Thread: BUGORAMA Sunday March 24th

Vehicles
      66 BUG 01 PASSAT WAGON
      03-19-2013 01:33 PM #1
      For thoughs that dont know, this sunday is Bugorama gates open at 7am

Vehicles
      '05 Sequoia 4WD, '12 Odyssey EX-L
      03-19-2013 03:51 PM #2
      HOLY ISHT...$20??? Is that for normal entry?
      '05 Sequoia Limited 4WD
      '12 Odyssey EX-L
      History - '09 Odyssey EX-L, '02 A4 Avant 3.0Q, '01 UZJ100 LX470, '01.5 VW Passat wagon, '04 RX-8, '03 TJ Sport, '01 TJ Sport, '99 Miata, '00 Contour SVT, '97 GTI VR6, '95 YJ Wrangler, '97 XJ Cherokee Sport, '97 Integra GSR, '89 Civic Si, '93 YJ Wrangler, '87 Jetta GL

Vehicles
      66 BUG 01 PASSAT WAGON
      03-19-2013 04:15 PM #3
      yep $20.00 to get in, a little steep thats what I say every time I go.

Vehicles
      First gen stomper.
      03-19-2013 04:41 PM #4
      If this was Sacramento BOR $20 would be fine but this rinkydink show is just not worth it.

Vehicles
      2each'78s,81S,TTQ,S2 8V, race Corvette
      03-19-2013 05:05 PM #5
      Enter your car, any car, no matter what POS it is and you're sure to come home with a plastic trophy worth a buck three eighty for;

Vehicle with the roundest tires...3rd place
      Vehicle with at least one roll down window...runner up.
      Vehicle with the most artistic bug splats....14th place 'with a bullet'.

They do not realize that the participants bring the PAYING customers. PASS on the greed.
      The feeling of immortality extends right up until the moment of impact.
      I cannot teach you how to be a Zen mechanic, grasshopper.
      The VW Scirocco, the worlds fastest ECONOMY car.

6. 03-19-2013 06:27 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Spd33 View Post
      HOLY ISHT...$20??? Is that for normal entry?

I say the same thing every year! Plus I think they also get you another $5-10 for parking too if you're a spectator.

7. 03-19-2013 08:47 PM #7
      ok people,

it hurts that vw people b**tch and complain that it cost 20 bucks to get into the show. iv been going to bor for a loooooong time and if people dont show up, this industry and hobby goes away!!!!! how cheap are you? cant swing 20 bucks to help the promoter put on this show, come on!!!!!!! as a vender we chunk out a sh*t ton to go and be @ bor. do we make our money back sometimes yes somtimes no. but we show up every year and i have a blast. iv heard people arent going because of the cost, kinda lame if you ask me.

what do you think it cost to put on a show of its size? and it is far from rink a dink.

let the kotex rant start.

Vehicles
      2013 Audi allroad / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      03-19-2013 08:55 PM #8
      It's that they crap on the people of this forum with lousy respect for water cooled cars and vendors. Nuff said.
      And the fact there is no mention of it until the week of the show.
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro - Fourtitude.com Project car
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

Vehicles
      2003 IY GTI / a few air-cooled VW's
      03-19-2013 10:15 PM #9
      Here comes the poor us water-cooled crowd. Most people on this forum bitch about BOR because they don't cater to the water-cooled guys enough. Same sad story every year. It's an air-cooled event 1st and foremost. Hardly any water-cooled vendors participate and that's why the water cooled scene at BOR doesn't grow. The fact that half of the crowd bitches and won't show up because they can't park on the grass or about $20 because they are too busy saving pennies and dimes for fancy three piece wheels that cost more than their cars. Same song and dance every year....a few people will show up and we appreciate it. The ones who don't will miss out.

As stated before, Firebird isn't a cheap place to host an event. A lot goes on behind the scenes. I have helped with the event for many years and will continue to do so. It is the biggest VW event air or water all year in Arizona. It would be nice if everyone could just stop complaining so much, come out and support the scene.

Vehicles
      '05 Sequoia 4WD, '12 Odyssey EX-L
      03-19-2013 10:33 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubinluvin View Post
      how cheap are you?
      VERY f-ing cheap when it comes to spectating a car show...

