Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 cc?

1. 01-02-2013 11:25 AM #1
      Hi, I have been hearing that the CC will be all new for the 2015 model year.

What I am wondering is: are they going to make the sunroof sliding? i mean, even scion figured out how to make it slide on the outside.

I will be in the market for a car by 2014 and will be interested in the CC. I looked at it this time around, but the lack of sliding sunroof and wobbly center consul made it lose out to a mercedez c class.

anyone have any ANY news on this?

Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      01-03-2013 03:35 AM #2
      Wobbly center console? My 2012 is solid as a brick.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      01-03-2013 05:08 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 12vwcc View Post
      Wobbly center console? My 2012 is solid as a brick.
      My console is solid also. I have been a member of this forum for a few years and have never heard of a "Wobbly Console" before. Makes me LOL.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/CC lux
      01-03-2013 06:42 AM #4
      A sunroof made you buy a C class? LOL!
      2012 VW CC lux - Night blue / black leatherette (Mine)
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blackberry Pearl / black leather (Wife)

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport Reflex Silver
      01-03-2013 07:08 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidPaul View Post
      My console is solid also. I have been a member of this forum for a few years and have never heard of a "Wobbly Console" before. Makes me LOL.
      While mine is not "wobbly" i does move slightly and make a slight squeaky/cracky (plastic rubbing against plastic) sound. It is kind of anoying. It typically happens when making a turn my right leg pressess against the center console and it moves (just a hair or two but enough to make it make noise). It also happens on a slightly bumpy road and sometimes upon "takeoff". by take off i mean when going from a stand still and accelerarting to whatever road speed and not like a bat out of hell although certainly when doing that as well!

it seems to be multifactoral. 1st, the plasic is quite thin making it move more easily (think warping acting, not a shearing action).

2nd there arent any buffers or seals between multiple pieces of plastic that are screwed together and while i dont know of any car that does do that, i can imagine that doing so (with a rubber washer for example) might allow for a tighter fit without the rubbing or shearing action associated with two materials moving disharmoniously (different directions or different rates at the same direction)

It is not so much an issue that it happens every day or at every instance. some times it happens and other times (in seemingly the same conditions) it does not happen!

all i know is my Toyota Camry Solara DID NOT DO THIS! but this is hardly enough to warrant not trading it in for the CC. It is still a far superior vehicle with just a few "why the hell did they do that?" things i will just have to get used to!

cheers
      fog light mod (almost complete). euro headlight switch, euro cup holder, 2013 CC door sills, 35% tint

Vehicles
      '99 Mk3 GTi VR6, '12 CC
      01-03-2013 10:09 AM #6
      Sure is a long wait
      Eurotuner 02/10

Quote Originally Posted by Golfatron3 View Post
      sold to a lucky Civic owner for a very good price

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 3.6
      01-03-2013 11:19 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by martinelles View Post
      While mine is not "wobbly" i does move slightly and make a slight squeaky/cracky (plastic rubbing against plastic) sound. It is kind of anoying. It typically happens when making a turn my right leg pressess against the center console and it moves (just a hair or two but enough to make it make noise). It also happens on a slightly bumpy road and sometimes upon "takeoff". by take off i mean when going from a stand still and accelerarting to whatever road speed and not like a bat out of hell although certainly when doing that as well!

it seems to be multifactoral. 1st, the plasic is quite thin making it move more easily (think warping acting, not a shearing action).

2nd there arent any buffers or seals between multiple pieces of plastic that are screwed together and while i dont know of any car that does do that, i can imagine that doing so (with a rubber washer for example) might allow for a tighter fit without the rubbing or shearing action associated with two materials moving disharmoniously (different directions or different rates at the same direction)

It is not so much an issue that it happens every day or at every instance. some times it happens and other times (in seemingly the same conditions) it does not happen!

all i know is my Toyota Camry Solara DID NOT DO THIS! but this is hardly enough to warrant not trading it in for the CC. It is still a far superior vehicle with just a few "why the hell did they do that?" things i will just have to get used to!

cheers
      That along with the armrest drives me nuts!!!

I do however love the big moonroof and would rather have it instead of a sunroof that slides open.

