Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen from Jalopnik - What Was Your Gnarliest Childhood Wheeled Injury?

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      02-27-2013 10:09 AM #1
      http://jalopnik.com/what-was-your-gn...jury-450417485

This one hit home with me... I'd never really written about my accident until now.

When I was 14, I suffered from a lack of brains and an innate ability to play hockey. Those two things mixed together and I thought I'd also be a pretty good aggressive inline skater like my buddies.

One day, I thought I'd give it a try and go up and skate with them. With the cheers of "hit the ramp!" echoing in my brain, unencumbered by such mufflers as pads and helmets I went for it.

Now, I was a FAST skater. I could accelerate up to 20mph on ice very quickly. I could only estimate I accelerated at that ramp at a similar rate. The next few seconds were a blur of body, blood and teeth.

I like to say I was attempting to do a front flip and under-rotated. What actually happened probably looked more like me high-speed-tripping over the kicker ramp. I landed face first... more accurately, teeth first. My top lip was torn from my face just below my lip. My front two teeth dematerialized. With the speed in which I hit the ramp still built into it, I slid forehead down approximately 10-15 feet leaving a rather gory trail on the street. There was a brief moment in which my palms touched the ground (due to the presence of abrasions on my palms) though they did little except flip over and cause me to drag my backhand and knuckles down the street instead. At some point during all this, my nose found it's way into becoming broken.

When I came to a stop, I lay there, face down... contemplating life, the universe and everything. Then it came to me. I rolled over onto my back, looked to the heavens and saw it. I screamed. Loud. Long. Taking deep breaths between each scream so I could scream just a BIT louder that next time in the hopes that it would help with the sheer pain that started to set into my face. It didn't.

My friends stood by aghast in the blood and viscera before them. One of my friends had recorded the entire event on video tape. Eventually, someone called my dad and said "Jared's hurt." Apparently they didn't quite explain the gravity of the situation to my dad and he arrived about 2 innings into the Red Sox game later. Upon arriving, he realized the situation was grave as my friends were washing the street of my entrails while attempting to locate my teeth. I sat on the curb, wiping my face with whatever I could find. Apparently I thought a set of skates would be a good thing to use as a towel. I had not seen my face, but I knew it was not good based on the looks I was receiving from my group of friends.

I was admitted to the ER... my father practically forced me to the front of the line and I was seeing a doctor who was washing the gravel out of my lip hole and stitching it back on. My dentist arrived soon after to see what would have to be planned. I stayed home from school that week... my face was a mess. I had a solid line of scab down the center of my face, my nose was broken, my teeth were missing and I had a thick scabbed over stitch right under my nose.

My friends had called me to tell me that they destroyed the tape. They watched it a few times before erasing it because it was just too gory. It's a decision we all wished hadn't happened because looking back on it, it was VERY funny. It was funny enough that I used it during the best-man speech in my best friend's wedding. Even today, people who weren't even there will quip to me, "Hey Jared... Hit the ramp."

My face did heal, my teeth were never found.

Vehicles
      04 BBY Evo VIII, B5.5 TDI, E90 335xi
      02-27-2013 10:16 AM #2
      Ouch. I... ouch... Got a kick out of 2 red sox innings later...

Thankfully for me I dont have any stories like that... Broke my wrist once, continued to skate for the rest of the day, didnt end up going to the hospital for like 2 weeks? discovered a nice chunk of bone chipped off in the shape of a dorrito..

Also broke my left ankle skating and proceeded drive my GTI (5speed) to the airport then to sprint through the airport to surprise someone at the gate, later to find out my ankle was fubared. Worth it
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      When there's a female involved, logic tends to go out the window.

02-27-2013 10:20 AM #3

Vehicles
      fat 20th ae. with baggage and broken parts like a modern day britney spears.
      02-27-2013 10:20 AM #4
      One day I was leaving my house on my bike, 10-11 years old pedaling like Lance Armstrong, my Dyno VFR maxxing out. My brother started calling my name from our front yard and as I'm looking back to answer him, BAMMM, I slammed into the back of a parked minivan. Broken nose, tons of blood, bent front rim. My brothers laughing. No screaming though. I hate when people scream in pain. And I left a nice little scratch on the neighbors soccer mobile.

Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      02-27-2013 10:45 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by NEP View Post
      One day I was leaving my house on my bike, 10-11 years old pedaling like Lance Armstrong, my Dyno VFR maxxing out. My brother started calling my name from our front yard and as I'm looking back to answer him, BAMMM, I slammed into the back of a parked minivan. Broken nose, tons of blood, bent front rim. My brothers laughing. No screaming though. I hate when people scream in pain. And I left a nice little scratch on the neighbors soccer mobile.
      Similar thing happened to my brother. He was even younger, riding his bike when a friend of his called out to him. He looks back, and just as he turned to look forward again, he hit the back of a parked dump truck. He had to have reconstructive surgery on his nose. The doctors said it could have easily been much worse, as bone fragments came very close to his brain.
      PSN: gospracrgo

6. Member
      Vehicles
      64 LCC, B8 S4, MK5. in order of respectibility
      02-27-2013 10:48 AM #6
      worst i can remember

i grew up on a 1/4 mile straight dead end hill. the lack of traffic allowed us kids to ride bikes and snowboard down it.

when i was ~12-13, was with my friend at the top and we thought it was a good idea to race down the hill. i remember hitting a speed way faster than was comfortable, and started to float to the curb side, where i hit a patch of gravel and lost traction. i probably hit the brakes, but all i remember was sliding along the pavement and looking down to see my leg all chewed up. if it wasnt a bloody mess, it was white puffy skin packed with gravel.

i sat in the tub pulling gravel out of my leg for days. i also made the mistake of wrapping the wound with gauze and it scabbed over and was a bitch to pull out
      elitistchicks

Quote Originally Posted by ajd187 View Post
      Buncha queers in this thread.

Vehicles
      Current: MK1 GTI, 12 GLI Past:07 Rabbit 00 GTI 10 GTI 06 GTI 78 Rabbit 83 GTI 06 Jetta 93 Corrado
      02-27-2013 10:57 AM #7
      I was visiting my grandparents in Charleston, SC when I was, just moved here from the Virgin Islands and was only wearing a bathing suit. Took my grandfather’s giant beach cruiser bike and went down a cobblestone path behind the house. I could not reach the seat so I was hovering above the top bar of the bike pedaling down the street. Hit a bump and simultaneously smashed my balls on the top bar and my left leg went up and around the front wheel spokes. Broke my leg in 3 places and shattered my ankle when it went backwards through the fork.

That was on my birthday, the next day on the couch in a cast on pain killer my 3 yr old brother walked past me and poked me in the eye with his finger and scratched my cornea. back to the hospital and i was in a cast and eye patch for 3 months. I was a full-fledged pirate. My dad did paint the cast to look like a peg leg and got be a pirate eye patch.
      Demokratically Elekted Harbinger of Beetus & Confektionariy Devices of The Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      I contribute nothing of value to this thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eberger View Post
      Methamphetamine and masturbation go together like chocolate and peanut butter... I guess.

Vehicles
      02-27-2013 11:00 AM #8
      when I was 9, I was late for a baseball game. I was on my BMX bike (a 1986 Ross Piranha) and riding at full speed back home. Now I lived at the bottom of two hills, it was kind of like the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. The first hill is steepish and has a slight right to it, then at the bottom of that hill you have to make a sharp right and go down the next hill... then a left onto my street.
      Thanks to the advent of technology, I can actually show you the route:

magic

You'll note a tree on the outside of that sharp right... you'll also note that it's somewhat smaller than the other trees on the curbs there. That tree is only 21 years old while the other trees are about 40. Let me explain why.

This day is the day in which I learned about understeer. I pushed wide, hit the curb and clipped the tree. I went head first over the handlebars and landed on my face. I have a penchant for landing on my face. I'm a master faceplanter. I should have a medal for the amount of times I've faceplanted. I slid on my face and tore a good chunk of it off. It hurt. So, crying and sobbing I picked up my bike and walked it the rest of the way home.

