Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Fk coilovers

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      01-27-2013 04:17 PM #1
      I have a set of Fk Highsports. I never ran them on my car but i hear nothing but great things about these coilovers. They will fit on mk4 golf and mk4 jetta. I will not ship them pickup only.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 2.0
      01-27-2013 09:25 PM #2
      Location?

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
      Quote Originally Posted by AKrett View Post
      A vortex superstar in the mk4 forum is prob equivalent to winning gold in the special Olympics.
      Quote Originally Posted by screwloose45 View Post
      Welcome to vwvortex, where you spend years and all of your money trying to be the epitome of what everyone thinks is cool...only to be **** on, all over, as you miss the mark by inches

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      01-27-2013 09:55 PM #3
      Baltimore maryland

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09' Fuji Team Carbon - Full Ultegra - EA 90s
      01-27-2013 10:01 PM #4
      Price?

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      01-27-2013 10:12 PM #5

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      01-28-2013 12:36 PM #6
      bump

Vehicles
      2003 escape , 86 e30 m50 swapped
      01-28-2013 09:18 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Vrsex93 View Post
      i have cash pm me
      "i got this " " so ur gunna use a 1/2 drive on that ehh"

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      01-30-2013 12:30 PM #8
      Sold to me!
      FT: BBS RC's in great shape. PM me if interested

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-07-2013 12:24 PM #9
      I received the coilovers yesterday. The package was destroyed. Items were missing, and the rear perches are seized. I sent you a text regarding the packaging, and you quit responding once I asked if insurance had been added to the shipment. I then sent you another txt regarding the frozen rear perches, and you never replied. I opened a dispute in paypal since I never heard back. I hope we can get this resolved.

10. 02-07-2013 01:47 PM #10
      shady fukin sellers

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-07-2013 03:50 PM #11
      Im giving the seller the opportunity to make things right.

12. 02-07-2013 04:00 PM #12
      Hope all works out for you bro

Vehicles
      Vw gti 2001 1.8t vw gti front end Jetta with MKV front bumper W/ CAI,APR r1 dv, APR INLET, APR TB
      02-07-2013 05:08 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by greenzj View Post
      I received the coilovers yesterday. The package was destroyed. Items were missing, and the rear perches are seized. I sent you a text regarding the packaging, and you quit responding once I asked if insurance had been added to the shipment. I then sent you another txt regarding the frozen rear perches, and you never replied. I opened a dispute in paypal since I never heard back. I hope we can get this resolved.
      U should buy mine when I offered u They were mint but they r sold now and no complains Sorry I hope everything work out bro !!!!
      WAKE UP PEOPLE
      WWW.INFOWARS.COM

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-07-2013 05:15 PM #14
      I honestly forgot all about yours. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-07-2013 10:05 PM #15
      Bump, still no reply

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-09-2013 08:58 PM #16
      Still no reply. I escalated the case via paypal to a claim

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      02-11-2013 11:29 AM #17
      There was no shadyness here **** that. Im getting my coilovers back because this guy has no idea how to unfreeze pearches. the box was in perfect condition when it left my hands. like he told me you just got into vw

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta 2.0
      02-11-2013 12:34 PM #18
      There was no shadyness here **** that. Im getting my coilovers back because this guy has no idea how to unfreeze pearches. the box was in perfect condition when it left my hands. like he told me you just got into vw
      Imo the perches being frozen up should have been mentioned before he bought them or I would be pissed too. Its not about knowing how to unfreeze them its about communication between buyer +seller. Just my unwanted $0.02
      8v Society #36 IG @eurolow

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-11-2013 12:54 PM #19
      Its not the point of unfreezing them. I could easily hit them with some heat, ruin the finish, and unfreeze them. But thats not what was expected when purchased. I expected a nice, used set when I purchased them. Not something frozen up, that requires work to be used. Full disclosure was not given, and I didn't receive what was expected. On top of that, you never returned my texts, which is why the claim was made

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      02-11-2013 02:50 PM #20
      You got a nice used set of coilovers. You said you do not want something that required work to be used. THEY ARE COILOVERS THEY REQUIRE WORK TO BE USED. Yes i did fail to mention that the perches were seized half an inch because that is not a big deal at all. But you also did not ask any questions about the FKS all you said was you want to buy them asap and you were pressed on me getting to paypall as quick as possable.Also i took 100 dollars off this sale cause you seemed cool and also payed more for shipping and did not even ask you to pay the extra money that came out of my pocket. The box being messed up is called shipping it happens. You are turning this into you just not wanting them because like you said you dont want something that required work......COILOVERS ARE SELF ADJUSTABLE EITHER WAY YOU WOULD BE TURNING THOSE PERCHES! You are just trying to make this as diffacult as possable. I am not a sketchy seller everything was done correctly. You just were not happy with what you got. And now you are telling me i haft to pay for return shipping. Think about that it dose not make any sence. Also anyone who has coilovers can look at the pictures above and see how much the perches are seized and the front ones were completley unseized i just put the perches all the way up. But i am calling you tonight so we can further more discuss the situation.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8t GTI (dead) 337 (being built)
      02-11-2013 05:14 PM #21
      Here's my thoughts, without taking sides.

It's not always the sellers responsibility to make sure the buyer knows what he's buying. Buyer, you should have asked questions. There was no location, no price, no mention of mileage, and one picture from far away that is all you had to go off...that right there tells me the seller doesn't give a ****. When people sell things, they sell them to make money. If I'm selling something, and someone wants to buy it, I don't care if they plan on lighting it on fire and throwing it at a child. That's not my problem. Granted, no important information about the coilovers were given you should still ask. It never hurts to ask questions, especially when you're spending this kind of money.

Buying and selling requires communication on both ends. In my opinion, you're both wrong to some extent. Hopefully you can find a civil way to get this sorted out.

22. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      02-11-2013 06:19 PM #22
      Well put man we are trying to work this out.

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-11-2013 06:46 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by zrau17 View Post
      Here's my thoughts, without taking sides.

It's not always the sellers responsibility to make sure the buyer knows what he's buying. Buyer, you should have asked questions. There was no location, no price, no mention of mileage, and one picture from far away that is all you had to go off...that right there tells me the seller doesn't give a ****. When people sell things, they sell them to make money. If I'm selling something, and someone wants to buy it, I don't care if they plan on lighting it on fire and throwing it at a child. That's not my problem. Granted, no important information about the coilovers were given you should still ask. It never hurts to ask questions, especially when you're spending this kind of money.

Buying and selling requires communication on both ends. In my opinion, you're both wrong to some extent. Hopefully you can find a civil way to get this sorted out.
      All is not seen on the forum I asked questions via text. I have a full text conversation as well as a phone call conversation saved. All is well as of now though, the seller got a hold of me today and we just came to an agreement on settling this issue.

24. 02-11-2013 11:47 PM #24
      I have seen the coils in person and they are for sure seized. Good try on trying to pass off your junk without anyone noticing. Fail

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      02-12-2013 11:23 AM #25
      Can not wait to get them back to prove my point and that you are just being dumb. pictures will be posted asap

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-15-2013 11:56 AM #26
      OK, after dealing with the seller for days. Being called a liar, being thrown round and round in circles, I finally got my money back through paypal. I told the seller at one point that I would come back to vortex and tell everyone that he handled the situation well, and that he should be trusted in future transactions, but his actions since then have forced me to say that I can no longer do that.

After a week and finally getting him to agree to a refund by making a claim through paypal, he never sent the money. I text him and he tells me that he'll send my money once he received his coil overs. No. Im the one who was wronged here. Youve already sold me junk parts. He then throws some more insults at me and tells me Im making things difficult for no reason. I still see no money. Then his GRANDMOTHER emails me. Apparently this kid uses her paypal account, and me making the claim froze her account.

Somehow she sent me $285 out of the $440 owed to me. She then asks me to send her a paypal invoice for the other $155. Im not exactly sure why she chose to do things this way, but as long as I got my money back I didnt care. So I sent her the invoice. 2 days later I finally received all my money.

Throughout this entire process Vrsex93 has been incredibly immature, and has handled this situation terribly. I wouldnt recommend him as a seller to anyone. Its unfortunate that I have to say this, but the fact that he sold me junk parts, then proceeds to act like a child and try to ridicule me via txt, phone conversations and on the forum, he leaves me no other choice.

I would recommend that in the future that you be completely up front and honest about the items you are selling, so that this situation doesnt occur again, and so that your Grandmother doesnt have to step in and clean up your messes again
      Last edited by greenzj; 02-19-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Vehicles
      '00 Jetta TDI
      02-15-2013 07:56 PM #27
      Can not wait to get them back to prove my point and that you are just being dumb. pictures will be posted asap
      As to this comment, I have high resolution photos of the perches at all angles, as well as a few videos of me attempting to adjust them with a set of fk wrenches that I bought. I also have plenty of forum members who have seen these perches and can vouch that you did in fact sell me junk parts. So please, save yourself the time of trying. Although if Ive learned anything from dealing with you thus far, youll probably take some heat and vice grips to them to loosen them up, and then tell the rest of the forum that they were never frozen in the first place

28. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4 gti
      03-02-2013 10:42 PM #28
      Coilovers have not yet been returned to me it has been 3 weeks. Waiting a couple more days and making a claim.