Vehicles
      2013 CC 3.6L Executive Black/Black
      01-03-2013 09:22 PM #8
      Do not get the C class over the CC. In my opinion, I think the CC has a lot more features for far less money. I went through this decision before purchasing my CC. The executive CC is has many luxurious features and looks more sporty and unique compared to the C class. You will just end up paying thousands more just for the Mercedes logo and added on is the reliability issues and high maintenance costs. Please don't consider the C class over the CC just because of a sunroof. But again that's just my opinion.

Back to OP: 2015 should be a new refreshed or a complete redesign. By then the new Phaeton should be arriving in the US so I think the CC should have more of the features that are present in the European model. This should make the CC fit perfectly between the Passat and the new flagship Phaeton. Concerning the sunroof, I think the new CC should come with a sliding sunroof. Look at the Mercedes-Benz CLS class, it has a more sloped roof line and it still has the regular sliding sunroof. Maybe if the panoramic roof is switched for a normal sized one it could be possible?

9. 01-03-2013 11:56 PM #9
      I'll chime in too. I'm ditching VW for a Mercedes x 2. Both my wife and I have had the worst luck with our '10 Tig and '11 VR6 CC. I'm actually being let out of my '11 CC due to my lemon law proceedings. I've owned 4 VWs and the first two were great. The second two have seen the owner experience cheapened and dealership quality made a laughing matter. I can't take my car in without it being damaged each and every time.

I can believe he bought a C class over a CC. The benz has more luxury, better economy, and reliability IMHO.

But this is also being posted in a VW forum, so of course you guys are going to be biased. Happy trails VW.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC-R
      01-04-2013 02:21 AM #10
      Based on the changes made in the 2013 refresh I don't have much hope for what the next redesign brings, but who knows... maybe they'll surprise me.

Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      01-04-2013 05:20 AM #11
      Well the new Golf looks pretty good if you ask me. And if thats any indication, the next CC should be breathtaking. Realistically, they tried to restyle the CC from a swoopy curvaceous car to a modern box. Well they just mixed the two to create an "ok" look. I have faith the next redesign will be great.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2008.5 Passat VR6 4Motion/Sport Sedan
      01-04-2013 05:30 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post
      I'll chime in too. I'm ditching VW for a Mercedes x 2. Both my wife and I have had the worst luck with our '10 Tig and '11 VR6 CC. I'm actually being let out of my '11 CC due to my lemon law proceedings. I've owned 4 VWs and the first two were great. The second two have seen the owner experience cheapened and dealership quality made a laughing matter. I can't take my car in without it being damaged each and every time.

I can believe he bought a C class over a CC. The benz has more luxury, better economy, and reliability IMHO.

But this is also being posted in a VW forum, so of course you guys are going to be biased. Happy trails VW.
      Don't know man, German cars are very much alike -- they're complex and love their maintenance, sometimes to death. If I went through what you did -- and I seem to remember something quirky about the CC gas gauge; totally not atypical of German cars -- I'd go for Lexus or some other Asian brand.

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 4Motion
      01-04-2013 07:51 AM #13

It's a matter of opinion and experiences vary, of course, but generally Mercedes hasn't been synonymous with reliability at any point in recent history. All European cars are maintenance intensive. You could make an argument that a Lexus or Infiniti or other Japanese car is more reliable, but I'm not really seeing how Mercedes fits.

And for the same money as a decently equipped C-class, the CC offers more luxury features. A base C250 costs over $36,000, and once you check the boxes for things like navigation and the "Premium" package which includes things like heated power seats (standard on a CC), you're well over $40K. At which point you could get a CC 4Motion with a much more powerful engine, all-wheel drive, and features that the C-class doesn't even offer such as front ventilated seats. So if you can live without the three-pointed star on the nose of your vehicle, I see no reason to buy the Mercedes.
      Last edited by Matt.B; 01-04-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      01-04-2013 11:29 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt.B View Post
      It's a matter of opinion and experiences vary, of course, but generally Mercedes hasn't been synonymous with reliability at any point in recent history. All European cars are maintenance intensive. You could make an argument that a Lexus or Infiniti or other Japanese car is more reliable, but I'm not really seeing how Mercedes fits.