My parents saw what I had done and cleaned me up with a towel and got me ready for the baseball game. Now I was a life long right fielder. I SUCKED at baseball, but it was important for my parents that I play some sport, regardless of being absolute balls at it (this was immediately before I discovered hockey). So, off I went to my baseball game, bleeding profusely from the face with a pretty severe case of roadrash.

The coaches, players and parents were aghast at my appearance. I waved casually and walked out to my position in right field... bleeding quietly to myself. I got a hit that day. I think it was a softball lob out of pity.

Vehicles
      BMW X5 4.8 Sport
      02-27-2013 11:04 AM #9
      BMX street bike in middle school... decided I'd jump a 12 set of stairs and ride away clean. NOPE, I landed with the nose pointed down and snapped my left wrist. Rode all the way home one handed, walked in the door and my mom goes "s**t, get in the car". Went to the ER haha. Had a cast all summer.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Rabbit, 01 Cabrio, 00 zx6e
      02-27-2013 11:14 AM #10
      The amount of times i went to school with a cast/splint on, stiches everywhere - im surprised my parents never got a call or visit from CPS.

15 years old, badass, on my new mountain bike, dont need a helmet. Father sees me riding down the road without a helmet and yells for me to put one on. I'm 15, helmets are stupid - and in my mind, im the best bicyclist ever ... F lance armstrong, dude dopes.
      10 minutes goes by and as im flying down the road - i decided to look behind me for cars without having my hands on the handlebars. I cannot ride my bike with no handlebars. Front wheel hit a pothole, spun my bars 180 degrees and locked up my front brake. This threw me face first into the road, better yet, teeth first.
      Luckily i was right in front of my house. Blood dripping everywhere, not knowing how bad it was, i rang the doorbell so i didnt drip blood all over the inside of the house. My old man comes out and has a look of horror on his face. Probably from the horror my face was. The moment i went to say something, i realized i could barely speak without an upper lip. It was like someone took a spray bottle with blood and sprayed the front of the door with it.
      Liquid diet for the next week and a half, surgery to attach my upper lip, ****ed up teeth, and gravel everywhere i could imagine.

Came home from the hospital to find my helmet split on the top. Guess the old man knew best.
      Quote Originally Posted by bmann View Post
      He's lucky the hundred shot of tight aperture didn't blow the welds on the camera body. Now you and the mad scientist gotta take apart the lens and replace the zoom rings he fried.

Vehicles
      fat 20th ae. with baggage and broken parts like a modern day britney spears.
      02-27-2013 11:29 AM #11
      I rollerbladed down a slide, hit the last part that flattens out and it sent my feet flying up and forward, landed on my wrist and broke it. Ended up cutting the cast off a couple weeks later.

Drunk at a bar/club, went to backflip off the stage, froze in mid air landed on my shoulder. Had a grade 1 AC separation, drank it off at the bar. Next day ate some painkillers, smoked a bowl and went snowboarded, thinking ill just take it easy and ill be fine. Third run down, I follow my buddy and brother that did small backside 180s over a roller. I did the same, my nose slid out, I put my bad hand out and my shoulder couldn't handle all of the weight. My grade 1 turned into a grade 5 separation. Also didn't have health insurance at the time, then thanks to Obamacare I was able to get my 75,000 dollar surgery for free.

One day I was 50-50'ing a curb board slid down from under me, I gashed my shin and put a nice little hole in the bone. Never went to the hospital. Just went to Burger King and took all of their napkins. My one pant leg was red at the highschool football game that night. I can still feel the indent in my shin til this day too.

One day surfing someone called out a fin, blah blah... most everyone went in except for me and another guy, 30 second later we see this 8-10 foot monster just underneath the water, obviously we both freaked out and were able to ride the next wave in on our stomachs. Once I got to the beach my buddies were like what happened to your leg. I was like nothing, then I looked down, and my leg was covered in blood. The shark, guessing bullshark from where I live and the size/specs, rubbed against me to check out what I was. Their skin is like sandpaper so it scraped up my leg enough for it to bleed a decent amount.

