VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Dealership offering 100% base retail paid as trade-in value?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Knight2000 
#1 ·
Can this be correct? I'm thinking there must be a catch. Has anyone received an offer like this?

"Our records indicate you may be driving one of the following highly sought after vehicles: a 2004 VOLKSWAGEN R32, 2010 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT, 2006 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF, or a 2005 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE. Because of the high trade value for these vehicles, Marketing Headquarters is authorizing me to offer 100% of the manufacturers original suggested retail base price when your vehicle was new. I have instructed our sales managers to offer you WHAT YOU PAID back when you purchased your current vehicle. You read that correctly, we will pay you 100% OF THE MANUFACTURERS ORIGINAL SUGGESTED RETAIL BASE PRICE WHEN YOUR VEHICLEWAS NEW: Even if you did not buy it new, this offer is being extended to you as the current owner."

#3 ·
"Deductions will be made for mileage, (10 to 55¢ depending on model) wear & tear, & reconditioning costs. Trade vehicle value mileage will be calculated at a minimum of 12,000 miles per year, even if the actual odometer reading is less than 12,000 miles."

I get the feeling that even with 21k on the odometer they wouldn't treat it like a low mileage car.

#8 ·
I'm not interested in giving it away to the dealership, & the 2 day deal I received isn't until this weekend.

#10 ·
I should have steamed it open, wiped the fresh sh*t from my ass with it, resealed it, & did a return to sender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.