VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Girls with Golf R's

27K views 137 replies 39 participants last post by  Rising Blue R 
#1 · (Edited)
Not sure what happened to our old thread, but I'm starting a new one. I think it's a great way for all us gals to keep up with eachother, see what we're doing with the cars. :cool:

I'm about to do a little upgrade to the stereo. :p I just ordered a uber stealth sub box from Nik. :thumbup:

What's happening, ladies?! :popcorn:

Oh...and pics of the ride (w/specialkk43 - Girl Power, Kyle! :peace:)

RedLineNikiR - 4-door TR
specialkk43 - 2-door CSG
Abalinka - 2-door RB
Cozotessa18 - 2-door RB
htull85
KatieLuvsFstRabbits - 4-door CW
contrition - 2-door CSG
kkd22 - 4-door CW
VWCabby89 - DPB
Jon B. - 2-door CW
bootleg betty - 4-door RB
djangofett - 2-door CW
Hobbes279 - 4-door CW
ongnoi - 4-door CS

See less See more
#4 ·
Not sure what happened to our old thread, but I'm starting a new one. I think it's a great way for all us gals to keep up with eachother, see what we're doing with the cars. :cool:

I'm about to do a little upgrade to the stereo. :p I just ordered a uber stealth sub box from Nik. :thumbup:

What's happening, ladies?! :popcorn:

Oh...and pics of the ride (w/specialkk43 - Girl Power, Kyle! :peace:)

Looks cold! :laugh:

#14 · (Edited)
ii have CW 4dr on north central coast of CA
a few mods....
white side markers, auto dimming mirror, tail leds, R pedals
interior leds...some vcds coding no more chirp when doors locked
most important! no more Soundaktor. :heart:
nano clear bra

also have a diesel geek short shifter to install w some help
then??:

#16 ·
i have CW 4dr on north central coast of CA
a few mods....
white side markers, auto dimming mirror, tail leds, R pedals
interior leds...some vcds coding no more chirp when doors locked
most important! no more Soundaktor. :heart:

also have a diesel geek short shifter to install w some help
then??:p

Another great color choice! :thumbup: Wow, you've done quite a lot so far! I'm still thinking about the short shifter.

Did the interior led's too: :cool:

#17 · (Edited)
Hi gals, :wave:

RB 2D and loving it. A few mods: APR flash, Carbonio intake, smoked LED tails w/fog, Euro cup holder, and purchased Euro springs. My future plans include: new wheels and summer tires (most likely OZ Alleggeritas HLTs), AWE tuning switchback exhaust (not sure what DP), and possibly CF accents.

Any suggestions from more knowledgable folks than me?

Andrea

#19 ·
If you were to marry one, who would buy the groceries and :beer:...I know all my money goes into my R!!!! :D:thumbup::beer:

#30 ·
very nice... I like :peace:

always good to see there are some ladies who appreciate a nice unique fun car as much as I do... where in the world do you find them? I mean every lady ive shown my car to has raelly liked it and made a point of saying how awesome it was... but to me getting a compliment on your are, and finding someone who truly understands why we spend so much money and time on these things, and why we enjoy them soo much is a totally different thing.

any ladies with golf R's want to relocate to Colorado? I promise I wont give you any crap when you spend thousands of dollars on your car if you don't give me crap :thumbup::laugh:

#34 ·
:laugh::laugh::thumbup:

Great pics, Kelly. Btw, you'll love the diesel geek.
I'll second that! :thumbup:

Nikki... Now that Spring has arrived, it's time for a get together :)
Sounds good! :wave:

The sub boxes have arrived. :D Stereo upgrade to be continued soon....

I also have a couple of other goodies to put on the car.

#48 ·
Details on our car for the list. It's a CW two-door with Nav/Sunroof. Tinted windows (as of yesterday). We bought it about two weeks ago, so it's very much a new toy.

I would personally like it to be a stage 2+ car, but we're gonna focus on the suspension and appearance aspect first. It's already quicker than the MkV GTi it replaced.

#57 ·
Details on our car for the list. It's a CW two-door with Nav/Sunroof. Tinted windows (as of yesterday). We bought it about two weeks ago, so it's very much a new toy.

I would personally like it to be a stage 2+ car, but we're gonna focus on the suspension and appearance aspect first. It's already quicker than the MkV GTi it replaced.

Nice! :thumbup: Sounds very similar to my plans for my car - I'm at Stage 1 right now, but looking to go Stage 2 + - Miltek turboback. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

No plans for mine yet it's awesome :)

Just enjoy it! It's still a pretty awesome car at stock. :thumbup:

Welcome...

Hey Nikki, how are you? :wave: It's been ages since you've posted. We still need to get together.

I just had some upgrades done to my car this week.

1) New Michelin PSS (stayed with 225/40/18)
2) Euro Springs (not a noticeable lowering but I didn't expect it)
3) Interior: OEM blind spot mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror, OEM dash cubby and under seat passenger drawer, LED interior lights with blue footwell lights, OEM Audi S3 shift knob with leather boot

Holding off on new wheels, but for my next mods I'd like to install a new down pipe, Unibrace XB and HPA dog bone insert and rear view camera.

Hey! You've been busy!! :) Yeah, haven't been on Vortex much this summer; really haven't had much time to do any upgrades on the car.

Technically I'm part owner of a RB R but it's really the husband's car (he is on the forums too). I'll probably drive it once in a while when he goes on deployment and maybe order a few things here and there.

The only things we've done so far are windows tinted, euro tail lamps (I want them for my GTI too), monster mats, plasti-dipped wheels black, black VW emblems, and LED turn signals.

Future things, stage 2+, wheels, springs, back up camera, and upgrade to RNS-510 w/nav. I'm sure he has many more ideas but one step at a time.

A terrible cellphone shot. :(

Welcome aboard! :wave: What wheels are you looking at?

Hi! It's been great so far. Hope yours is too!

I ended up switching jobs, and the new job gives me a free BMW to drive!!! Currently I'm in a 328xi. It's meh. Handling is so sloppy compared to the R! Haha. But every 4000 miles I get a new one!

:thumbup:
Can I come work with you?! :p

#50 · (Edited)
Welcome...

Hey Nikki, how are you? :wave: It's been ages since you've posted. We still need to get together.

I just had some upgrades done to my car this week.

1) New Michelin PSS (stayed with 225/40/18)
2) Euro Springs (not a noticeable lowering but I didn't expect it)
3) Interior: OEM blind spot mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror, OEM dash cubby and under seat passenger drawer, LED interior lights with blue footwell lights, OEM Audi S3 shift knob with leather boot

Holding off on new wheels, but for my next mods I'd like to install a new down pipe, Unibrace XB and HPA dog bone insert and rear view camera.

#54 · (Edited)
Hi! It's been great so far. Hope yours is too!

I ended up switching jobs, and the new job gives me a free BMW to drive!!! Currently I'm in a 328xi. It's meh. Handling is so sloppy compared to the R! Haha. But every 4000 miles I get a new one!

:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.