Find a new venue...there are shows all year long that are bigger and better coordinated that don't charge at all, let alone $20 a head. My guess is that is the last year for Phx anyway if there is no drag racing track left.
      '05 Sequoia Limited 4WD
      '12 Odyssey EX-L
      History - '09 Odyssey EX-L, '02 A4 Avant 3.0Q, '01 UZJ100 LX470, '01.5 VW Passat wagon, '04 RX-8, '03 TJ Sport, '01 TJ Sport, '99 Miata, '00 Contour SVT, '97 GTI VR6, '95 YJ Wrangler, '97 XJ Cherokee Sport, '97 Integra GSR, '89 Civic Si, '93 YJ Wrangler, '87 Jetta GL

Vehicles
      04 R32, 57 Type 1
      03-19-2013 11:04 PM #11
      I will be there!
      Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken

Vehicles
      '00 1.8T NB, '06 MKIV Golf, '07 MKV (RIP)
      03-19-2013 11:21 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by AZdhpH20 View Post

As stated before, Firebird isn't a cheap place to host an event. A lot goes on behind the scenes. I have helped with the event for many years and will continue to do so. It is the biggest VW event air or water all year in Arizona. It would be nice if everyone could just stop complaining so much, come out and support the scene......

VOLKSTOCK is now the biggest event AIR AND WATER in AZ and it ROCKS - Bugo can suck it. I could go on and on about why and who but it's all been said before.

Vehicles
      66 BUG 01 PASSAT WAGON
      03-20-2013 10:24 AM #13
      The SanTan classic show was free to show your car and almost no water cooleds showed up. So is it realy about the price?

Vehicles
      81 vw caddy, 02 gmc sonoma crewcab
      03-21-2013 12:02 AM #14
      Bugorama would be better if they only allowed oldschool watercooled into the show.
      I'm sick of looking at emkay4/5 stance bro cars

Vehicles
      66 BUG 01 PASSAT WAGON
      03-21-2013 01:57 AM #15
      If you are saying they dont let in any old water cooled because their is no class for them, to that I say bring any VW old or new. Its because no one brings them so they dont support the class. I for one love to see any VW that shows up, its hard to put on a show for every one and make everyone happy.

16. 03-21-2013 05:11 PM #16
      SOUTHWESTEUROFEST

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2012 TDI Jetta, 1966 VW Bug
      03-22-2013 01:03 AM #17
      Volkstock was pretty chill and worth the $20 admission.

I dont think price is an issue more the fact that the show is kinda weak. If price was an issue I don't think people would make a trek to Vegas for Wuste, Cali for Octoberfest etc.. Either way I am out for BOR again this year.
      2011 Audi S4 | GIAC | Milltek | Stasis | Koni | BBS |
      ʎppǝɹℲ ɯɐǝ┴

Need an Instagram Decal for your Car?

Vehicles
      03-22-2013 02:16 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by MKIINIK View Post
      Volkstock was pretty chill and worth the $20 admission.

I dont think price is an issue more the fact that the show is kinda weak. If price was an issue I don't think people would make a trek to Vegas for Wuste, Cali for Octoberfest etc.. Either way I am out for BOR again this year.
      EXACTLY.

Price becomes the issue when you're being bent over. I don't think any of us have a problem with price until all the other factors present themselves - crappy show, crappy awards, crappy award system, poorly organized (all the times that multiple people had the same window card #... stupid mistakes like that...), not enough good vendors food and otherwise, etc, etc, etc. THEN we start asking... why do i want to spend $50 in admission, food, fuel, etc to go to this again??

So when jerk offs come in here and say we are babies for complaining about spending a few bucks, then insult our rides and the $ we spend on them - they need to look at the bigger picture and actually listen to allllllll the complaints everyone has had, for years.

Vehicles
      BMP MKIV .:R32T, B8A4, LS3-86Z28(trkhor)
      03-22-2013 04:50 PM #19
      all of the above ahmen.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?
      .:::Exklusiv:::.

Vehicles
      '84 rabbit GTi, 2000 12v VR6 Jetta (wife's)
      03-24-2013 10:41 AM #20
      As stated by everyone else... the money isn't the issue. Most of us "water-cooled" people spend hundreds if not thousands on going to show that are much more inconvient for us to go to. Wuste and Octoberfest just to name a few. Wuste being the largest VAG car show on the West coast. When is the West coast going to come in to the 2000's and realize that water-cooled cars are where the $ is at? We are the ones still spending thousands on our cars, and changing them every year. Maybe one day this coast will catch up to the East coast who is still behind Europe.

Vehicles
      04 Passat Wagon
      03-24-2013 11:17 AM #21
      every year I try to NOT post in this thread but every year it sucks me in.

Here is the deal.
      There was a few years that BOR was awesome. It was the early 2000s before the promoter got extremely ill with cancer or something and couldnt put the show on.
      He saw that the watercooled crowd was growing every year. He actually TALKED to us via email and phone conversations and made small modifications to the show to make us feel more welcomed.
      The last year the previous promoter ran the show we had MORE watercooleds than aircooleds. YUP. MORE new cars than old. The promoter did everything they could do to make the show enjoyable. It was a great time and worth the $25 entry fee for show cars and $15 for spectators. No complaints on price. Hell it was a few weeks later in the year too and it was always HOT AS HELL. But nobody complained.

when the new promoters came in the show INSTANTLY sucked. Its not the price its the show.
      So every year someone posts a thread about BOR and people come in to remind the BOR supporters that the show sucks for watercooleds. It will continue to suck until the promoter speaks to the watercooled crowd and lets them know they are valued. If the promoter will not do that because its an aircooled show that is fine too. The show will stay small and make less money than it could. Not a big deal.
      But coming on here and getting all flustered about it is just silly.

Vehicles
      03-25-2013 12:55 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by jhayesvw View Post
      every year I try to NOT post in this thread but every year it sucks me in.
      haha.. me too!

Quote Originally Posted by jhayesvw View Post
      Here is the deal.
      There was a few years that BOR was awesome. It was the early 2000s before the promoter got extremely ill with cancer or something and couldnt put the show on.
      He saw that the watercooled crowd was growing every year. He actually TALKED to us via email and phone conversations and made small modifications to the show to make us feel more welcomed.
      The last year the previous promoter ran the show we had MORE watercooleds than aircooleds. YUP. MORE new cars than old. The promoter did everything they could do to make the show enjoyable. It was a great time and worth the $25 entry fee for show cars and $15 for spectators. No complaints on price. Hell it was a few weeks later in the year too and it was always HOT AS HELL. But nobody complained.

when the new promoters came in the show INSTANTLY sucked. Its not the price its the show.
      So every year someone posts a thread about BOR and people come in to remind the BOR supporters that the show sucks for watercooleds. It will continue to suck until the promoter speaks to the watercooled crowd and lets them know they are valued. If the promoter will not do that because its an aircooled show that is fine too. The show will stay small and make less money than it could. Not a big deal.
      But coming on here and getting all flustered about it is just silly.
      The Holes (the current promoter) will never do that. Our club (German Toyz - 98% air cooled... the guys they supposedly care so much about being there) made contact with them to see if we could HELP in any way. That olive branch was promptly snatched, run through dog crap, doused with fuel, lit on fire, then tossed back at us.

In speaking with some of the other clubs in attendance (air cooled, that came from out of state) we found out that they were so disappointed they actually went and tried to talk to the promoter to offer advice on making things better. Yeah, we laughed at that.

I guess the point is, it's not just us watercooled that feel less than flowery about Bugodrama, it's both communities.

You're right, it will stay small and continue to suck, not a big deal. And when they stop making money on it as more and more vendors disappear, and the spectators go away - it probably will too. The skin on my nose is intact.

Vehicles
      First gen stomper.
      03-25-2013 03:48 PM #23
      It really is to bad the BOR sucks so bad here in AZ. The one in Sacramento was always good and offered so much more than what we end up with(and it comes twice a year). The swap meet is usually bigger than the entire Phoenix BOR event.

Vehicles
      2each'78s,81S,TTQ,S2 8V, race Corvette
      03-25-2013 04:14 PM #24
      Whether you're Air or Water...do you LIKE being charged to be the drawing attraction of the show. Without a diverse group of cars, there is no show, no spectators no DRAWING CARD...it's an EMPTY LOT.

Barrett Jackson is $25 for the SPECTATORS. How many tix (250,000 people times an average of $50 ticket)...does Craig Jackson think he'd sell if BARRETT JACKSON was a big empty tent.

Bring a car $5.00 end of story!

Also, I love the Air's, had DOZENS of them...but its BUG o whatever! I drive a Scirocco....the show doesn't want me... the show is apparently about 'BUGS' they TELL ME every year!
      The feeling of immortality extends right up until the moment of impact.
      I cannot teach you how to be a Zen mechanic, grasshopper.
      The VW Scirocco, the worlds fastest ECONOMY car.

Vehicles
      92 GTI 16V, 88 Scirocco 16V (sold), 20th AE GTI #2269
      03-25-2013 07:27 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by sciroccohal View Post
      Also, I love the Air's, had DOZENS of them...but its BUG o whatever! I drive a Scirocco....the show doesn't want me... the show is apparently about 'BUGS' they TELL ME every year!
      Or you could do like I did last year, brought the Scirocco out, got first in class... Ofcourse that's not hard when you're the only car in the class

26. Member The A1 and A2 German's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      03-25-2013 07:42 PM #26
      Some one should pull up last year's BOR SW thread, it's the samething & mirrors this thread. I forwarded the thread to the event organizer & he wanted me a call him. Kinda sucks, people leave the car show, to walk out in the parking, to see what is 5x the volume of cars....parked in the dirt because why even show? It is (was) cheaper to attend, then show your car...wait what!? Showing your car, brings people!!!! Bor could be huge by now, now.....one A1, two A3's and a bus with a hula skirt. $20to see four cars.

They wanna change it? Encourge entries by making it $10 to enter the show, if this would'a happened years ago there wouldn't be enough space.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

Vehicles
      2013 Audi allroad / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      03-25-2013 09:54 PM #27
      I'd much rather spend a few hundred $ and attend Wuste or Oktoberfest or Big SoCal euro than $20 and go to a lame local event.
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro - Fourtitude.com Project car
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

Vehicles
      04 R32, 57 Type 1
      03-25-2013 11:27 PM #28
      I went, talked to a bunch of people, bought some parts, drank some beers and had fun. I thought the number of cars that turned out was really good, seemed to be higher attendance than the previous few years.

I am not there to win anything so maybe I don't pay any attention to the politics.
      Last edited by j-dub; 03-25-2013 at 11:34 PM.
      Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken

Vehicles
      2003 IY GTI / a few air-cooled VW's
      03-25-2013 11:52 PM #29
      BOR isn't Wuste, Octoberfest or any other event like that and they aren't trying to be. It is an event based around aircooled cars. They aren't going to try and make it some huge watercooled deal and that's just how it is. The whole scene is different. The aircooled crowd is a much more tight knit community and they don't need fancy trophies or a bunch of hoopla to make them happy. **** all you have to do is look on Vortex and you can clearly see that the general attitude with watercooled people is much different. Most are more interested in being cool and getting cool trophies than hanging out and just having a good time. Aircooled folk show up hang out with each other and have a good time regardless of trophies and fancy food. Everyone doesn't seem to get that this will NEVER be some giant new euro car show. That isn't what they are trying to do. I have been to BOR dozens of times and have fun every year. I honestly think it's laughable how much people on here bitch and whine about it not being cool like Wuste or blablabla. It's simply two different scenes and a lot of people here seem to think that BOR is trying to be something that it isn't.

To sit here and talk **** about a local event and not want to support it is nothing more then proving my point about the general attitude of a lot of watercooled guys. Most are younger, act stupid and disrespectful. If you can't go to a car show with like minded people, hangout and have fun well then that's on you. I'm not trying to offend anyone but the same crap every year is just stupid.

Vehicles
      66 BUG 01 PASSAT WAGON
      03-26-2013 12:01 AM #30
      AMEN !

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2012 TDI Jetta, 1966 VW Bug
      03-26-2013 03:07 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by AZdhpH20 View Post
      BOR isn't Wuste, Octoberfest or any other event like that and they aren't trying to be. It is an event based around aircooled cars. They aren't going to try and make it some huge watercooled deal and that's just how it is. The whole scene is different. The aircooled crowd is a much more tight knit community and they don't need fancy trophies or a bunch of hoopla to make them happy. **** all you have to do is look on Vortex and you can clearly see that the general attitude with watercooled people is much different. Most are more interested in being cool and getting cool trophies than hanging out and just having a good time. Aircooled folk show up hang out with each other and have a good time regardless of trophies and fancy food. Everyone doesn't seem to get that this will NEVER be some giant new euro car show. That isn't what they are trying to do. I have been to BOR dozens of times and have fun every year. I honestly think it's laughable how much people on here bitch and whine about it not being cool like Wuste or blablabla. It's simply two different scenes and a lot of people here seem to think that BOR is trying to be something that it isn't.