And for the same money as a decently equipped C-class, the CC offers more luxury features. A base C250 costs over $36,000, and once you check the boxes for things like navigation and the "Premium" package which includes things like heated power seats (standard on a CC), you're well over $40K. At which point you could get a CC 4Motion with a much more powerful engine, all-wheel drive, and features that the C-class doesn't even offer such as front ventilated seats. So if you can live without the three-pointed star on the nose of your vehicle, I see no reason to buy the Mercedes.
      You can say you drive a Mercedes...

I do, however, agree with your assessment. CC > C-Class, in my opinion.
      2013 Black CC 4Motion | Mods: Titanium Black Interior | Hartmann 256-GA:M 19"

15. 01-04-2013 12:55 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoVDub View Post

I used to appreciate VW as I've been a long time customer of over 8 years. That being said, just because the VW has features, doesn't mean it's better.

Take this analogy for instance. You go buy a Windows phone and I own a iPhone or an Android. Sure, they both are phones and do music and apps. But, VW is the Windows phone equivalent. They are trying to be what the big two are and it shows where they can't measure up.

So, I would take the Benz over VW/Audi given what I've experienced. This includes the good times that made me buy VW again and the bad times over the last 3 years that have made me decide to leave the brand. For those on a smaller budget, VW is a good choice. I have simply moved on in my life to wanting more from a brand, features in the service side that VW used to offer and have since eliminated in the effort to streamline their operating model.

It's a business decision and one that may work well for them. But I became accustomed to a certain level of quality from VW and the bar has been lowered. Loaner cars are sparse, warranties have been shortened by a year, and my dealers in my area have a certain propensity for always scratching the car when it is with them. I simply would like my property taken care of.

But to each their own. I've found another German brand that I believe will better suit me as my time with this one has drawn to a close.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC VR6 4Motion
      01-04-2013 03:15 PM #16

Never said you couldn't say you drive a Mercedes. I'm not saying it's wrong to have a preference for a C-class over a CC...just pointing out that reliability and features are not necessarily advantages of the Mercedes.

01-07-2013 03:47 AM #17
      I think it comes down to which brand or more specifically which car on the market fits your needs best.
      It is true that a CC is great value for the money but it is also true that a Mercedes feels higher quality (at least C class and above). I never owned a Mercedes but I have a friend who owns a 2005 C class with leather interior and although externally looks old I have to say that I love the luxurios interior more than that of the CC.
      That being said, I also hate how often the center console of my CC squeaks and rattles
      I hope to fix the problem by adding some rubber here and there, but I definitely think that in the future I will buy the 2015 or 2017 model.
      It fits my needs perfectly, it's relatively luxurious without costing too much (cause I can't afford expensive cars) and at the same time a cool and rare (in my country) car!

@OP: I don't have any info on the sunroof, is it really a deal breaker for you?
      Last edited by giecsar; 01-07-2013 at 03:53 AM.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/CC lux
      01-07-2013 06:45 AM #18
      I used to appreciate VW as I've been a long time customer of over 8 years. That being said, just because the VW has features, doesn't mean it's better.

Take this analogy for instance. You go buy a Windows phone and I own a iPhone or an Android. Sure, they both are phones and do music and apps. But, VW is the Windows phone equivalent. They are trying to be what the big two are and it shows where they can't measure up.

So, I would take the Benz over VW/Audi given what I've experienced. This includes the good times that made me buy VW again and the bad times over the last 3 years that have made me decide to leave the brand. For those on a smaller budget, VW is a good choice. I have simply moved on in my life to wanting more from a brand, features in the service side that VW used to offer and have since eliminated in the effort to streamline their operating model.

It's a business decision and one that may work well for them. But I became accustomed to a certain level of quality from VW and the bar has been lowered. Loaner cars are sparse, warranties have been shortened by a year, and my dealers in my area have a certain propensity for always scratching the car when it is with them. I simply would like my property taken care of.

But to each their own. I've found another German brand that I believe will better suit me as my time with this one has drawn to a close.
      Well said. .
      2012 VW CC lux - Night blue / black leatherette (Mine)
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blackberry Pearl / black leather (Wife)

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 4Motion
      01-07-2013 10:44 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt.B View Post
      Never said you couldn't say you drive a Mercedes. I'm not saying it's wrong to have a preference for a C-class over a CC...just pointing out that reliability and features are not necessarily advantages of the Mercedes.
      Oh, I was in agreement with you. My comment was a 'status' thing.

"What kind of car do you have?"
      "Oh, a Mercedes..."
      2013 Black CC 4Motion | Mods: Titanium Black Interior | Hartmann 256-GA:M 19"

Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      01-07-2013 12:33 PM #20
      I was bound and determined before I bought my CC to get a 2012 Mercedes GLK350. LOVED the styling, the features, everything. And it works as a Colorado vehicle. However, I when I test drove it, I hated the fact that I was constantly setting the cruise control (the stalk is where the turn signal should be...).
      The climate control knobs felt chincy and made very much out of badly fitting plastic. And while the IP was well laid out, it was just so boring. Nothing in that car made me say wow.

Weirdly though, nothing about the CC made me say wow. I test drove it, felt like it was a decent car. I walked around it a good 65 times while the salesman was spouting off information. I thought, "this is a bit curvaceous for my tastes...but I think I could do this."

15 mins later, I was signing the approved paperwork. My car is growing on me. I love it more every single day.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC-R
      01-07-2013 12:52 PM #21
      To me you can look at the CC from two ways:

If you think you're buying a luxury sedan it seems inexpensive.
      If you think you're buying s standard midsize sedan it seems overpriced.

What's the right way to look at it? I don't know. I think the CC is better designed and higher quality than your average sedan, however not to the level of the luxury brands.

The CC especially (and VW in general) have always seems to straddle the gap between everyday and luxury, at least to me anyway.

Now with the introduction of more models specially design for the North American market with an emphasis at pushing down prices, VW feels more and more everyday.

Vehicles
      2013 CC 3.6L Executive Black/Black
      01-07-2013 07:40 PM #22
      Oh, I was in agreement with you. My comment was a 'status' thing.

"What kind of car do you have?"
      "Oh, a Mercedes..."
      It's much funnier telling someone you have a CC. They will be thinking of what a CC is.

Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      01-08-2013 03:39 PM #23
      Yes. I say "I drive a VW CC". They say..."oh, I've never heard of that"
      Then I say, "It's basically a Passat with a different body with some nicer features"
      Then they say, "Oh."

And you can tell they really don't know what a Passat is either.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      01-10-2013 11:47 PM #24
      Since I live about 40 miles north of the Mexican border, when I tell people I drive a CC, they think, Oh, you drive a yes yes vehicle?

I say, "But of course". Now the confusion on their part really begins.

Doncha just luv it.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 CC R-Line - Black
      01-07-2014 03:27 PM #25
      Don't know if this site is legit or dodgy, but:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswa...d-release-date

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC 2.0T DSG
      01-07-2014 03:54 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post

I would not mind the 500hp TT!!

Sent from Max's iPhone using Tapatalk -
      12CC DSG CW*APR KO4+UNI STG II DSG*APR3"DP*APRFMIC*NeuspeedP-Flo*NeuspeedTop&TurboDishcarge*BorlaCT*R8CP&NGK-PFR7B *USPTBC*GFBDV+*BFISTG1TM+EM*BSHTMI+CatchCan*STCoil s*StopTechDRF&R*HawkHPSF&R*Hotchkis27mmRSB*Hartman nHTT-256-GA:M*ContiDW*USPHID

27. Member
      Vehicles
      09 CC VR6 Sport - 08 K04 GTI - 86 Jetta Coupe
      01-07-2014 04:19 PM #27
      I like the non sliding sunroof on my VR6 CC. if it slid it would make me feel like i'm driving a Kia Optima.. as cool as it is to have it open i just don't like the look of an open panoramic sunroof on cars... it's jut my opinion. If it was an SUV (Tiguan, or Touareg) i'd definitely want it. I just think that if you opened the panoramic in the CC it would take away from the lines.

On a side note. I have a feeling that US may miss out on the next CC and get the Phaeton, or vice versa? Only time will tell.... if that's the case i'm holding on to my 09 VR6 forever as they may become rare like the Scirocco.

That new CC looks sweet, and the Shooting break is SEX!

28. 01-07-2014 04:25 PM #28
      I have had a sunroof in pretty much every car I've owned except the CC. I've never used it in any car I've owned. I actually didn't even noticed the CC didn't have one until after the test drive as I was walking around it.

29. 01-07-2014 08:10 PM #29
      I have had Mercedes and Volkswagen. I can say the C-Class vs the CC is very comparable. Lower Priced C-Class do not have real leather interior. Merc, like VW utilize and leatherette material in their entry level cars. Merc calls it MBTech. I had it in my C-Class and have it in my CC and Jetta. When I got my CC I was amazed at the quality, the ride, how quiet the car is. The Benz had tones of road noise, my CC is almost silent. I am sorry to hear some people have problems with the VW's. But I am sure you have people with nightmares from Merc dealers and cars. I know a guy that has a S500. The dash crapped out on him, $5000 to fix. That should not happen in a 100k + car, but it did. But I think VW is a great car for the money and just as good as a Merc C-Class. The only thing I like better in the Merc than the CC is in the Merc, the A/C on a very hot day, (I live in FL) comes out cold immediately, and in the CC and my Jetta, it takes like 5 Mins to get as cool as I would like it. And the other thing I liked about the Merc is that it is RWD.

30. 01-07-2014 08:40 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post

I wouldn't put any credence in what autoexpress says, they are usually about as correct as the Bible.
      2013 CC GT 177bhp TDi in Oryx white

31. 01-07-2014 08:42 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidPaul View Post
      Since I live about 40 miles north of the Mexican border, when I tell people I drive a CC, they think, Oh, you drive a yes yes vehicle?

I say, "But of course". Now the confusion on their part really begins.

Doncha just luv it.
      I think that's the funniest thing I have read this year yet.
      2013 CC GT 177bhp TDi in Oryx white

32. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line
      01-07-2014 11:17 PM #32
      From what scant info I've heard, it will be a 2016 model year coming out in late 2015.

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sportline DSG
      01-08-2014 04:45 PM #33
      SUnroof is not a big deal but it would be a bonus if it opened.

I own a CC and my wife owns a 2012 C300 4matic.

My opinion on these 2:
      CC gets better fuel economy
      Transmission is better in CC (regular auto in C300 kills the car)
      I like the electromechanical parking brake in CC better then the foot brake in the Benz.
      I also prefer the seats in my CC, looks and comfort I think.

Those points aside everything is better in the Benz, feels so much more solid, no rattles and creaks.
      Engine note is awesome (granted its a V6), more fun to drive, love the steering wheel.

However at this point if I did not mind auto transmission I would go for the CLA45 AMG. It's basically the same price we paid for the C300.

01-08-2014 05:28 PM #34
      All I care about is the newer TSI engine!
      2010 Volkswagen CC - Equipped with 2013 DSG Transmission - DSG Tune by Malone Tuning
      APR Stage II stuff, APR Intercooler, APR Boost Tap, SPULEN Throttle Body Pipe, SPULEN Turbo Outlet Pipe. REV D Diverter, and much more.

Vehicles
      2011 CC Sport
      01-08-2014 09:00 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by martinelles View Post
      and while i dont know of any car that does do that, i can imagine that doing so (with a rubber washer for example) might allow for a tighter fit without the rubbing or shearing action associated with two materials moving disharmoniously (different directions or different rates at the same direction)
      cheers
      My 06 Infiniti M45 had that done at the factory. A thin piece of felt was adhered inbetween ALL the plastic panels on the dash.. and in the center console. That car had no squeeks or rattles whatsoever. I was quite surprised I didn't find that on my VW when I took the console apart... but hey... you get what you pay for
      6000K HID kit from DDM / Windows UP/Down from remote, DRL's off, rain auto window rollup
      Depo projector headlights with LED strip
      LED Brake lights,turn signals, license plate and interior
      Homelink module installed with custom lighted buttons in shifter bezel
      Nexus 7 tablet / 10" Alpine Type R in custom small ported box + 500 Watt Alpine amp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast