VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7th Annual Das Kolorado Treffen, September 15, 2013

15K views 82 replies 17 participants last post by  hi_racing 
#1 · (Edited)
DATE CHANGE

7th Annual Das Kolorado Treffen, September 15, 2013
NON CLUB AFFILIATED, ALL EURO WELCOME, IF YOU LIKE TO DRIVE IT, BRING IT

11am meet at the visitor center at the corner of HWY 50 and HWY 285 in Salida, CO

This is one of the best cruises in Colorado and nice get to get a large group together from all over the state for a nice Sunday drive

Please search threads for previous year discussion and pictures, link on page 2 to first year pictures, many previous pics posted below

Let's get talking early this year, everybody is welcome

Front Range meet to drive to Salida together, before the actual cruise
park-and-ride/gas station by Bandimere on the North West side of C-470 and Morrison Rd, we will meet here 7am-7:15am and depart at 7:30am SHARP. This should put us in Salida around 10am, time for gas and breakfast and snacks and some chit chat in the parking lot before we go.

ATTENDING:

JarrettJettaVR6
hi_racing
Gromel
westco4k
walldoctor
emg60vw
Lock-em-up

JakkoVR?
amgaylo?
BKangs14?
xthechadx?
westypoo?

more waiting for 100% confirmation....there are so many maybe's floating out there, like triple the amount confirmed, let's hope we see you all there

maybe some audizine and bimmerforums

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: 7th Annual Das Kolorado Treffen, September 22, 2013

Looking forward to a DUB day...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
thoughts on new date? who is still going?

#17 ·
So any further input? I wont make decisions alone if theres some suggestions. Is early September a suggestion? When can the most people go?

#18 ·
And Scott if youre around and read this please come again. Missed the green MKI last year

#24 · (Edited)
I guess I thought it was set for the 29th for a short time, then changed twice, my bad. lol

and will someone please explain to me why sooo many people showed up the first year?? someone must have done some mad networking :laugh:

also I think a BBQ the night before is a great idea. that's what we did for the Ouray cruise this year and that was a great time. I'd be down for that as long as work permits :thumbup:

i'm working on convincing a few of the gj guys that it is well worth the trip. every euro fool in Colorado should attend this drive atleast once.

oh and one more thing, if they can make room for a Datsun I doubt anyone would mind a touareg ;)

#27 ·
Any VW? I'll represent the Sportwagen community.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#30 · (Edited)
This!:thumbup::laugh:

Should be a great year if the maybes come, as usual, it's happening with the regulars for sure

#33 ·
Woohooo!!! Anyone going out the day before? Wife and I were talking about either camping around Four mile if it's warm enough or getting a room somewhere - maybe BV? Wife's ok with camping down to around freezing with the 6 month old - any colder than that and she pulls the eject handle on camping. :)

#35 ·
i too was gonna try to head up a day early. camped twice and loved it so i may camp again, but we could also all get several rooms at the local hotel and have a BBQ in there courtyard that night.

I really excited for this year... dont know why. always love doing this drive.

Jarred... when are you headed up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.