting all the parts and what not
, then to speed up the motor build i decided hey lets trade someone my 11000 mile 1.8t for one that made 400whp and only has 50000 km and a bit of cash on my end.

so i traded for the motor from this car
http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/eurp_0807_2002_volkswagen_gti_337/

another year went by but the shop was just to busy so me and my dad decided to take the car back, i live in my own place now so we took it there, first things first was getting the pans done so sent it away to a buddy who did a great job getting the new pans welded in, and today i went to work finish sealing them and hit them with some undercoat.......PROGRESS

and here is a picture of my daily

look forward to trying to progress this as quick as possible, next up is take out front subframe and swap in mk3 knuckles and vr k frame:cool:

See less See more
#76 ·
So incase anyone has been wondering what happened to this thing.....

i still have it i fiddle with it i just lost some motivation. I got the bug again and i am trying to piece it back together and swap it to ce2:facepalm::facepalm:

also this is why i lost motivation because i upgraded to this from the a4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.