Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 cc?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      12 cc r-line DSG 35%tint 50% windshield rear spoiler 19 sagitta r-line pedals
      01-09-2014 07:28 AM #36
      If the TT Golf R becomes available in US that's the only thing will replace my CC !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      12 cc RLine , K04 unitronic , unitronic stage 2+ software , unitronic stage 2 DSG ,unitronic CAI , spullen TOP & charge pipe , USP DP , B&B exhaust ,GFB DV+ , Tredstone FMIC , devils own meth kit ,19 sagitta wheels , koni ss coilovers ,35% tint all around

Vehicles
      13 CC R-Line
      01-09-2014 08:46 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by NRGCC View Post
      My 06 Infiniti M45 had that done at the factory. A thin piece of felt was adhered inbetween ALL the plastic panels on the dash.. and in the center console. That car had no squeeks or rattles whatsoever. I was quite surprised I didn't find that on my VW when I took the console apart... but hey... you get what you pay for
      This strategy actually works. I had an issue with some rubbing/rattling on the passenger side dash/footwell area. I took little pieces of black electrical tape and put them in the seams that I could see were rubbing. I tucked the tape in so it can not be seen. Now the only rattle I have is my sunglasses in the overhead holder.
      2013 CC R-Line Candy White/Black | APR Stage II | Eibach Prokit/Koni STR.T | R8 Coilpacks/Oil Cap | deAutoKey LED Interior/Puddle/Footwell Lamps | Euro Switch/Cupholder/Color R-Line Cluster | Flipout RVC | 35% Tint

3. 01-09-2014 01:07 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeinNJ View Post
      This strategy actually works. I had an issue with some rubbing/rattling on the passenger side dash/footwell area. I took little pieces of black electrical tape and put them in the seams that I could see were rubbing. I tucked the tape in so it can not be seen. Now the only rattle I have is my sunglasses in the overhead holder.
      I had some noises in my dash and the dealer removed the complete dust and replaced it using felt tape and now there is not a sound. I was kind of worried that they might make it worse but top marks to them for the great job they did. It was Listers in Coventry by the way.
      2013 CC GT 177bhp TDi in Oryx white

Vehicles
      2015 GTI 6MT Autobahn CSM
      01-09-2014 04:43 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Toma23 View Post
      If the TT Golf R becomes available in US that's the only thing will replace my CC !!

TT Golf R? Sounds cool....

Did you mean TTRS or MK7 Golf R?
      A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. ~Jeremy Clarkson

5. Member
      Vehicles
      12 cc r-line DSG 35%tint 50% windshield rear spoiler 19 sagitta r-line pedals
      01-09-2014 05:01 PM #40
      Mk7 TT , not sure if will be available in US

12 cc RLine , K04 unitronic , unitronic stage 2+ software , unitronic stage 2 DSG ,unitronic CAI , spullen TOP & charge pipe , USP DP , B&B exhaust ,GFB DV+ , Tredstone FMIC , devils own meth kit ,19 sagitta wheels , koni ss coilovers ,35% tint all around

Vehicles
      01-10-2014 09:15 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Toma23 View Post
      Mk7 TT , not sure if will be available in US

The MQB TT? I think it's MK3 but I see what you mean since MKQ is used for Golf MK7 as well.

I think it will come to US, the question will be what options they will offer and transmission choice.
      A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. ~Jeremy Clarkson

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 CC r-line
      01-13-2014 02:25 AM #42
      Back to the OP, my take on the c-class is this...it's for those who can't afford a real MB.

I used to work at a BMW dealership. I can't tell you how many times a 3-series owner came in and their credit card was declined. Even further, they had an attitude like they were better than everyone. The 5 and 7 series owners were usually very friendly, and many of them had black amex's. Same goes for MB owners...when I worked at the local MB dealership.

My take is, if you are buying a brands entry level car you need to analyze if you are living beyond your means. Maybe you are better suited with a more affordable brand where you can get more for your money.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I live in an area where you are judged based on what you drive. I understand that in many parts of the country a c-class is a very nice car not seen very often.
      2013 CC R-Line, Candy White, DSG, flat bottom GLI steering wheel, tint
      System: Factory RNS-315 switched to RCA level out, Phoenix Gold TBAt, Phoenix Gold ZPX2 crossover, Phoenix gold DD5, Dynaudio System 360 3-way components, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 amp (x2), Image Dynamics IDQ12

Vehicles
      BMP .:R32 Supercharged , '13 CC (POS)
      01-13-2014 09:22 AM #43
      Frankly, I would have to agree with the comment above. I have a 13 CC and i mean as cool as it is, there are many things i do not like about it that has me craving an A4/A5. I drive my cc on trips and idk about the rest of you but the Seats are not that comfortable I have a Sport ( maybe thats why ) I wanted the manual and you cant get that w/ the VR and i couldnt justify the extra money for the R Line when it wasnt awd and simply cosmetic changes. The sunroof thing does bother me and thats one reason i opted against it. I also cant backup worth a crap w/o that camera. the CC has a very limited field of view and blind spots. Othewise its a great car for the money but I can totally agree with the OP and the guy talking about the C class. Im sure if i spent the money on a R line or a Lux, my epxerience would have been better.

Im shooting for an Audi next go around.

Vehicles
      01-13-2014 09:37 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by CCdave View Post
      Back to the OP, my take on the c-class is this...it's for those who can't afford a real MB.

I used to work at a BMW dealership. I can't tell you how many times a 3-series owner came in and their credit card was declined. Even further, they had an attitude like they were better than everyone. The 5 and 7 series owners were usually very friendly, and many of them had black amex's. Same goes for MB owners...when I worked at the local MB dealership.

My take is, if you are buying a brands entry level car you need to analyze if you are living beyond your means. Maybe you are better suited with a more affordable brand where you can get more for your money.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I live in an area where you are judged based on what you drive. I understand that in many parts of the country a c-class is a very nice car not seen very often.
      I can't agree with this. The C-Class looks the best in my opinion (especially the facelift) and is most sporty (CLA was not around when I bought our C300).

I find E-Class and above more of an older person car but does not always have to be the case.

Also paying ~55k for a C-class in Canada is not exactly cheap.
      I don't really think the CC compares in this category unless you where going for a 3.6 4motion, but that's a whole different discussion.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      09 CC VR6 Sport - 08 K04 GTI - 86 Jetta Coupe
      01-13-2014 10:28 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by CCdave View Post
      Depends on what trim level of C class. If you are referring to the base C class, absolutely. I considered one when i looked at the CC. The CC just looked and felt better and was about $6k cheaper with less miles just because it was not a MB. SO i decided to get a a well equipped CC vs. a "watered down" MB. I do agree with you though.. some people in these entry level luxury brand models think they are all high and mighty.

11. 01-13-2014 11:03 PM #46
      I am not a MB expert by any means, but I did look into a C class at one point (probably like 3 years back). All the ones I saw had horribly cheap interiors. I means really bad. I would venture to say like entry level Dodge bad. Bad enough that I didn't even test drive one so it may drive amazing I don't know.

As far as Audi, personally, unless I was going like A6 or higher or maybe an S5, I would just get a VW. I mean they practically put the same engine in every car up to the A5 and to me personally the interior fit and finish is not that far superior than the higher trim VWs to warrant such an increase in price.

In regards to the comments about the entry level BMW owners I will have to agree to some extent. Although I don't know if it's just entry level or basically any 3 series. I have owned a couple BMWs and I will tell you 3 series owners are the worst. Mostly though I think it's because they are usually younger (honestly I found some of the same when I had my GTI. Again probably something to do with age). Personally I find that the "best" crowd is usually with the older BMWs (and older cars in general).

Vehicles
      01-14-2014 09:22 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
      I am not a MB expert by any means, but I did look into a C class at one point (probably like 3 years back). All the ones I saw had horribly cheap interiors. I means really bad. I would venture to say like entry level Dodge bad. Bad enough that I didn't even test drive one so it may drive amazing I don't know.

As far as Audi, personally, unless I was going like A6 or higher or maybe an S5, I would just get a VW. I mean they practically put the same engine in every car up to the A5 and to me personally the interior fit and finish is not that far superior than the higher trim VWs to warrant such an increase in price.

In regards to the comments about the entry level BMW owners I will have to agree to some extent. Although I don't know if it's just entry level or basically any 3 series. I have owned a couple BMWs and I will tell you 3 series owners are the worst. Mostly though I think it's because they are usually younger (honestly I found some of the same when I had my GTI. Again probably something to do with age). Personally I find that the "best" crowd is usually with the older BMWs (and older cars in general).
      MB has really improved their interior in teh C-Class as of 2012. That's the only reason I consider it.
      I think the A4 still has a better interior though and I find it superior to ours in the CC. It was very solid built although there are some cheap trim pieces in the lower end model.
      CC interior is getting on the dates side for sure. It is still using Passat B6 layout (since 2006).

13. 01-14-2014 10:12 AM #48
      I read something about a 3.0 turbo replacing the 3.6 right now. That would have it compete with the performance of an s4 at about 10k less. Plus I like turbos better.

I would be buying the CC if it had 4motion and a 3.0 turbo!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport Reflex Silver
      01-14-2014 10:35 AM #49
      I think i like the way the interior looks. I especially like it better than the new Passat interior. I dont mind old so long as it functions and keeps with the look and class of the car. I think VW would be hard pressed to find a better interior that is significantly different from what is in our CC's now.
      fog light mod (almost complete). euro headlight switch, euro cup holder, 2013 CC door sills, 35% tint

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 CC R-Line - Black
      01-14-2014 10:41 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by milan187 View Post
      MB has really improved their interior in teh C-Class as of 2012. That's the only reason I consider it.
      I think the A4 still has a better interior though and I find it superior to ours in the CC. It was very solid built although there are some cheap trim pieces in the lower end model.
      CC interior is getting on the dates side for sure. It is still using Passat B6 layout (since 2006).
      It's true that this interior template has been there for a while but nonetheless I like the minimalism of the current CC interiors.

16. 01-14-2014 03:35 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
      It's true that this interior template has been there for a while but nonetheless I like the minimalism of the current CC interiors.
      Also the design has nothing much to do with the actual quality of the materials. Now if you prefer the design of the Audi interior that's fine, but that does not make it "better". I will say I HATED the design of the CC/Passat dash when I first saw it, but it has grown on me plus they have tweaked and improved it. For example I don't like how the two small drawers and emergency blinker button cut up the aluminum trim (on my 2011). Now they have a clock on there but I would still prefer it be clean all across. I also don't like how they run the trim down the center console but the radio and controls have the black plastic cover which again breaks the flow of the console. I actually do prefer the Audi layout with the driver centric dash like VW had back in the days. We seem to be going back to that style as both Audi and BMW are doing it now.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 VW CC Lux
      01-16-2014 09:28 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Sean2000VR6 View Post
      I read something about a 3.0 turbo replacing the 3.6 right now. That would have it compete with the performance of an s4 at about 10k less. Plus I like turbos better.

I would be buying the CC if it had 4motion and a 3.0 turbo!

If you are referring to the same 3.0 motor in the S4, it's technically a supercharger, not a turbo. Even though they put 3.0T on the back. It's a great engine with some great capabilities. If they did put that engine in the highest trim level of the CC, I doubt it would be tuned like the S4. It would probably get the detuned version that's in the standard A6 or A7, if at all.

Vehicles
      '13 CC 4Mo, '08 Q7 VR6
      01-16-2014 02:18 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold View Post
      If you are referring to the same 3.0 motor in the S4, it's technically a supercharger, not a turbo. Even though they put 3.0T on the back. It's a great engine with some great capabilities. If they did put that engine in the highest trim level of the CC, I doubt it would be tuned like the S4. It would probably get the detuned version that's in the standard A6 or A7, if at all.
      I think "Sean" is referring to the new 3.0 VR6 Turbo. It has no relation to the supercharged 3.0 V6 in the Audi line.

Here's an article:
      http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/sc...tre-vr6-engine

By the time it's tested and implemented in a CC (if it is anyway), it will likely be tuned down to only 300 or 325 HP, which of course will be a short term condition for many- APR, Uni, GIAC, Revo, etc. will probably have it right back up to 400 HP with a stage 1 or 1+ tune.

If they have this engine placed in the CC w/ 4Motion (and hopefully a new tranny) when my lease is up in 2 years, it will be a no brainer for me vs. the other vehicles I'd typically cross shop.
      Last edited by under-pressure; 01-16-2014 at 02:23 PM.
      What I'd build from the VAG parts bin: The "CC R25" : 2.5 TFSI engine, 7spd DSG, 4Motion w/ Haldex controller, plus ALL the toys Europe gets....
      In the garage: 2013 CC 4Motion w/ factory Dakar Rally suspension, 2008 Q7 3.6
      Past rides: '07 Treg VR6, '07 Passat Wagon 2.0T Sport Pk2, '04 A4 1.8TQ Avant Ultra,
      '02 A4 1.8TQ, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon, '99 A4 1.8TQ, and a bunch of older Audis

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport
      01-16-2014 02:41 PM #55
      I think adding a standard sunroof to Sport and R-Line models would be a plus. I have had sunroofs in all of my cars but this one. I sometimes miss having it open. However, I do always miss having the extra light in the car.

I plan on keeping my CC for 5 years, so I would be more interested in what the CC will have in 4 years - if VW decides to keep it in its line up that long. Based on dealer inventory, the 2013's didn't sell very well. It makes for a good price for the buyer, but leaves me wondering if they will even keep it for the niche market with their auto world dominance mentality.

The CC is currently their "premium" car in the US. I hear they are bringing back the Phaeton, but that just doesn't peak my interest. They are going to have to bring something to the table over the next few years to keep CC buyers from going elsewhere especially with the luxury brands continuing to chip their way into the near-lux/near luxury market.

Vehicles
      2014 CC 3.6 4Motion exec
      01-16-2014 05:28 PM #56
      i read the 2015 a4 will have the supercharged 3.0L v6 as an option( at around 310-315 hp it is a detuned version of the S4 engine) i was seriously considering that, but i always thought/hoped vw would put a turbo on the vr6 if they put that in the new CC that would be awesome. i just have a soft spot in my heart for the vr6 this car being my third 1) 1994 corrado vr6 2) 2011 CC 3.6 and now 2014CC 3.6 that would prob. have to be my next car

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      01-17-2014 02:05 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Sean2000VR6 View Post
      Unfortunately, in my personal opinion, it is not as nicely styled as the current Flat Bottom, likw what I installed in my Eos last year.

However, it will be nice that others can enjoy the "Flat Bottom' design that I have gotten accustomed to. It really is convenient to not have your legs rub the steering wheel during entry and exit. I always keep my Eos steering wheel at its lowest setting.
      I also love the extra thickness of the Euro GTI/R-Line, wheel.

When I am ready for a new vehicle to replace my 2013 CC in 2 more years, I may have the new, proposed wheel in it also. Or, maybe something totally different by then. Does a "Joy Stick" seem possible?

Actually, I would prefer an aircraft style Wheel other wise know as a yoke. There would be less interference regarding reading instruments and much more knee room.

I fly small aircraft and believe this type of controller would work quite well in most modern vehicles. Yes, even though a surface vehicle requires several rotations of the "Steering Wheel" as compared to perhaps 1/2 of a rotation for changing the direction of an aircraft.

I know that some of these ideas, such as yokes and joy sticks are already incorporate into experimental vehicles but I am eager to see them in actual production. "I want that". And I want it now.

13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12