Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MK4 Suspension Rebuild and GTI conversion

1. 01-04-2013 01:55 PM #1
      So ive been looking online to find parts for this rebuild
      I dont nessisarily want to put Stock jetta control arms on it. does anyone know an audi that would work with a 2001 1.8t jetta.

If anyone know a part number for and Audi control arm that would match a MK4 JEtta 1.8t that would be helpful.

Vehicles
      '03 20th anniversary GTI(F23 build), '87 Cabriolet, '09 KTM SMC 690, and HERS '03 Jetta TDI.
      01-04-2013 03:54 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by zombiehunter21 View Post
      So ive been looking online to find parts for this rebuild
      I dont nessisarily want to put Stock jetta control arms on it. does anyone know an audi that would work with a 2001 1.8t jetta.

If anyone know a part number for and Audi control arm that would match a MK4 JEtta 1.8t that would be helpful.
      im curious, why audi control arms? id be willing to bet if they fit your car they are the exact same that comes on a jetta... could be wrong though.

Vehicles
      mk5 and cx-5 /ex mk4 owner
      01-04-2013 04:06 PM #3
      Mk1 Audi tt control arms will work.

Vehicles
      MKIV GTI 1.8T
      01-04-2013 04:13 PM #4
      I'm also pretty sure that the Audi control arms from the mk1 TT are the same. But the bushings are different. So if you have Jetta control arms already you can get the TT bushings pressed into them. (Part number I believe is 8N0407181B). I have this done to my GTI and it makes a very solid difference

5. Member
      Vehicles
      E30 Cab & 1.8T Golf
      01-04-2013 04:51 PM #5
      Jetta/Golf control arms are made out of stamped sheet metal. MK1 TT control arms are forged. They are interchangeable.

The bushings for the TT/R32 are a little more heavy duty as well. They can be pressed into regular MKIV control arms.

VW:

TT:

6. 01-04-2013 05:02 PM #6
      With TT control arms and TT spindles you get adjustable camber
      If you are going to get TT control arms be sure to check if the sway bar end links mount in the same place

Vehicles
      Tow truck
      01-04-2013 05:07 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by smittyATL View Post
      Jetta/Golf control arms are made out of stamped sheet metal. MK1 TT control arms are forged. They are interchangeable.

The bushings for the TT/R32 are a little more heavy duty as well. They can be pressed into regular MKIV control arms.

VW:

TT:

Thank you! There's some horrible information in this thread.

To go further, the TT ball joint is different and you may have to modify it to work with a mk4 spindle. I know you have to modify mk4 balljoints to fit in TT spindles. My advice would be to get TT spindles as well.

Also, there are two styles of control arms for the mk1 TT. Both will work, but one will have a nub for a swaybar. Those are hard to find because they were recalled.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Don't bomb threads with any variation of any combination of letters, numbers, words, phrases, icons, smilies, memes, pictures, videos or any other sort of post.
      Maintenance is paramount.
      GTS 3071R l Eurokraft Performance
      PM for Powdercoating

8. 01-08-2013 06:59 PM #8
      Thanks for all the help