12. 02-27-2013 11:33 AM #12
      I also rode my bike into the back of a parked van.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      02-27-2013 12:10 PM #13
      I visited my grandparents down in PA every summer when I was a kid, right next to their house was l gravel alley on a hill. First day there one summer the town tarred and graveled the hill, but heck with that I loved flying down that hill and locking up my brakes at the end to send the gravel sailing. First run down I end up dumping my bike and get tar and gravel all over myself, peeling the tar off and digging gravel out of my self was not fun.
      -Matt

02-27-2013 12:15 PM #14
      When I was about 10, I crashed on my bike going down a big hill. Face met the pavement, and I scraped off most of my cheek. I had road rash on my arms, my ribs, and a little on my legs... But my face was pretty tore up.

Luckily it healed up 100% and left no marks, so that 5 years later my face could eat a 5" piece of glass and leave a nice big scar on my right cheek.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      02-27-2013 12:20 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      When I came to a stop, I lay there, face down... contemplating life, the universe and everything. Then it came to me..
      There's always that moment of godlike clarity and perfect Zen detachment, right before the pain hits, when you calmly realize with total understanding that you done ****ed up big time and that there will be nigh-unbearable amounts of pain and blood coming soon.

Last time I really wrecked a finger cooking, I just felt the knife go deep as hell, just cold metal in my flesh. It was like, oh. Splendid. That was bad.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      '09 VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, '09 Cannondale Six 105, '13 Trek Fuel EX 9.8
      02-27-2013 12:23 PM #16
      Ouch, Jared.

I've always liked bikes and cycling and have never been too careful with bikes. As a kid I didn't get anything worse than some abrasion on my palms and knees. I faceplanted from an OTB at the age of 29, but still didn't break anything and only needed two stitches.

I HATE the feeling when you realize you've made a misjudgement and you're going to hit the ground hard in a fraction of a second. Also, the unrealistic, scary feeling after the fall.

Anyway, thank God this is not me, but still relevant.
      Previously known as Son of a B...5er!

17. 02-27-2013 01:02 PM #17
      Clipped a tree while riding a 3 Wheeler when I was ten. Was going about thirty. My friend on the back flew off to safety and I got my face crushed under the gas tank. Luckily I was wearing a helmet and the ground was muddy and very soggy. Got a bloody nose along with a mouth full of mud. Helmet saved my noggin.

Vehicles
      2010 R1 Fiat Edition -- 04 Evo 8 RS -- 97 ITR -- 96 Golf Harlequin -- 97 GLX Jetta -- 03 Forester
      02-27-2013 01:17 PM #18
      Face to a roller rink and knocked my braces off while on a new years lock-down when I was a kid on rollerblades. Thought it would be cool to get spun and flung across the room, took a header instead.
      VR46 ----"THE DOCTOR"

(In the cornfields west of) Allentown, PA
      Vehicles
      Miata, Maverick, GTV6, VibeGT
      02-27-2013 01:27 PM #19
      Around 5th grade age, we used to barrel down our long hill of a street on bikes and then enter driveways at an angle which made a great jump. The edges of the driveways were nicely curved and tended to kick the rear up pretty good. I apparently forgot to relax my legs as I hit this one driveway at my terminal velocity of 31 mph. I had a speedometer on my bike because I was cool.

So the rear kicked up and I launched myself facefirst at the sidewalk much like Chapel, only at higher speed and yet the damage was less severe. I was wearing a helmet which is what prevented me from sustaining the same face-carnage. It stuck forward enough that my nose apparently passed the 'broomstick test.' So I mostly impacted on my chin and helmet, plus - somehow - elbows. My palms were clean. I was wearing jeans and my knees had little damage. I ground to a stop just as the denim finished wearing away. My two front teeth were smashed up into my gums and also shattered and my chin was ground up pretty good. I ended up with two root canals and two caps.

The best part of this is I was in the middle of extensive orthodontic work and all that got put on hold. Luckily I was not wearing the hard plastic & metal retainer I was supposed to wear 24 hours a day because we had just gotten back from the ice cream shop. That thing would have shattered in my mouth and done a hell of a lot of damage.
      Last edited by Roadkilled78; 02-27-2013 at 01:31 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
      What kind of ass backwards world do you live in where your Miata is broken and your Alfa is your reliable source of transportation?