To sit here and talk **** about a local event and not want to support it is nothing more then proving my point about the general attitude of a lot of watercooled guys. Most are younger, act stupid and disrespectful. If you can't go to a car show with like minded people, hangout and have fun well then that's on you. I'm not trying to offend anyone but the same crap every year is just stupid.
      I don't think you get it. Wuste was just a comparison to the individual who said Watercooled guys were cheap or something to that effect. BOR is lacking something that makes the watercooled crowd not want to attend. if its an age thing then how do you explain the times when aircooled guys have refused to attend? To me that is something that the BOR staff needs to find in order to get the watercooled attendance up and possibly even Continue to draw a bigger crowd. Just as much as Aircooled is the VW past Watercooled is the future Speaking for myself I had no problem spending $20 to show my Golf R and $20 to show my 66 bug at the Peoria show. That show did not have a lot of things that BOR does have but it still pulled a good crowd and no bitching or bs. I personally do not want to make the trek to the East Valley and pay $30 to show.. lug my family our early in the AM because if we take 2 cars(because they will want to leave early) now we are paying extra for gas $5 to park + 20 per person . That could easily turn into a $100 event to sit around and bs with the same people I can see at a GTG every weds. This show lacks a lot and keeps going downhill especially when the "old timers" come in here and bash on waterpumpers for not going out.

I can't wait for the Peoria show next year and hope BOR does something to attract more watercooled cars and maybe hype up the event to watercooled cars with more than 7 days notice.
      Last edited by MKIINIK; 03-26-2013 at 03:19 AM.
      2011 Audi S4 | GIAC | Milltek | Stasis | Koni | BBS |
      ʎppǝɹℲ ɯɐǝ┴

Need an Instagram Decal for your Car?

Vehicles
      03-26-2013 10:40 AM #32
      SWEuroFest 2014-2015 lol at Cardinal stadium? Aircooled and watercooled show. No segregation at all, which in my eyes is what BOR is.

I've never attended and honestly it sounds like "we have an aircooled show" and nothing more, if the promoter changed their attitude on this, more might come. If they dont want BOR to be bigger and better than they can expect us water pumpers to stay away.
      Last edited by gnatman; 03-26-2013 at 10:43 AM.
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

Vehicles
      1990 8V GTI
      03-26-2013 01:44 PM #33
      If the watercooled guys want more presence in the show they have to make it happen. I didn't see one person in the swap area selling watercooled parts, and what, like 5-6 cars in the show area. Why would the promoter change the show to include more if nobody comes out. It's about supply and demand. Do you expect the show to promote a bunch of judging classes for watercooled first and then hope people come to show their cars?

It seems there are enough watercooled enthusiasts in this thread alone that know how to properly run a show, they should just step up and make it happen. Pony up the funds, promote a watercooled show and stop going on about how the aircooled show doesn't cater to them.
      ~ Sapere aude ~

Vehicles
      '07 GTI | '10 Jetta Wolfsburg | '08 Wolfsburg (Sold 3/13) | '05 GTI (RIP 12/10)
      03-26-2013 01:50 PM #34
      Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch over this show? It's called BUG-O-RAMA not RADIATOR-RAMA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle
      2007 Candy White GTI Package #2 | APR Stage II | EuroSport Intake | EuroSport 3" Downpipe | AWE 2.5" Cat-Back | Clear Bumper Lenses | Euro LED Tail Lights | LED Interior & Exterior Bulbs | 6K HID | Yellow Fog Lights | MFD2 Navigation | Ronal Detroits | Eclipse 10" DVC / Planet Audio BB1400.1 |
      2010 Candy White Jetta Wolfsburg | Clear Bumper Lenses | LED Interior Bulbs | RCD-510 |

Vehicles
      03-26-2013 02:34 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by prasina2 View Post

It seems there are enough watercooled enthusiasts in this thread alone that know how to properly run a show, they should just step up and make it happen. Pony up the funds, promote a watercooled show and stop going on about how the aircooled show doesn't cater to them.
      SWEuroFest 2014

if you build it, they will come
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast