VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Your next car purchase...

45K views 219 replies 171 participants last post by  Iroczgirl 
#1 ·
No games or gimmicks, unlimited budgets or any of that nonsense.

Assuming you're going to get something in the next year, what are you getting?

If all works out well, then I will hopefully be a the proud owner of a CPO 987.2 Cayman S.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I'm not planning on getting a car in the next year, but let's say my car was totaled or had some kind of massive mechanical failure, necessitating a new vehicle.

I would get a 2010+ 3 hatchback (Skyactiv, preferably)

I would promptly get a set of side sills off an "s" model for it.

Or I would get an Outback.

Or a new Escape or Fusion if I can afford to go brand new.

#26 ·
#15 ·
Great choice. I'd do that if I could.

There's a lot of things on my 'list', but if I replaced my car this year (not actually planning to quite yet, only for the eventuality) it would be most likely

a Mazda CX-5, diesel if the diesel is out. That's the most realistic of the list, though others aren't far behind:

Ford C-Max

Audi Q5 2.0t or TDI

Longer shot:
Porsche Cayenne (used)

#20 ·
im sick of small german cars.

next up for me is either a chevy suburban or a dodge challenger.

big american, eff yeah son

#24 ·
It won't be this year...but as soon as we are ready to treat ourselves to a 3rd car (after we buy a house and have our first kid), we're going to lease one of these:
What does a 135I vert lease for? I was looking at cayman/boxtser leases and they were still above my (theoretical budget).

I also saw some leases on 2012 6-6 Accord Coupes that have me thinking of calling my CU to figure out my GTI payoff. :p

Just need to get this damn condo situation taken care of first!

#23 ·
My lease is up on my 335 in sept. of this year, I think i am going to get myself back into a wrangler. I had one before my bmw and it wasent how I wanted it (soft top, half doors, manual trans. ), i bought it without seeing, big fail on my part.

so I am doing it right this time and ordering it how I want it with a painted hard-top, full doors, auto. (no need for two manual trans. vehicles) and in a 4 door unlimited.

Something like this: color undecided, since jeep likes to change them up every 6 months :laugh:

I LOVE my BMW so much, but I am at a point in my life where I need to get something with a cheaper car-payment so I can get going with life.

#154 ·
My lease is up on my 335 in sept. of this year, I think i am going to get myself back into a wrangler. I had one before my bmw and it wasent how I wanted it (soft top, half doors, manual trans. ), i bought it without seeing, big fail on my part.

so I am doing it right this time and ordering it how I want it with a painted hard-top, full doors, auto. (no need for two manual trans. vehicles) and in a 4 door unlimited.

Something like this: color undecided, since jeep likes to change them up every 6 months :laugh:
What's the point of buying a Wrangler if you want it like that?

#31 ·
I realized that I probably won't be buying a car for the next 5 years. I'm in college now and would have no where to store a second car. Even after I graduate I'll probably move to a NYC where I wouldn't need /be able to have a car.

Plus side is that I'll be able to save up for something much nicer in the distant future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.