Vehicles
      DD: Mazda3 O: Explorer | Uncertified Preowned: Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      02-27-2013 01:29 PM #20
      Never really had anything bad. Went over the handlebars when I was about 7, sans helmet. Woke up in the ER about 5 hours later.

Crashed on Christmas on my brand new bike, no big scrapes on the body.

Non-wheeled variety, but still in the vein of the discussion:
      Sliced open 3 of 4 fingers on the "crease" on the inside of my hand from unloading a big arse toolbox at the race track.

Didn't fully extend my body quick enough when cliff diving, and now I'm aware of what prison might feel like if I end up there.
      ITT: People who ask for advice and completely ignore it.
      Stop making things idiot-proof. We're just making better idiots. Not the way we need to be going.
      //// @mbull //// blog //// instagram ////

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      02-27-2013 01:35 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by NEP View Post
      Did this, slammed into a parked Lada. Broken nose. Not a scratch on the Lada.

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      00' VR6T 12' V6 TDI 72' 914-6
      02-27-2013 01:38 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      There's always that moment of godlike clarity and perfect Zen detachment, right before the pain hits, when you calmly realize with total understanding that you done ****ed up big time and that there will be nigh-unbearable amounts of pain and blood coming soon.
      I so ufcking hate that!!
      Larry

Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan

Vehicles
      02-27-2013 01:44 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by .LSinLV. View Post
      I so ufcking hate that!!
      I don't... it was a nice place to escape for a minute before reality set back in.

The most terrifying realization? I have a son now... and he's EXACTLY like I was.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      02-27-2013 02:10 PM #24
      i had a couple trips to the ER because of bicycle related incidents.

the first was when my parents had just removed the training wheels, and i hit a crack in the sidewalk and went down. shredded my chin and had a couple other scrapes, but the result was a bunch of stitches in my chin.

second was when i was in middle school. summer break was approaching, so the weather was really nice and all the local kids were out riding bikes. being the 90's, i had a Dyno NSX with pegs on the back. had a friend (bigger than myself) riding the pegs, and he decided to jump off. when he did that, i was launched towards the curb and down again. couldn't wiggle my fingers and i was gushing blood from my elbow. the kid's mom patched me up, and i got on my bike and rode home. my mom saw me walk with my clothes all covered in blood and my face was super pale, so she took me to the ER: broken wrist and mangled elbow that required stitches.

the worst pain was when the doctor set the bone without telling me or giving me any pain killers. holy ****, i still maintain that was one of the most painful things i've experienced. parents took me home, and let me watch WWF wrestling, and my dad felt bad so he bought me a Lego the next day. i tried building it the following day, but it hurt like hell to press the pieces together. sucked having that cast for six weeks during the summer at our family lake cottage.
      welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      93 525iT, 91 318iS
      02-27-2013 02:12 PM #25
      Childhood? I dislocated my shoulder and tore a bunch of stuff when I was 24. That's been my worse so far...knock on wood. I still ride BMX multiple times a week, I'm 27 now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      91 318is M50 Swapped
      93 525iT

Vehicles
      00 A6 Avant (current) 97 Gti 2.0 Kinetics Stage 2+ (sold)
      02-27-2013 02:13 PM #26
      Hmm...let's see which ones I can remeber. I jumped off the back of a moving truck once that was a bad idea since I didnt know how to tuck and roll yet and tar and chip roads hurt when you hit them. I have a chunk out of my right shin where my expensive metal rat trap pedals decided to eat my leg because I went biking after it rained. On a mountain bike I jumped a pile of snow just to have the front wheel dig in and flip me over the bars and have the crank whack me in the head, yeah I layed there for awhile. Other injuries well I almost cut my thumb off with an electric grinder one night in H.S. I was grinding a piece of metal while holding it and the wheel skipped and there was my hand.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      69 LeMans conv; 12 BMW 328i; 12 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
      02-27-2013 02:18 PM #27
      It was the summer of 1974, the week that Nixon resigned. I was 9 years old, on vacation with the family in New Hampshire.

A bunch of us kids from different families were on the beach, taking turns rolling down a small hill in a truck tire inner tube. My turn comes, and as I get going, the valve stem goes into my eye, on the nose side. Probably in about an inch. I have no idea how it did no permanent damage, but I returned home wearing a neat eye patch.

Last edited by VAB5; 02-27-2013 at 02:22 PM.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      VR6
      02-27-2013 02:19 PM #28
      Never had any really bad bike accidents, I've always been pretty good on a bike. I've had too many skateboarding accidents to count though. Nothing spectacular like OP's story just some broken bones and some road rash here and there.

One pretty good one when I was younger (around 12ish) I was skating around the neighborhood and found a nice big hill. Decided to go down said hill and quickly accelerated past my comfort zone. Anyone who's ridden a skateboard too fast knows the rest of the story. My good friend speed wobbles introduced me to his friend pavement. The skin on my hip and shoulder fell in love with pavement and stayed behind, while I pressed on in hopes of meeting grass. By the time I hit the grass I was bloody and hardly moving anymore. My skateboard during all this continued down the hill and was run over by some ******* who stopped to check his tires were ok, and then left without so much as a "you ok?".

Good times... goooood times.
      wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

It's no fun riding lightning bolts without war drums!

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      02-27-2013 02:22 PM #29
      It's not that gnarly, but that scar is from 3y/o Chris riding a big wheel down a sidewalk and scraping his hand on the corner of the foundation of a friend's house. Shoulda gotten stitches, never did.

Vehicles
      04 R32
      02-27-2013 02:26 PM #30
      Was about 9 riding full speed on my bike near the curb. Turn back to look for a friend, drift a little right, get clotheslined by a mailbox.

6 Stitches in the back of my head along with a mild concussion. Parents still didn't make me wear a helmet.

02-27-2013 02:29 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post

The horror!

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      02-27-2013 02:33 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post

The horror!
      Haha, not a big deal at all, but it is cool to have a 28y/o easily visible scar.

Vehicles
      02-27-2013 02:49 PM #33
      Haha, not a big deal at all, but it is cool to have a 28y/o easily visible scar.
      this one doesn't have a good story... I just fainted and cracked my head... because I faceplanted... again
      This happened 2 weeks ago
      http://primalfatso.wordpress.com/201...ing-out-sucks/

no, I still don't know what caused the passing out.

this is what it looked like yesterday

34. Member
      Vehicles
      Euro Ford junk collection
      02-27-2013 02:57 PM #34
      It's not that gnarly, but that scar is from 3y/o Chris riding a big wheel down a sidewalk and scraping his hand on the corner of the foundation of a friend's house. Shoulda gotten stitches, never did.
      Also big wheel related... I was probably 4 or 5 and my brother and cousin, who are 9 and 10 years older respectively, were pushing me while I was riding sitting on my knees. We were all playing outside of my aunt's house, and I was shoeless for some reason (that's probably why they were pushing me... those pedals HURT if you didn't have shoes on!) Somehow my foot got stuck in between the wheel, and the chassis, and they didn't stop pushing. they just thought I was screaming because they were going too fast. It burned the skin off the top of my left foot down to where you could almost see the bone on the top of my ankle. When they finally saw what happened, they carried me to my aunts who called my parents, who took me to the ER. They basically cleaned it, and dressed it, and sent me home. Now almost 30 years later... the top of my foot is all scar tissue there.

35. Member
      02-27-2013 02:59 PM #35
      Counting only childhood, two things-

Riding bmx with some friends racing down a dirt road and looked back to see how close my friend was, when I turned back around I hit a piece of rebar sticking out of the dirt and flew over the bike. Bike came down on top of me and the handlebar end came down right into my chest. Fractured a rib and blood was everywhere. That was about 8.

More skateboard ends into my taint than I care to remember.

My daughter is just like me and freaks me out. She already broke her arm at 2 after climbing on top of a picnic table and trying to jump to a playground slide.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast